• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I pray Gary Thorne is our new announcer.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So many of my favorite Devils memories were called by this guy. He may miss some of the calls sometimes, like the time he claimed Foota scored on Marty in the finals, BUT, he's pretty awesome. Anyone but Cangi. I don't know how I'll be able to watch games with Cangi calling 82 of them.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOD NO! Not so much because of him, but because of EA's NHL series. I'm so sick of hearing his voice now.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His energy is sooo great though. He was devils announcer waaaay back in the day too.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does Orioles PBP full-time. I guess he could still work for the Devils though.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow i forgot about this drama! its been a long summer i guess. yeah i'm all for thorne again. he is just as solid as doc IMO. i find it strange that EA doesnt have doc calling the game since he is the voice of hockey really.

the 2 choices that will probably happen are an EPIC FAIL if you ask me. matt on the radio is so bland and so slow. cangy calls the redbulls enough said...plus i cant stand to hear SHAAAAAAAAAAAT save for 82 games

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow i forgot about this drama! its been a long summer i guess. yeah i'm all for thorne again. he is just as solid as doc IMO. i find it strange that EA doesnt have doc calling the game since he is the voice of hockey really.

the 2 choices that will probably happen are an EPIC FAIL if you ask me. matt on the radio is so bland and so slow. cangy calls the redbulls enough said...plus i cant stand to hear SHAAAAAAAAAAAT save for 82 games

I think Matt is ok on the radio, I don't think I can find any video of him calling a game though. I know he had to do a few fill ins. Cangi is THE WORST though. Who makes the call, Devils or MSG?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Gary Thorne! I can't listen to him ever since he kept calling Oleg Tverdovsky by another last name: (Teverdoorsky) and would NOT correct himself. Thorne is a Baltimore Orioles announcer if you didn't know. He had a bit of an unprofessional situation a few years ago when he stated that Curt Schilling's sock from the 2004 playoffs had ketchup on it rather than blood. This guy takes what someone told him (as a joke) and goes on the air with it, as it were true. Don't know who's available but please no Gary Thorne

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No thanks on Gary Thorne! I can't listen to him ever since he kept calling Oleg Tverdovsky by another last name: (Teverdoorsky) and would NOT correct himself. Thorne is a Baltimore Orioles announcer if you didn't know. He had a bit of an unprofessional situation a few years ago when he stated that Curt Schilling's sock from the 2004 playoffs had ketchup on it rather than blood. This guy takes what someone told him (as a joke) and goes on the air with it, as it were true. Don't know who's available but please no Gary Thorne

Everyone knows the bloody sock was a fake.

Devs_Jets_Yanks27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HELL NO!!

He may have been the Devs announcer way back when. But you can clearly hear his bias against them in his inflection & tone.

Listen to his call of the 2000 OT winner vs the Stars in 1999.

He creamed his pants when Borque won the Cup in 2001.

His call in 2003 with time winding down, compared with the calls for Detroit in 97, 98, 02.

Screw him.

I don't remember since I was too young, was he canned by Jersey as the TV PBP announcer, or did he voluntarily leave?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you guys if he is so much as your secondary guy.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay good money to have him announce the Flyers games, damnit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of my favorite Devils memories were called by this guy. He may miss some of the calls sometimes, like the time he claimed Foota scored on Marty in the finals, BUT, he's pretty awesome. Anyone but Cangi. I don't know how I'll be able to watch games with Cangi calling 82 of them.

Me either! That along with how we do during first 2-3 weeks will be the deciding factor of whether I buy the package this year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I got season tickets, that eliminates half. The Rangers games, maybe if they play on versus here or there, the Islanders announcers are just as bad so that's no help. A lot of music getting played during the games.