• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I would really love someone to tell me why Nick Ahmed and Randall Delgado

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are still on this 25 man roster

this isnt knee jerk reaction type stuff

this isnt "oh hes just being negative again" stuff

These are 2 players have historically simply shown that they cannot get it done

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! We finally agree about about something. :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. So many people defend that Ahmed's defense justifies his poor batting, but I don't subscribe to that logic.

Delgado is a huge gamble every time we give him the ball.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed now batting .174. How can you expect to win when your starting shortstop is just as bad as a pitcher at batting. The team should play Segura at shortstop and Drury at second base so Lamb can back to playing everyday. Enough of Ahmed. Having him and a pitcher in the lineup together is like playing with a lineup of only seven hitters. You have to play players you can rely on.

Goldy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,059.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed is there for the glove. He makes difficult plays look routine. As far as his stick, it's non-existent.

Delgado, I have no clue.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are still on this 25 man roster

this isnt knee jerk reaction type stuff

this isnt "oh hes just being negative again" stuff

These are 2 players have historically simply shown that they cannot get it done

100% agree on Ahmed. The offense besides him has generally been really good so it's masked how awful he's been, but we all know that level of production is going to die down and having a dude batting .150 in the lineup day in and day out will start to stick out more. His defense hasn't even been that incredible...he's already got 3 errors.

Segura should play SS. Drury is versatile and can be plugged in at third. Gosselin can play 2B. Lamb could get more time. All these guys hit better than Ahmed...by a long shot.

Delgado is tougher because they don't have a ton of options to replace him on the farm. I'd love to see Wagner take over his innings though. He's earned a shot at it. But after that...there isn't much in Reno. Hessler? Leone? Drabek? None of these guys should be in the majors either.