• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just don't understand

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is still taking big shots and looking for them at every opportunity. It takes very little intelligence to figure out that they need to keep the O on the field and not put the game out there for the D to lose. It just boggles my mind that he takes deep shot after deep shot instead of taking the first downs.

Take a look, leaving the D on the field for 70 plays is a guaranteed loss...and he keeps putting them out there with the stupid big play mentality...

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is still taking big shots and looking for them at every opportunity. It takes very little intelligence to figure out that they need to keep the O on the field and not put the game out there for the D to lose. It just boggles my mind that he takes deep shot after deep shot instead of taking the first downs.

Take a look, leaving the D on the field for 70 plays is a guaranteed loss...and he keeps putting them out there with the stupid big play mentality...

I was yelling at the TV,”GET RID OF THE BALL!!!” He’s a big reason they suck on 3rd down although they were a lil better today at 7-13.

The D played fairly well today but they’re horrible against the run this year. That Alexander kid looks like he will be a player in GB for years to come. Nice to see them win but Atlanta isn’t good this year and they’re not helping themselves in the draft.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice win for Joe Philbin.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young receivers play into that as well. He's used to having vets that can break off route and come back to the ball pretty much his entire career.

I think another summer will do wonders for MVS and ESB.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young receivers play into that as well. He's used to having vets that can break off route and come back to the ball pretty much his entire career.

I think another summer will do wonders for MVS and ESB.

Agreed, but he looks downfield for the homerun more than dumping it off for the first down too often. Play calling should help with that as well.

Reactions: DUB

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know GB has injures on the OL but one of the biggest differences I see between GB and everybody else they play is opposing teams get pressure rushing 4 and GB for the most part, doesn’t.

If that doesn’t get fixed next year they won’t be any better.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know GB has injures on the OL but one of the biggest differences I see between GB and everybody else they play is opposing teams get pressure rushing 4 and GB for the most part, doesn’t.

If that doesn’t get fixed next year they won’t be any better.

That's one of their many issues. They tackle like shit, lots of throwing a shoulder instead of wrapping up and making a tackle. They play 2 DL and get them hurt on just about every game, it also makes them very bad at run D, or at least not as good as they should be. Their inside LBs react slow as hell, and aren't fast enough to close on short passes. Their DBs take bad angles too often, then throw shoulders or try to trip up the ball carrier...and the list goes on and on for the D.

On O, they tend to try run plays that are cute instead of running at the other team. They keep going for the deep ball on 3rd and short or medium. Jimmy Graham has not been the middle of the field threat they thought he'd be, yes he has a bad hand, but still. They have constantly tried to be cute with the snap count. I'm not sure they run their passing O more often than Rodgers tries to extend plays to go deep. They don't use their O to protect their D, which is really the biggest reason they lose games. They keep leaving the D on the field to play 60 to 80 plays, and there isn't a D I'm aware of that can do that. Honestly, I'm not really sure they have an actual plan other than trying to get the other team to jump offsides and have Rodgers extend plays to go deep.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of their many issues. They tackle like shit, lots of throwing a shoulder instead of wrapping up and making a tackle. They play 2 DL and get them hurt on just about every game, it also makes them very bad at run D, or at least not as good as they should be. Their inside LBs react slow as hell, and aren't fast enough to close on short passes. Their DBs take bad angles too often, then throw shoulders or try to trip up the ball carrier...and the list goes on and on for the D.

On O, they tend to try run plays that are cute instead of running at the other team. They keep going for the deep ball on 3rd and short or medium. Jimmy Graham has not been the middle of the field threat they thought he'd be, yes he has a bad hand, but still. They have constantly tried to be cute with the snap count. I'm not sure they run their passing O more often than Rodgers tries to extend plays to go deep. They don't use their O to protect their D, which is really the biggest reason they lose games. They keep leaving the D on the field to play 60 to 80 plays, and there isn't a D I'm aware of that can do that. Honestly, I'm not really sure they have an actual plan other than trying to get the other team to jump offsides and have Rodgers extend plays to go deep.

That’s another huge issue. Both the offense and defense are horrible on 3rd down.