• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I might be crazy.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Tim Tebow. Now before you rush to judgement, I know it's crazy, but hear me out anyway. Our backup quarterbacks absolutely suck. Dan Orlovsky is trash and Moore's arm but be worse than Tebows even if he has a better delivery. If Matthew Stafford goes down neither of those guys are going to win games for us. They might not not lose games, but I think that's hoping for too much. If our defense is playing good Tebow can win a game. I want the Eagles to cut him and us to pick him up. Start running some zone read with Abdullah. Zone read play action to Calvin. We'd be unstoppable in the red zone.

Also I might have dropped acid before I watched highlights from the Eagles game.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting Tim Tebow is as much about the dissatisfaction with our current backup situation than a vote of confidence in Timmy. I just like the guy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see more of Garret Gilbert. He seems to have everything required to be an NFL QB. Tebow has neither the arm nor the brain to be one.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely could be. I hope so. I just think it's stupid to carry 3 quarterbacks to begin with. Then you have two guys that are basically the same. They are both guys that work hard and are supposedly good clipboard guys. They both have shitty arms and make shitty decisions on the field. If you're going to carry three one should be semi competent and the other should be a project that could pan out. I don't know how much we're paying each of them but I'd rather combine it into one more competent backup.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely could be. I hope so. I just think it's stupid to carry 3 quarterbacks to begin with. Then you have two guys that are basically the same. They are both guys that work hard and are supposedly good clipboard guys. They both have shitty arms and make shitty decisions on the field. If you're going to carry three one should be semi competent and the other should be a project that could pan out. I don't know how much we're paying each of them but I'd rather combine it into one more competent backup.

Yup. Unfortunately, Dan O is Caldwell's guy so if Moore does not beat him he is most likely staying. I like your idea of getting a guy who we still have a chance of winning with and get rid of both and keep Gilbert as a project. My guess is they put Gilbert back on the practice squad. I will be pissed if he gets snatched by another team and we are left with just tweetle dee and tweetle dumb

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Acid makes you see all sorts of things you wouldn't normally see. But it does bring out your biggest concern.

Mine is the large swinging gate in the middle of the defensive line.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Tebow than Dan O or K.Moore. You don't have to be to accurate anyways when you have a guy the size of Megatron. Tate would become non-existent though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Acid makes you see all sorts of things you wouldn't normally see. But it does bring out your biggest concern.

Mine is the large swinging gate in the middle of the defensive line.

No worries. We traded him to Miami. :heh:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 4 QBs and probably 4 other players who I would have play QB before I signed Tim Tebow.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow HAS won a playoff game at QB.

(Kellen Moore vs Dan O isn't really a battle to see who wins. Just a fight to see who's first in line to lose.)

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a guy that is known for outworking anyone. He actually has some upside in specific situations. I honestly think he's better than Dan O. and Kellen Moore. They are hot garbage.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a guy that is known for outworking anyone. He actually has some upside in specific situations. I honestly think he's better than Dan O. and Kellen Moore. They are hot garbage.
I agree with you on this whole thing.

Moore and Orlovski are shitty as shitty gets. Not a person on here could convince me DanO would make another roster. And I really don't see why Moore would either. Staff goes down, we don't win 3 games, imo.

Tebow doesn't have a great arm or even mediocre accuracy, but he's a winner and a worker. Plus, you bring him in as a third QB and maybe somebody can finally convince him to just be a football player. (Plus, is there a guy in the league that's more of Caldwell Character guy?) I'd rather have him playing special teams over some fullback that's smaller and slower than he is. Like Stanton when he was a Sparty.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we put together a petition and start collecting signatures to get Tebow to the Motor City. As Smitty and others have said -- he can't be worse than what we have already. At least it'd make it entertaining if we were going to lose games if Stafford goes down. :)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be opposed to it on a purely talent level- our back-ups don't offer all that much at this juncture (although Orlovsky brings a lot of back-up experience after making a NFL roster every single year for the last ten straight years)- but I wouldn't want the ensuing media circus that is always involved wherever Tebow goes.

Also, his style is so very drastically different than Stafford's that we'd essentially have to install two full offenses- the normal one for Stafford, and a second one for Tebow to run. I do think the guy can win games, he just needs an offense built around, and catered to, his particular skill-set, and our offense simply is not.

Not as crazy of a thought as some would make it seem, though. In fact, I think he'd be an excellent fit in Buffalo right now...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on this whole thing.

Moore and Orlovski are shitty as shitty gets. Not a person on here could convince me DanO would make another roster. And I really don't see why Moore would either. Staff goes down, we don't win 3 games, imo.

Tebow doesn't have a great arm or even mediocre accuracy, but he's a winner and a worker. Plus, you bring him in as a third QB and maybe somebody can finally convince him to just be a football player. (Plus, is there a guy in the league that's more of Caldwell Character guy?) I'd rather have him playing special teams over some fullback that's smaller and slower than he is. Like Stanton when he was a Sparty.

Sitting out a year didn't convince Tebow to be just a football player. He thinks he's an NFL QB. He's garbage as an NFL QB. He has no business on an NFL field without a microphone. He needs to just go away.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we put together a petition and start collecting signatures to get Tebow to the Motor City. As Smitty and others have said -- he can't be worse than what we have already. At least it'd make it entertaining if we were going to lose games if Stafford goes down. :)

Yes and we should submit that petition to ESPN so when he's back covering games, he is sent on location to Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting out a year didn't convince Tebow to be just a football player. He thinks he's an NFL QB. He's garbage as an NFL QB. He has no business on an NFL field without a microphone. He needs to just go away.
He's better than Orlovski.

(And I think he sat out two years. Prolly a roids cleanse. Dudes tiny in comparison now.)

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than Orlovski.

No, he's not. He was better than Orlovsky in college. As TP said, Dan was good enough to make an NFL roster for a decade. Tebow has already missed 2 NFL seasons because he blows. He's a camp body, a gimmick for Chip Kelly. He has no business holding a football again ever in his life he sucks so bad. He has a weak arm, he's inaccurate, he has that slow wind up, and he can't read defenses. There is nothing about him that says he has any business playing NFL QB. It would be really sad to watch if he wasn't doing it to himself.