• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I need help...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My internet blows ass...hard. My computer actually runs pretty good, there's no lagging, it goes from page to page pretty fast...probably takes 2-3 seconds. Downloads do take a while though...

Anyway...on to my problem.

I've always had issues with my internet lagging every so often while playing Battlefield, but I just assumed everyone had that problem. Here lately though it seems to have gotten worse. I keep getting this orange triangle popping up in the top right of my tv screen, and inside the triangle is two disconnected cords. While this triangle is showing up there, I can't move at all...all I can do is sit still and shoot my gun...so you can see how this pisses me off. Almost every time I end up dying because I can't move, but then when the triangle goes away, everything goes back to normal....for a couple minutes at least..until the triangle comes back.

When I go check my internet settings on my ps3, is says my signal strength is 100%, but my Nat type is 3. I heard that it's supposed to be 1 or 2...preferably 2.

I just don't have a clue as to what I can do about it, besides maybe getting a different service, and I really didn't wanna have to do all that BS. I will if I have to though.

edit - I've tried both wired and wireless...it does it on both.

:frown:

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe someone later who knows more about this stuff will chime in.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe someone later who knows more about this stuff will chime in.

Yes, I'm hoping there is an expert lurking among us somewhere that can help me. :lol:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. I found out the problem...my ISP sucks donkey balls. I'm gonna call them and see what speed I'm on, and if it's the highest, I'm switching.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can change your NAT settings in your routers setup page (but you'll need to google some instructions & info so that you don't fuck shit up), usually you enter your IP address in the URL bar in your browser on your PC to access your router.

Could be your router is on it's last leg as well, I had similar problems - got a new router/modem, problem solved.

Do you have DSL or cable? DSL in my area it's just always iffy, where cable seems to be much more consistant and of course faster.

Finally, I suggest you buy an XBOX, because Playstation's network sucks. :becky: My friend who has a PS3 is always having problems with his PS network, and it's not his ISP.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can change your NAT settings in your routers setup page (but you'll need to google some instructions & info so that you don't fuck shit up), usually you enter your IP address in the URL bar in your browser on your PC to access your router.

Could be your router is on it's last leg as well, I had similar problems - got a new router/modem, problem solved.

Do you have DSL or cable? DSL in my area it's just always iffy, where cable seems to be much more consistant and of course faster.

Finally, I suggest you buy an XBOX, because Playstation's network sucks. :becky: My friend who has a PS3 is always having problems with his PS network, and it's not his ISP.

I have DSL...which is shitty...lol. Thanks for the info.

I called my ISP today and they said it looked like something was wrong with my modem. So they're coming out Tuesday to look at it.

I also been trying that Nat type thing you talked about, but it's hard to find anything on my modem, i just get all confused watching someone do it with a completely different set up than mine.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open your NAT.