• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I personally guarantee this series will go better: TEX v DET 7/19-22

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring more to his profile as a player, and yeah he wasn't as "rough" as the players Law was talking about.

I remember being disappointed with the Foscue pick at the time.
I might have been too. I will have to check. But, I didn't have the feelings that I have about the way our 2 through 4 picks panned out. I do have hopes for Zavala though.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Proposal:​

Rays: Joey Gallo
Rangers: Xavier Edwards, Joe Ryan, Ian Seymour

that's 4/10/21 in the Rays Top 30. Edwards is 66 in the MLB top 100.

Edwards is a good piece but he'd have to go to SS I assume. TB has better pitching prospects as well. But the proposal is intriguing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's 4/10/21 in the Rays Top 30. Edwards is 66 in the MLB top 100.

Edwards is a good piece but he'd have to go to SS I assume. TB has better pitching prospects as well. But the proposal is intriguing.
Yeah, whoever we trade I hope the centerpiece that we are getting back is not a middle-infielder.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and checked and last year after the Rangers drafted Foscue, Crawler said he like the pick and my reply was, "I like their strategy."

No one on the board voiced anything bad about the Foscue pick. We all were very surprised about Evan Carter. He definitely would be a rare standout from their strategy, if he indeed develops well.

I did say this about our drafting strategy last year:

"The difference in where Foscue was projected and where he was picked can be explained by a difference of opinion. The other differences can only be explained by being very cheap."

I think the last part of what I said was wrong. They spent their slot money.

And then this from Evan Grant.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Roby was a different kind of pick last year than Carter last year or Cauley and Moller this year.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and checked and last year after the Rangers drafted Foscue, Crawler said he like the pick

He did, yeah, but only because that meant the Rangers showed they were willing to move on from Odor. Which, they did, obviously, but young Crawler is still unsatisfied.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did, yeah, but only because that meant the Rangers showed they were willing to move on from Odor. Which, they did, obviously, but young Crawler is still unsatisfied.
Yep, he quickly mentioned Odor. Lol

"I like this pick actually. I think it’s the rangers organization finally admitting to themselves that Odor is not the long term answer at second base." - Crawler

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he quickly mentioned Odor. Lol

"I like this pick actually. I think it’s the rangers organization finally admitting to themselves that Odor is not the long term answer at second base." - Crawler

I want to know how Odor wronged Crawler. That's some nemesis-level shit going on there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this proposed trade: Atlanta gets Joey the Rangers get Pache and de la cruz

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know how Odor wronged Crawler. That's some nemesis-level shit going on there.
playing Nearly everyday, acting like a leader, wanting to be the Gatorade dumping guy and his production was awful. He played like a double AA player throughout most of the duration of the infamous pony contract. The whole thing was a freaking joke and an epic failure.

he upset and alienated more than half of the rangers fan base.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Foscue Some might say apples to oranges but the Rangers were questioned re that pick. I do remember hoping to ge the Texas pitcher Detroit got who was available 2nd round. But yes slot money is an issue.
So the Pirates got David below slot and then got better players overslot in later rounds.
Just not thinking the org wanted to pass on Leiter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Foscue Some might say apples to oranges but the Rangers were questioned re that pick. I do remember hoping to ge the Texas pitcher Detroit got who was available 2nd round. But yes slot money is an issue.
So the Pirates got David below slot and then got better players overslot in later rounds.
Just not thinking the org wanted to pass on Leiter.
Who questioned them about Foscue? Having a different preference is one thing, but questioning their judgment is another. I cannot recall their judgment being questioned about Foscue.