• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I keep mentioning Yahoo having some blockbuster stuff they are sitting on, well...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. As of now that's what it appears.

Im out, got a board meeting tomorrow and a job interview to find a new employee or two. I am going to be out of it the whole day, but who cares they cant fire me. Its GOOD to the the KING.:yahoo:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im out, got a board meeting tomorrow and a job interview to find a new employee or two. I am going to be out of it the whole day, but who cares they cant fire me. Its GOOD to the the KING.:yahoo:

Funny, I've been entertaining job offers this week.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was told about this, as I mentioned, four or five teams were named.

Alabama and Tennessee, I told you all about. The other teams were Mississippi, and an ACC team, and another team that the guy told me was "down south" but that's all he said.

He may have meant Mississippi State when he said Mississippi or I misheard, but lets be honest, would anyone be shocked if Ole Miss was doing shady stuff? As far as the ACC team, he told me it was not UNC. That was a totally different deal and we all knew about that, but it was a significant player. He wouldn't flat deny it was Virginia Tech but I got the impression it was t when I asked about it. He wouldn't say for sure though. I will email the guy today.

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was told about this, as I mentioned, four or five teams were named.

Alabama and Tennessee, I told you all about. The other teams were Mississippi, and an ACC team, and another team that the guy told me was "down south" but that's all he said.

He may have meant Mississippi State when he said Mississippi or I misheard, but lets be honest, would anyone be shocked if Ole Miss was doing shady stuff? As far as the ACC team, he told me it was not UNC. That was a totally different deal and we all knew about that, but it was a significant player. He wouldn't flat deny it was Virginia Tech but I got the impression it was t when I asked about it. He wouldn't say for sure though. I will email the guy today.

2 years ago Alabama wasn't even part of it.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddammit! I can't concentrate on anything but this now...FUCK!! :gaah:

I wish I'd never got on the fuckin internet tonight!! Not gonna be able to sleep..

Well at least I didn't find out till this morning:wtf2::omg::doh::gaah:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the whole story.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is this too.

Wetzel makes some good points in his story (though he would kill a PAC or B1G program for the same thing. Kids coming from zippy are not going to turn stuff like this down and it is hard to judge them for that. Maybe the rules DO need to be changed, but until they do, I want to see programs playing on as level of a playing field as possible, so enforce the rules or get rid of them.

I think we are moving toward the latter and the big time programs will leave the NCAA in the dust in the next decade anyway.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is this too.

Wetzel makes some good points in his story (though he would kill a PAC or B1G program for the same thing. Kids coming from zippy are not going to turn stuff like this down and it is hard to judge them for that. Maybe the rules DO need to be changed, but until they do, I want to see programs playing on as level of a playing field as possible, so enforce the rules or get rid of them.

I think we are moving toward the latter and the big time programs will leave the NCAA in the dust in the next decade anyway.

I keep hearing talk of this, but no action. I would like to think at some point the NCAA folds because NOBODY has faith that they can impart rules or even enforce them. Their uneven application of rules and punishment for rule breakers is laughable.

We talk about kids breaking rules, but nobody ever complains about the corrupt system that breeds rule breakers. We really need to come up with a new governing body with more realistic rules that don't look like an abridged dictionary that is impossible to comply with.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, yahoo and especially Charles Robinson are giving a clinic on how to actually do investigative journals right as the minor league SI story comes out. Robinson has an immense future as long as he steers clear of the big wigs with vested interest in programs. Kudos to him.

My story, now here is itemized and cross referenced proof of all I say. Tune in next time. = how it's done!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, yahoo and especially Charles Robinson are giving a clinic on how to actually do investigative journals right as the minor league SI story comes out. Robinson has an immense future as long as he steers clear of the big wigs with vested interest in programs. Kudos to him.

My story, now here is itemized and cross referenced proof of all I say. Tune in next time. = how it's done!

I really don't understand the SI article. Why is Sports Illustrated willing to ruin their reputation by publishing it? Do they think that their readers won't care, or won't know that the article is a complete sham? It's completely ridiculous.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the SI article. Why is Sports Illustrated willing to ruin their reputation by publishing it? Do they think that their readers won't care, or won't know that the article is a complete sham? It's completely ridiculous.

The MINUTE I saw Thayer Evans was involved, I knew it was a joke. Now his "sources' are getting picked apart and his 'interviews' are being questioned because, as usual, that guy didn't do his do diligence. HOW he keeps getting jobs is something I'll never understand, as everyone in print media knows that guy does not vet his sources properly. He's basically unprofessional.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff just isn't surprising anymore. I don't believe a team can compete at the top level in todays game without cheating. Theres a lot of cheating going on. I believe the better a team is, the more cheating there is. Doesn't matter what conference either. I'm pretty sure it's at epidemic levels in college football.

What will surprise me is if the NCAA actually does something about it.

They will find a way to ignore it. At most a slap on the wrist.

Wait and see.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again. Where was the evidence Johnny took money? Didn't have it.

This evidence has been posted and verified for the world to see.

It is a slam dunk for the NCAA as they already have verified admission of the wrong doings.

Mamba, you and I both know how that plays out. The evidence is there and is being "sat" on for the moment. He will go pro, and within a year or two after the proof will magically appear. Typical protocol here.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont see if it happening as the NCAA has way too many problems right now. They are on shaky ground and lots of infighting going on. Hell they may decide not to even worry about any of this due to a lack of staff to investigate all of them and trying to fend off USC and Miami currently. they are gonna get fucked by one or both and Alabama may choose to deny any of it ever happened and take their chances the NCAA wont push too hard. I dont see that happening as i see Saban and Battle getting to the bottom of this and reporting it to the NCAA to try and gain favor hoping for a favorable NCAA ruling due to immense cooperation. This is what i foresee happening if this is infact true.

This is exactly why so many people dislike the SEC... We are going to cheat; Everyone knows we are going to cheat; But we ask that you do as little investigating as possible and turn a blind eye; Yet if anything should fall in your lap showing what we have been doing, we will deny it; If that doesn't work then we want you to cooperate with us in finding a way to not punish us.

I don't like baseball/football players who use HGH. I don't like people who fib at their golf score. I don't like schools who have paid athletes. The appropriate response to this would be something like "Well this sucks. This is wrong. Punishment should be heading our way and we need to clean this shit up, etc..." Or something to that effect. Not "Well let's deny that it happened, or if not, then find some other way to scam the system."

In all fairness, many of the concerned SEC fans on here have responded in that way. Hat's off there. But for the others, the reason this keeps happening is because certain teams are allowed to scam the system. What is the incentive to stop?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why so many people dislike the SEC... We are going to cheat; Everyone knows we are going to cheat; But we ask that you do as little investigating as possible and turn a blind eye; Yet if anything should fall in your lap showing what we have been doing, we will deny it; If that doesn't work then we want you to cooperate with us in finding a way to not punish us.

Except that in this particular case, it appears that one Alabama football player cheated without the knowledge of his coaches or teammates, vice the team. So the "we are going to cheat," piece just doesn't fit at all in this case. Its rather a case of one short-sighted young man who decided to do what was wrong, and four others (NFL agents and a stupid Bama grad) who should go to prison and be sued for everything they have - for steering that young man down the wrong path.

Unfortunately, we can see Bama having to vacate a lot of wins and possibly the last two national championships, if the player in question is found to have been receiving money during the time period in which games were being played. An ineligible player is still an ineligible player, even if he is so retroactively for being short-sighted or stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: