• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Palmer just took the lead for MVP

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing keeping Cam ahead was the unbeaten season. Now that's gone and his stats aren't as good as some other QB's in the MVP race. If voting were today it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Carson Palmer win the award. Brady is in the mix too. Wilson was making a case over the past 6 weeks but yesterday probably dashed any slim hopes he had to win.

So with one week to go I'm saying Palmer is now the front runner.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Brady is in the race after yesterday. IMO it's a two person race between Newton and Palmer.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Brady is in the race after yesterday. IMO it's a two person race between Newton and Palmer.

I would agree with that but voters are stubborn and Brady had a great start to the season so they may overlook yesterday's game.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam is still the leader, I expect they will get back on track vs. Tampa next week and he walks away with it.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're chomping at the bit to give this award to a black qb, I'm sure. Cam has this on lock down.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam's numbers are not good. No way he wins the award. The only thing he had going for him was the ability to say that he put the team on his back. But in the last two weeks he tried to do that and failed. Late in the game he just completely collapsed. His defense has bailed him out a lot this year

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing keeping Cam ahead was the unbeaten season. Now that's gone and his stats aren't as good as some other QB's in the MVP race. If voting were today it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Carson Palmer win the award. Brady is in the mix too. Wilson was making a case over the past 6 weeks but yesterday probably dashed any slim hopes he had to win.

So with one week to go I'm saying Palmer is now the front runner.
Palmer is having A career season. If you run the stats Cam isn't even close. Its Palmers award imo

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam's numbers are not good. No way he wins the award. The only thing he had going for him was the ability to say that he put the team on his back. But in the last two weeks he tried to do that and failed. Late in the game he just completely collapsed. His defense has bailed him out a lot this year

Not even remotely close to reality, and Im not even a Cam fan

But the Panthers defense has to be the most overrated group in the NFL

Are you really crediting the defense with the Giants win? and not Cam?

The defense that blew a 35-7 4th quarter lead?

Is that what im reading?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely close to reality, and Im not even a Cam fan

But the Panthers defense has to be the most overrated group in the NFL

Are you really crediting the defense with the Giants win? and not Cam?

The defense that blew a 35-7 4th quarter lead?

Is that what im reading?
There was a pivotal fumble by Cam in the 4th quarter, with less than 7 minutes left and the Panthers up by 14 points. Cam gave the Giants the ball 14 yards away from the endzone. That Panther drive started with their defense getting an interception.

The Giants got the TD, kicked off to the Panthers, and then promptly go 3 and out (with Cam throwing two incomplete passes, and Cam running on the other play). They managed to run less than a minute off the clock. So yes I blame Cam.

Panthers-Giants Play-by-play

Then look at the last four drives by the Panthers against the Falcons. Its awful.

Cam's number on the year are not good. He really shouldn't even be in the conversation for MVP

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a pivotal fumble by Cam in the 4th quarter, with less than 7 minutes left and the Panthers up by 14 points. Cam gave the Giants the ball 14 yards away from the endzone. That Panther drive started with their defense getting an interception.

The Giants got the TD, kicked off to the Panthers, and then promptly go 3 and out (with Cam throwing two incomplete passes, and Cam running on the other play). They managed to run less than a minute off the clock. So yes I blame Cam.

Panthers-Giants Play-by-play

Then look at the last four drives by the Panthers against the Falcons. Its awful.

Cam's number on the year are not good. He really shouldn't even be in the conversation for MVP

Panthers defense was taken to the woodshed by the average Saints

They have blown ENORMOUS leads this season to the Packers, Colts and Giants.....3 teams who have struggled in huge bulks this season

They have feasted all season on offensively challenged teams....The one impressive performance was against a Seattle offense that was struggling big time at the time of that game

I think Cam has bailed out that defense far more than vice versa......People fall too in love with Stats, Cam is the greatest Red Zone threat in the NFL...Their TD ratio in the red Zone is off the charts.....

I think Palmer is in the conversation for sure, but Cam is very worthy this season

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for a while now but the history of a QB winning the MVP award for the past decade or so has either been #1 or #2 in Total QBR. Carson Palmer is #1 and leads everyone by a landslide while Scam is #13. It goes to Palmer and it might not even be close.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tyrod Taylor has a good QBR

QBR

SMH

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that it should go to Palmer. Have no idea if it will though.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should go to MVPalmer. He's literally played at a very good to elite level every single game this year. I think Cam probably has too, but he's thrown for like 1,000 yards less.

I don't get why Russell was ever in the conversation. He was barely mediocre for 9 weeks, then he was incredible for 6, and back to mediocre last week. Palmer and Newton have resumes. Russell had a hot streak (albeit, a VERY hot one)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is on a completely different level than Cam...

Do you for a moment think that Palmer could have that Panther's team with no offensive weapons and no OL at 14-1 and being the highest scoring team in the league?

That is the reason Cam is still going to win this thing IMO.

Cam this season is the perfect example of how stats don't lie but never tell the full story.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the douche, and I believe he (and his entire team for that matter) is playing far above his passing talent, but $cam is gonna be the MVP.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you for a moment think that Palmer could have that Panther's team with no offensive weapons and no OL at 14-1 and being the highest scoring team in the league?

That is the reason Cam is still going to win this thing IMO.

Cam this season is the perfect example of how stats don't lie but never tell the full story.

If Cam bounces back this week with decent game I have to agree... it is still his. Cam is their offense, only other players are Stewart and maybe Olsen. Lost his best WR before the regular season.

Palmer has D. Johnson, C. Johnson (previously), Fitz, Brown, Floyd... heck, even the 2015 Aaron Rodgers could look good with those weapons :D