• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Want My Money

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand how he feels. No one wants to give up any money and apparently the players already agreed to prorated contracts.

But that's shit you say to your agent or your union rep. You can't say that shit where it can get out. Especially a full recording.

He better hope the games are played without fans all season because he'll be hearing about it every game otherwise.
nah, the fans are smarter than that. they agreed to a deal and the owners balked, yet the sheep continue to flock to the owners.

oh, guess the fans aren't smarter than that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, the fans are smarter than that. they agreed to a deal and the owners balked, yet the sheep continue to flock to the owners.

oh, guess the fans aren't smarter than that.

Fans might find it easier to side with the players if they didn't have guys staying stupid shit like Snell did.

Like I said, I'm actually inclined to agree with the guy, especially since it looks like the owners are trying to change the deal.

But he just can't get caught saying that shit.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans might find it easier to side with the players if they didn't have guys staying stupid shit like Snell did.

Like I said, I'm actually inclined to agree with the guy, especially since it looks like the owners are trying to change the deal.

But he just can't get caught saying that shit.
so, you agree with him, but you don't? what did he say that was wrong?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risking his fucking life, kiss my ass. Hope he takes a line drive off the head on the same pitch he blows his arms out.

I've been going to work every day since this shit started, making considerably less than he would, even at the proposed reduced rate.
You must feel terrible for the poor billionaire owners.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you agree with him, but you don't? what did he say that was wrong?

From an average fans perspective? Everything.

Much like when your wife asks if those jeans make her ass look big...you either lie, or keep your mouth shut. The truth isn't worth the resultant blowback. lol

Like I said in my original post, that's stuff to say to his agent and/or union rep. Not in a situation where it can get to fans.

Some guy who's worried about how he's going to take care of his family because he lost his job and isn't sure what's going to be available when this thing is over, probably doesn't want to hear a millionaire bitching about how he doesn't want to do his job if he has to take a pay cut.

Some frontline worker who is working longer hours under tougher conditions and in some cases, taking a pay cut to do it, also probably doesn't want to hear it either.

Especially when his job is a game.

It also doesn't look good when compared to Chris Paul saying today that the consensus among NBA players is that they want to finish their season.

Reactions: gob

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an average fans perspective? Everything.

Much like when your wife asks if those jeans make her ass look big...you either lie, or keep your mouth shut. The truth isn't worth the resultant blowback. lol

Like I said in my original post, that's stuff to say to his agent and/or union rep. Not in a situation where it can get to fans.

Some guy who's worried about how he's going to take care of his family because he lost his job and isn't sure what's going to be available when this thing is over, probably doesn't want to hear a millionaire bitching about how he doesn't want to do his job if he has to take a pay cut.

Some frontline worker who is working longer hours under tougher conditions and in some cases, taking a pay cut to do it, also probably doesn't want to hear it either.

Especially when his job is a game.

It also doesn't look good when compared to Chris Paul saying today that the consensus among NBA players is that they want to finish their season.
lol, we're so dumb. nothing else to say.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand how he feels. No one wants to give up any money and apparently the players already agreed to prorated contracts.

But that's shit you say to your agent or your union rep. You can't say that shit where it can get out. Especially a full recording.

He better hope the games are played without fans all season because he'll be hearing about it every game otherwise.

Yeah, he needed to choose a lane and go down it. Instead he says he is too scared to play for 1/3rd of his salary but if he gets it all then F it, he is down to play.

But I completely see why more well paid baseball players aren’t thrilled. This CV is putting a crack in the MLBPA which owners and fans will try to exploit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he needed to choose a lane and go down it. Instead he says he is too scared to play for 1/3rd of his salary but if he gets it all then F it, he is down to play.

But I completely see why more well paid baseball players aren’t thrilled. This CV is putting a crack in the MLBPA which owners and fans will try to exploit.

I think baseball players being so worried is pretty funny, especially since NBA players are ready to get going.

I can't think of a team sport that has more "social distancing" built into the game as baseball does. An outfielder can play an entire game and never get within 6 feet of anyone but a teammate. lol

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a contract to play baseball for a certain amount. Apparently millions. Whatever.

He and all baseball players agreed to play half the season for half of their normal pay. That's losing millions of dollars that he had planned on having already.

Now the owners are saying they may not make enough money so they want players to take less money.

The players are already risking their body and injury and everything they have. Now they have additional risk (however slight it is) and they're being asked to do it for less than half of their contracted pay. Meanwhile the only risk the owners are ever asked to take is the financial risk. And now they don't even want to take that.

If any players agree to this they should have their union get it in writing that since the players are taking less money in lean year, any years that the owners make more than expected they have to pay out huge extras bonuses.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think baseball players being so worried is pretty funny, especially since NBA players are ready to get going.l

Kind of like when relief pitchers use to get picked up and driven to the mound.