• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I see Kevin Sumlin has a new nickname

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTSA is returing 21 starters, and ended the season strong. I actually think its going to be a good game.

If by "good game" you mean a "competitive game", I am skeptical. UH also returns a lot of guys who have started games (18, I think), we finally field a defense that can get stops, QB O'Korn figures to be better than he was in his true freshman year last year (which included pasting UTSA on the road), and I imagine that the team comes out pretty spirited in its new digs.

We shall see. In the event that you are confident enough to make a wager, I am certainly prepared to spot the eleven points by which UH is favored.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they lose 4 OL next year. One thing A&M has had since coming into the SEC is a great OL. If that changes, I doubt they produce at the same level. That OL was why I thought the offense would be very good this year. I do have to admit I thought it would be very good by mid-season and go through some early growing pains. That was clearly off

Every year we hear that..."next year when the OL loses their players". We have had a top of the 1st round OL drafted the last two years. Each year there is someone else to step up, so far.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we hear that..."next year when the OL loses their players". We have had a top of the 1st round OL drafted the last two years. Each year there is someone else to step up, so far.

2 things. I don't think you have had a rebuild yet. Losing 4 is huge.
So far, is correct. Like I said earlier, people assume it is always going to continue. It never does. 3 straight years with a top 10 pick tackle, assumes 1 this year. Odds say it is more likely A&M will go a decade until the next. May not happen, but that is an amazing streak of fortune.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things. I don't think you have had a rebuild yet. Losing 4 is huge.
So far, is correct. Like I said earlier, people assume it is always going to continue. It never does. 3 straight years with a top 10 pick tackle, assumes 1 this year. Odds say it is more likely A&M will go a decade until the next. May not happen, but that is an amazing streak of fortune.

Cedric is projecting to be a late first rounder right now, but if he does well at LT this year then he could easily move into the top half of the draft. Then it just depends on needs of teams. If dallas is there in the top 10, not going to take an OL :gaah: