• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I really don't care about the numbers

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, the one thing the defense honestly did well last year was create turnovers. That has not been the norm for the Cowboys in forever. Expecting more of the same this season, and automatically coupling it with a pass rush, was assuming quite a bit.

I don't think this group is trash, but I think it may actually need last years offense more than last years defense did. There aren't nearly enough guys stepping up right now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gashed us last night with their running game. Bradford threw for 290. They had a makeshift OLine and I think we hit Bradford 3 or 4 times. When we lost the toss( which is questionable) , did u have confidence that we were gonna stop them. They even had a penalty or 2. We don't get it done when we have too.
Like I said, they failed when it mattered most. But, through regulation Philly had 234 yards passing. If that were an "average" game it would put us 7th in the NFL. Rushing yards thru regulation 138 and that would be near the bottom of the league.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the first quarter, I really thought the Eagles might as well crank up the buses. I thought there was no way and then Demarco went up the middle for 10. Damn I want him back.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like losing your top RB to a division rival. That was an omen for this season lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But after the first game all I read was how smart we were and how overrated he was...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love everything about 29

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe we suck so bad.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Our defense is one of the worst in the NFL. Last I checked they had a 2-6 record and gave up three long drives when it counted against the Saints, Eagles, and Seahawks to essentially lose the game. They also gave up an 11 point lead at halftime against the Falcons and got absolutely shreded by the Patriots. By my count, the loss to the Giants is the only one you can't really pin on th defense. However, this defense creates little pressure, no turnovers, and gets gassed when they have been on the field for all 21 minutes wiht all the substitution that is done. They suck just like our offense and team.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But after the first game all I read was how smart we were and how overrated he was...

I understand the money was too much, I just wish he was not in the division this year.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are a horrible tackling team. They will launch and hit you, but that's it
Teams tend to miss a lot of tackles when they are on the field all game.
Earl this defense sucks no way around it. It my be a smidgen better then last year, but it still sucks. Not enough sacks, no turnovers, can't get off the field on third down, we score and after stopping a team a few times, give up td's immediately on the next series., OT stop for even just a field goal, forget about it... It's the players we have such as Wilcox, Church, and Flagborne...
They don't suck. They just aren't as good as we expected them to be. Like I said, the Pats defense would be exposed without Brady. So would the Packers without Rodgers. I could go on and on. In today's NFL, a defense is only as good as your QB. If you have an offense that nobody fears, that puts pressure on your defense. Like I said, look at the first half last night. The defense shut them down, but the offense made no plays to put the game out of reach because of no competent QB. Philly's game plan in the 2nd half just might be different if they are down 20-7. Instead, they were allowed to stay committed to the run game and gash us with playaction.

Romo is by no means a cure all. This defense has a lot of question marks and holes, but a defense like this with an All Pro QB doesn't have as much pressure. Less pressure on the defense means they can tee off on opposing QBs without fear of the running game. More QB pressure means turnovers. Just think of the Broncos. Peyton is nowhere near what he once was, but opposing teams still fear him and his teammates know they can trust him to lead a TD drive if they make mistakes defensively. Just the presence of Peyton alone takes pressure off his defense, and this is a shell of prime Peyton. Just the presence of Romo will uplift the defense and they will feel less pressure. Sure, they will still have their mental lapses and miss tackles, but a load of pressure is taken off of them when they know they have a QB that can win them the game in spite of their mistakes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is one of the worst in the NFL. Last I checked they had a 2-6 record and gave up three long drives when it counted against the Saints, Eagles, and Seahawks to essentially lose the game. They also gave up an 11 point lead at halftime against the Falcons and got absolutely shreded by the Patriots. By my count, the loss to the Giants is the only one you can't really pin on th defense. However, this defense creates little pressure, no turnovers, and gets gassed when they have been on the field for all 21 minutes wiht all the substitution that is done. They suck just like our offense and team.

I understand you are angry but you aren't thinking logically. The Cowboys average 20 points a game this year. That's 26th in the NFL. In addition the offense is turning the ball over a ton and giving opposing teams easy points. Yes, our defense is getting gashed, but our offense has been clearly worse than the defense. You can pinpoint games where our defense gave up long drives, but I can also pinpoint games where if we had Romo, we would have scored TDs instead of kicking FGs. Even more, Cassell threw two pick sixes when we were in the opposing team's territory. Meaning we were in position to score and he threw two pick sixes. The pick last night was killer because it was a tie ball game and we were in position to score points. The pick six against the GMen was killer too because it felt like we were in control of the game and it was lost on one throw. Weeden threw a backbreaking pick to keep ATL in the game when we were in full control. Sure, Romo is not immune to picks, but opposing teams can't completely lockdown Romo for the rest of a game like ATL did against Weeden. If Romo put up 28 at half against ATL, I doubt we score 0 points in the 2nd half.

13 points would have not have been enough for Seattle to beat Romo. The Saints game probably would have been a blowout at halftime. Our defense held one of the best offenses to 26 total points and we still lost. The Saints have one of the worst defenses in football. Romo would have put up at least 30 against them.

Sure we can sit here and pinpoint all day how our defense chokes at the worst times, but the thing that bothers me most is the trash QB play. These last six losses have felt a lot like the Campo years with the QB play.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't Gregory on the field more? I ready to see what this kid has, sure he might be suspect against the run due to his size but unless the get him on the field more we won't know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the money was too much, I just wish he was not in the division this year.
Agree, but Matthews looked better when given the chance.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not spending the big money on Murray was a smart move. Dallas is the 8th rushing team in the league and Philly is 11th. How much did Philly spend? And what would the rushing totals be with Romo at the helm the last 6 games? Do you think defenses would be cheating as much with him as they do with these back ups?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but Matthews looked better when given the chance.

I agree as far as the running goes. Matthews seemed to get the edge quicker. MUrray though is a much better receiver. I would take him back today though

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree as far as the running goes. Matthews seemed to get the edge quicker. MUrray though is a much better receiver. I would take him back today though
I'd take him back too. just meant that I wouldn't say he was the reason we lost.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No DMC is running well. Just something about MUrray wearing the Star looked right, not to mention he was a great team mate

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No DMC is running well. Just something about MUrray wearing the Star looked right, not to mention he was a great team mate
And one of the classier guys to wear the uniform. Just a great person. Like with Ware, I still root for the best for him for that reason

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy certainly did not come through Sunday but McLain is just not the same player this year. He was a wall last year and his presence got everyone fired up with each hit. Hitchens got thrown in and they went right after him. Looked like they ran the same play NO finished us off with. But in fairness it is hard for any team to overcome all these injuries at such key positions. This team is just starting to have some depth but not across the board yet. We mostly miss the pass rush. I think we all expected an awesome pass rush this year. It just has not been consistent or been there at key moments. Irving had a really good game - not the guy I would have expected it from. At least we can count on NE beating NY and Philly....I hope. Then we have to run the table. Easy right?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not spending the big money on Murray was a smart move. Dallas is the 8th rushing team in the league and Philly is 11th. How much did Philly spend? And what would the rushing totals be with Romo at the helm the last 6 games? Do you think defenses would be cheating as much with him as they do with these back ups?
Just a shame he is in the NFC East this year. Any other division. Philly hurt us by signing him. If you got the money, and think he can help your team and hurt a division rival, you do the move. That money ain't hurting philly they manage their cap better then Dallas.