• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was 51/49 in favor of keeping Emory

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali- that's a lot of work, nice job.
Drafting is also based simply on luck too. If a guy get's drafted by one team and becomes a success doesn't necessarily mean he would be a success on a different team.
And the opposite could be true of failures- I could be way off here (and we will never know) but if McClellin was drafted by New England in the 2nd round and put in that system as a rush OLB... does he turn into something more? (ok maybe not Shea...lol) Less pressure then being a first round pick- put in the right position early- learn from good coaching...etc.

I think it is what Emery did in some other areas that got him canned. Of course Trestman over Arians, the Cutler contract (which I'm not mad about) Hiring Tucker/DeComilles before Tresty- and now it's coming out that Marinelli was going to be retained and actually helped interview the top three candidates- Rod chose 1.Arians 2. Bevell 3. Trestman... when Emery went with Tresty- Marinelli lost it and quit on the spot.
The handling/non action of Kromer (notice how the team FIRED him too... I think that says a lot)
His handling of the Urlacher mess- though I think it was the right move- his handling of it wasn't. Word now is that he wasn't the easiest guy to work with if you didn't follow his way of thinking.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Three, this reaffirms my belief that Minnesota is the rising star in the NFC North.

I would say the following: the best 3-year drafts, I would give to St Louis, Minnesota, Carolina, Houston. Look out 2016!)............. Look out for what? This is a QB league and none of those teams have one. I hate the fact QB is so important, but it is everything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also great work Cali. Very interesting stuff.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so what was interesting about this was a couple of things.

One, some GMs are red hot one year, and way off the next. Tampa, for example, had a fantastic 2012 draft, but this year's draft looks like shit (only one hit...Mike Evans...a lot like our 2012 draft).

Two, I went into this with some preconceived ideas. Like, fuck, St Louis has been drafting great. And in some cases, like St Louis, that bore out about right. Other times, I was surprised. Like how bad San Diego's drafts have been. I assumed the Giants were a lot worse, but that list isn't that bad actually.

Three, this reaffirms my belief that Minnesota is the rising star in the NFC North.

I would say the following: the best 3-year drafts, I would give to St Louis, Minnesota, Carolina, Houston. Look out 2016!

I would still say the Bears are somewhat below average, although not by quite as much as I thought. At least Emery was better than Washington (yikes!).

To the point GB has drafted about as well as we have, I might give them a slight edge, but not by much. Of course, they did it with lower draft picks the whole time, making more out of less.

The mishandling of shea. loss of Hardin and Rodriguez stick in my mind. He was improving.

Where I went was draft history on profootballreference.com and noticed the amount of games that draft players played in the nfl. 4 of this years bear class had all 16 games one 15 one 14. Last years numbers surprised me being close to 32. First year had a couple 40's, but more 20's. You can count injuries in there, like the games jeffrey missed with the broken hand, but its a pretty good way to see a player at least good enough to suit up for games.

Chicago Bears All-Time Draft History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

you can do your own research on other teams like green bay that have more than half of their roster being players they drafted.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so what was interesting about this was a couple of things.

One, some GMs are red hot one year, and way off the next. Tampa, for example, had a fantastic 2012 draft, but this year's draft looks like shit (only one hit...Mike Evans...a lot like our 2012 draft).

Two, I went into this with some preconceived ideas. Like, fuck, St Louis has been drafting great. And in some cases, like St Louis, that bore out about right. Other times, I was surprised. Like how bad San Diego's drafts have been. I assumed the Giants were a lot worse, but that list isn't that bad actually.

Three, this reaffirms my belief that Minnesota is the rising star in the NFC North.

I would say the following: the best 3-year drafts, I would give to St Louis, Minnesota, Carolina, Houston. Look out 2016!

I would still say the Bears are somewhat below average, although not by quite as much as I thought. At least Emery was better than Washington (yikes!).

To the point GB has drafted about as well as we have, I might give them a slight edge, but not by much. Of course, they did it with lower draft picks the whole time, making more out of less.

Great analysis... Thanks for taking the time to do that.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali- that's a lot of work, nice job.
:nod:

I disagree with noonthirtyjoe about Carolina not having a QB (to an extent) and about Minnesota not having one either (a whole bunch — I think Bridgewater is gonna be really, really good). But yeah, without a starting QB the best Houston and St. Louis can hope for is to be the 2000 Ravens/2003 Panthers/2006 Bears.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

I disagree with noonthirtyjoe about Carolina not having a QB (to an extent) and about Minnesota not having one either (a whole bunch — I think Bridgewater is gonna be really, really good). But yeah, without a starting QB the best Houston and St. Louis can hope for is to be the 2000 Ravens/2003 Panthers/2006 Bears.
Bridgewater fan? You may be right. I seen him play about 6 games now. I don't see much. In fact I believe now that there is film on him he will only regress.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater fan? You may be right. I seen him play about 6 games now. I don't see much. In fact I believe now that there is film on him he will only regress.

Yea, well, he probably can't get worse, it is all up hill for him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

the last 5 games of the season, Bridgewater played terrific. Considering he was only a rookie, if he keeps getting better like this, he is going to turn into a nightmare. Those games he played against Carolina and the Jets, he played as well as anyone out there.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 5 games of the season, Bridgewater played terrific. Considering he was only a rookie, if he keeps getting better like this, he is going to turn into a nightmare. Those games he played against Carolina and the Jets, he played as well as anyone out there.
That's certainly what I saw. :suds:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's certainly what I saw. :suds:

The knock on Bridgewater was his arm is really not strong enough when they start playing more games in the elements in minnesota. Thayer called him a strong arm quarterback during pregame. I dont know if he just underwhelmed people at the combine, but I definitely thought he has the intangables.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always big Bridgewater guy, and I never got why he plummeted as far as he did in so many people's eyes.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it here- I was wrong on Brigdewater I didn't think he would be as good as he has been. Jury is still out imo, but he's off to a much better start then I thought he would. Good for him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year will be the real indicator of his future IMO. Tougher game when folks see ya coming.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it here- I was wrong on Brigdewater I didn't think he would be as good as he has been. Jury is still out imo, but he's off to a much better start then I thought he would. Good for him.

Agreed. Regardless, you got to hand it to Minnesota for being aggressive in finding their next guy. They drafted Ponder not to long ago and quickly decided to move on. Even though I thought Ponder was a sketchy pick at the time, they evaluated him and saw that he wasn't good enough.

I think if it was Chicago who picked Ponder, we would still be trying to start him in order for our GM to save face. We would be trying to get a new QB coach or OC guy who could "understand" Ponder.

Mazel tov, Minnesota.