• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just lost respect for Kirk Herbstreit

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell considering Ohio State is more than likely left out.....I'm all for it if it leads to some reform in the playoff structure
^^^

This

Alabama
ND
Clemson
OU
Ohio State
Washington
UCF

Now THAT is a playoff worth lookin at...

Also, remember dumb comments like he just made the next time you see people giving a sh*t about what this "expert" says on pre season rankings, game predictions ect.

what a dipstick

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that same comment back in 2008.. how'd that work out for OU when they met a real defense?

So a game 10 years ago means more than basically this same offense against a top 5 Georgia defense less than a year ago? Did you watch that game?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia should have won that game

Maybe, I don't think so, but in either case, we still lost.

We ran the ball well, we passed the ball excellent, we forced Tua to have the worst game of his career, we won the turnover battle, and Bama shot themselves in the foot a few times and it still wasn't enough. Bama got the lucky bounces(3 fumbles, none for turnovers) and were the fresher team in the 4th quarter.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, I don't think so, but in either case, we still lost.

We ran the ball well, we passed the ball excellent, we forced Tua to have the worst game of his career, we won the turnover battle, and Bama shot themselves in the foot a few times and it still wasn't enough. Bama got the lucky bounces(3 fumbles, none for turnovers) and were the fresher team in the 4th quarter.

The three fumbles were lucky but Georgia let that one slip. I do think they could win if they played again.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a game 10 years ago means more than basically this same offense against a top 5 Georgia defense less than a year ago? Did you watch that game?
I did.. and OU has no kinda defense . and to quote The Ole Ball coach "I don't care how good your qb is, he can't throw laying flat on his back" Which is what would happen when faced with a defense like UGAs.. OUs oline isn't equipped

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did.. and OU has no kinda defense . and to quote The Ole Ball coach "I don't care how good your qb is, he can't throw laying flat on his back" Which is what would happen when faced with a defense like UGAs.. OUs oline isn't equipped

I’ll give you the defense isnt all that. But OU o-line is a lot better than you think. It’s the same o-line that went to OT with GA last year. Murray will wear down the blitz he is too quick.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give you the defense isnt all that. But OU o-line is a lot better than you think. It’s the same o-line that went to OT with GA last year. Murray will wear down the blitz he is too quick.
I say lettem play and see what happens.. i don't really have a dog in this fight.. i'm so damn happy with my team's performance this year that nothing is gonna bother me.. and i'm hopeful for a better year next. . and maybe back into this kind of talk about my team being IN:suds:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmao, you contradict yourself all over the place. OU has the best o line in the country, period. I’m not saying they will Win but last year showed they more than belong.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, you contradict yourself all over the place. OU has the best o line in the country, period. I’m not saying they will Win but last year showed they more than belong.
See my last post.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

This

Alabama
ND
Clemson
OU
Ohio State
Washington
UCF

Now THAT is a playoff worth lookin at...

Also, remember dumb comments like he just made the next time you see people giving a sh*t about what this "expert" says on pre season rankings, game predictions ect.

what a dipstick
Yeah, no. :L

This year is the poster child for why any type of playoff that uses conf champions to seed it is badly flawed. UW doesn't belong in any type of playoff, even if you expanded it to 8 or 12. The Pac was pure garbage this year and should have their P5 washroom privileges revoked.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it the same o-line that let your bitch QB get knocked around like a pinball in the second half of the Rose Bowl last season?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better look at OUs record against Bama and the SEC is all I can tell you. It’s one sided.

You mean the last meeting in a meaningless sugar bowl game? Or back when Oklahoma actually had a good defense?

Lol. You think OU can stop Bama?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no. :L

This year is the poster child for why any type of playoff that uses conf champions to seed it is badly flawed. UW doesn't belong in any type of playoff, even if you expanded it to 8 or 12. The Pac was pure garbage this year and should have their P5 washroom privileges revoked.

the teams get several weeks to prep before the games begin, anything can happen, that's been proven time n time again.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the committee Is just tired of the UCF crying and actually puts them in the playoff.

UCF or OU. Same result as the #4 seed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the teams get several weeks to prep before the games begin, anything can happen, that's been proven time n time again.
I'm not saying UW couldn't win a game in a playoff. Upsets happen all the time, more or less UW has a very solid defense and some pieces that can do damage. I'm saying after losing 3 games and looking lost on offense for much of the year they don't deserve that chance to see if they can make headway in a playoff.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the last meeting in a meaningless sugar bowl game? Or back when Oklahoma actually had a good defense?

Lol. You think OU can stop Bama?
:noidea:

We will boatrace any team, hence our only loss of the season coming to our rival in the last 16 seconds on a fieldgoal kick.

The defense is good for one quarter of every game and has a weird knack of getting turnovers/key plays when shitting the bed the vast majority of the game.

Vegas put out any lines on possible matchups yet?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just said UGA should move UP to number 3, ND to 4.

This guy is out of his mind

Moving up is dumb. But it does beg the question — what is more impressive? Losing on a last minute TD to Bama or winning a close game against Texas?

If you watched the two teams play yesterday — who do you think is the better team?

Also — how bad is Brown’s injury for OU? If he is out for the CFP — OU is not the same offense.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three fumbles were lucky but Georgia let that one slip. I do think they could win if they played again.

One thing noone is mentioning is that Bama being matched against UGA in the CFP is the wrong thing to do to Bama. I know, noone is going to cry for Bama.

As far as I'm concerned, Bama beat UGA in a quasi play in game for UGA. Why should Bama be forced to play them again in the CFP? If UGA gets in, it would be as the #4 and that would force Bama to beat them in back to back games. UGA had their chance and didn't get the job done. Give someone else the chance.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

We will boatrace any team, hence our only loss of the season coming to our rival in the last 16 seconds on a fieldgoal kick.

The defense is good for one quarter of every game and has a weird knack of getting turnovers/key plays when shitting the bed the vast majority of the game.

Vegas put out any lines on possible matchups yet?

Oklahoma was a -14.5 point underdog to Alabama when they first put the futures line out a month or so ago.

If Brown is out — I’d wager it goes even higher.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing noone is mentioning is that Bama being matched against UGA in the CFP is the wrong thing to do to Bama. I know, noone is going to cry for Bama.

As far as I'm concerned, Bama beat UGA in a quasi play in game for UGA. Why should Bama be forced to play them again in the CFP? If UGA gets in, it would be as the #4 and that would force Bama to beat them in back to back games. UGA had their chance and didn't get the job done. Give someone else the chance.

Then it wouldn’t be the best 4 teams, it be the best 4 teams who haven’t played each other yet?!?

Whether they have or haven’t played each other should have no bearing IF, as the committee has said, they want to put the 4 best teams.

Honestly — in the next few years — Bama and Georgia with the way they’ve recruited will almost assuredly become top 5 teams every year. So because they will face each other almost yearly, it’d leave out one or the other.