• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was at the game: Things were bad.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to accomplish a few things while at the game Sunday:
I wanted to see the fans and get a general idea of what everyone thought going forward and how supportive they were towards the team. I wanted to see the players perform on the field, but mostly on the sideline to see if there was any life left in these guys. I wanted to watch Arians compared to Caldwell and of course, the Cardinals players vs ours.
Surprisingly, during the few hours of tailgating, most fans didnt seem too bummed about the state of the team but things changed very quickly during the game. The fans gave up quickly after Abdullah's first fumble. They cheered when Staff got benched and when Stanton came in the game. One fan by me tried to get our whole section to walk out early. There was also a huge fight. I wore my Stafford jersey (Georgia), which people loved but most fans think he's done.
Most of the Lions players are terrible and play with no heart. Slay needs to keep his mouth closed. He's not the player he thinks he is. Stafford, CJ, Tate and a few others look as if they aren't playing with the same energy as their opponents. I fear Caldwell has lost these guys. After Staff's third pick, there was a huge circle of players around Stafford on the sideline for about 10 minutes. On the Cardinals sideline, you could see them literally laughing at the Lions.
It didnt take long for Arians to figure out that he could run to the left side of the Lions defense. It was very obvious that he outcoached every last one of Detroit's guys. He had his players in position to win matchups. Lions coaches and players were clueless and the oline is worse than what they look like on tv. The oline does an awful job selling screen passes. Every time they do it, the defense knows it.
It was so obvious who the better team was right from the beginning. With the Cardinals, I saw a team that was focussed and knew what they were doing. They never flinched and made adjustments on the fly. They made us look like little boys.
Side note: Mayhew should've cut Bell and signed Chris Johnson. He still has some explosiveness. David Johnson is a beast in person, as well as Fitz. Tolluch is a liability on defense. Bruce Arians is a damn good coach.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got dammit! It didnt seperate my paragraphs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported from blatant negativity. Your criminal record is now on file.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@lionstop1

How do you feel about Stafford? Do you still feel some coach can still correct his flaws? People can say he needs this and that.... I still feel in the most perfect world of scenarios he will never be more than what he is today.

Sad part of thinking Caldwell has lost the team and given up on him. You prolly will not see change until seasons end.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Lions players are terrible and play with no heart. Slay needs to keep his mouth closed. He's not the player he thinks he is.

Give me a team full of Slay's who play with passion over the rest of disinterested losers out there. CJ, Stafford and the rest of the clowns.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@lionstop1

How do you feel about Stafford? Do you still feel some coach can still correct his flaws? People can say he needs this and that.... I still feel in the most perfect world of scenarios he will never be more than what he is today.

Sad part of thinking Caldwell has lost the team and given up on him. You prolly will not see change until seasons end.

At this point, I cannot defend him.

Personally, I think Caldwell has ruined him, as Stafford is trying to be this game-managing type qb while having the mentality and strengths of a gun-slinger. I think the two styles have collided and the issues with the offensive line makes matters worse.

I think Stafford would be fine under great management and coaching. We’ve seen what he can do. I’m a strong believer in coaches ruining players.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a team full of Slay's who play with passion over the rest of disinterested losers out there. CJ, Stafford and the rest of the clowns.

I somewhat agree with this statement, but Slay is still getting his ass torched like the rest of them. The Cards didn’t even have to test Mathis. Big Play Slay, hunh?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree with this statement, but Slay is still getting his ass torched like the rest of them. The Cards didn’t even have to test Mathis. Big Play Slay, hunh?

Slay is all talk without an elite pass front 4 in front of him, like the rest of the back 7.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I cannot defend him.

Personally, I think Caldwell has ruined him, as Stafford is trying to be this game-managing type qb while having the mentality and strengths of a gun-slinger. I think the two styles have collided and the issues with the offensive line makes matters worse.

I think Stafford would be fine under great management and coaching. We’ve seen what he can do. I’m a strong believer in coaches ruining players.

This is a prime example of Mayhew not being on the same page as the HCs he hires. Caldwell wants to pound the rock, and Mayhew drafts him a TE who can't block and a pass catching RB. Go figure.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but his team can be down 30 at home and he is still excited when he makes a play.

CJ got strip fumbled on the game winner, prime time television and I see him smile as if he didn't give two rats ass about it when they shot over to him on the sideline.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guy need a moderator to keep this shit upbeat.:D

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but his team can be down 30 at home and he is still excited when he makes a play.

CJ got strip fumbled on the game winner, prime time television and I see him smile as if he didn't give two rats ass about it when they shot over to him on the sideline.

That's cause this is still new to Slay, while Calvin is old and has been Lionized. Give Slay a few more years bad he'll be eating weed with Mikel Leshoure in a Denny's parking lot.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don’t think Mayhew or the coaches survive this. I think they lose against the Bears and shit really hits the fan. The Fords will have to makes some decisions because they will need to win their fans back. The fans have begun to hate Staff, CJ’s contract is huge and nobody has any trust in Mayhew.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cause this is still new to Slay, while Calvin is old and has been Lionized. Give Slay a few more years bad he'll be eating weed with Mikel Leshoure in a Denny's parking lot.

Think you can get Mikel to pick up Joe, Jim and MM on the way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden Tate posing for pics with Patrick Peterson after the game, then having his little monologue afterwards on how he expects more from the fanbase..... Yeah, that kind of shit doesn't sit well with me.

CJ has packed it in as a Lion. Just like Barry did before him.

I understand why, but it sucks to witness.