• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to interrupt this Smith thingy to rant

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton is an asshole; he's on the Seattle sports radio and says that Smith is no better than Tavaris Jackson, I've seen both quarterbacks play and I can only just say that he has such homer glasses on that every word he says now is suspect.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton is an asshole; he's on the Seattle sports radio and says that Smith is no better than Tavaris Jackson, I've seen both quarterbacks play and I can only just say that he has such homer glasses on that every word he says now is suspect.

Geezus. Tavaris Jackson? John Clayton is indeed an asshole and an idiot if he really thinks that.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just his opinion. How much better is Smith than Jackson in your opinion? Clayton could just be a stat type of guy. Jackson has a career 77.7 QR and Smith has a 76.4. This might have something to do with his opinion but im just speculating

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this, Jackson NEVER had any comebacks with the game on the line this last year, and he has had the same freakin offensive coordinator for the last 6 years or so, since Bevell used to be at Minnesota when he was there. Clayton knows this, he's not that stupid, that's why he's an asshole. Jackson just makes horrible decisions with the game on the line.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this, Jackson NEVER had any comebacks with the game on the line this last year, and he has had the same freakin offensive coordinator for the last 6 years or so, since Bevell used to be at Minnesota when he was there. Clayton knows this, he's not that stupid, that's why he's an asshole. Jackson just makes horrible decisions with the game on the line.

On 10/9 against the Giants in NEW YORK he had a very good comeback game. i do agree he makes horrible decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was Whitehurst who replaced Jackson in the third quarter and got everyone here all excited about him before he completely blew it against Cleveland and Washington.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jackson is a bum and even tho Smith isnt great, tjax couldnt hold Smiths jock, tell me seattles record last year again

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was Whitehurst who replaced Jackson in the third quarter and got everyone here all excited about him before he completely blew it against Cleveland and Washington.

oh wow ok. I just remembered my best friend a Giants fan, ranting about losing to Jackson and the seahawks while we were getting hammered that weekend.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine, Smith doesn't deserve even an ounce of media love until he gives the 49ers a 30+ TD season. Shit, at this point I might even settle for him actually getting over 20 TDs

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine, Smith doesn't deserve even an ounce of media love until he gives the 49ers a 30+ TD season. Shit, at this point I might even settle for him actually getting over 20 TDs

This is the stuff that makes me take everyone's criticisms of Smith with a grain of salt. In 2009, he had 18 TDs in 10.5 games, a 27.4 TD pace in 16 games (26 if you consider that 11 games). In 2010, he had 14 TDs in 9.75 games, a 23 TD pace (20.4 if you count the Carolina (1/2) and Rams (1 Quarter) games as full games). In 2011, there were at least three plays where players dropped or refs removed TDs. Yes, every QB has a few of those, but to act like this is some threshold Alex could not have passed is silly. Not saying these are good numbers, but why focus on total output when the rate of TDs is criticizable?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the stuff that makes me take everyone's criticisms of Smith with a grain of salt. In 2009, he had 18 TDs in 10.5 games, a 27.4 TD pace in 16 games (26 if you consider that 11 games). In 2010, he had 14 TDs in 9.75 games, a 23 TD pace (20.4 if you count the Carolina (1/2) and Rams (1 Quarter) games as full games). In 2011, there were at least three plays where players dropped or refs removed TDs. Yes, every QB has a few of those, but to act like this is some threshold Alex could not have passed is silly. Not saying these are good numbers, but why focus on total output when the rate of TDs is criticizable?

I know he could have those years, but in the end he didn't. Guys in the media just look at the bottom line, hell it took them until this year to finally recognize that maybe Smith's development was hampered (or should I say crippled?) by Nolan/Sing and the string of crappy OCs after Norv... and all they say now is that maybe, just maybe it played a part.

I just mean to say that I don't care if the media doesn't show him respect or anything, because what they look at are his low TD seasons in comparison to Brees/Brady/Rodgers etc. So they see a bust, and the truth is, they'll probably always see a bust. Even if he wins a Super Bowl, they're more than likely just going to say he is a Trent Dilfer type SB Champ.

I'd only care if Smith actually did get near 30 TDs and then someone like Clayton still said TJax was a better QB.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its cool that John Clayton has long hair in the back, but he's bald in the front. I don't think his analysis is too cool though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jackson? Ouch. I could pick 20+ Qb's in the NFL I would say that about but he isn't one of em.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you count the playoffs he had 22 last year? :whoo: