• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i wonder

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN 30 for 30 had a show about athletes that lost all their money. Now they had a few nhl players i say (none interviewed only mentioned). The majority of the players were NBA MLB NFL players. Now not to sound racist but I think majority of them were black. Now i know they have plenty of nfl NBA players who are whitr snd broke but got me thinking. Are our constant labor woes because the athletes in hockey are more "educated" then other sports? Less likely to get into trouble and wiser with their money? Now i use "educated" with " " because most of the players don't go to ncaa but rather major junior. But its also easily the most expensive sport to play leadig to a certain type of person playing the game education wise.

Anyway wondering if anyone thought similar reason to why we dont seem to have easy work stoppages?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 30 for 30 had a show about athletes that lost all their money. Now they had a few nhl players i say (none interviewed only mentioned). The majority of the players were NBA MLB NFL players. Now not to sound racist but I think majority of them were black. Now i know they have plenty of nfl NBA players who are whitr snd broke but got me thinking. Are our constant labor woes because the athletes in hockey are more "educated" then other sports? Less likely to get into trouble and wiser with their money? Now i use "educated" with " " because most of the players don't go to ncaa but rather major junior. But its also easily the most expensive sport to play leadig to a certain type of person playing the game education wise.

Anyway wondering if anyone thought similar reason to why we dont seem to have easy work stoppages?

100%. Think about it, hockey is a very expensive sport to play (part of the reason I think the sport is gradually going extinct). In theory, in order to play hockey you need to come from money, if you come from money you are better educated and have a better idea of how to manage it. If you're better educated you can probably spot when you're being ripped off, and I think that's what you have here.

If you do not come from money, you are not as familiar with it and don't have the supporting cast around you telling you when you're misusing it and therefore wind up broke. You probably have more people looking for handouts as well.