• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just "blindbaby'd" the board

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once "Trollerbladed" the Swamp board post-move so that it was just picture after picture of that guy on his Rollerblades from threads he had started. Some didn't like it, but I thought it was fucking hilarious.

In the earlier days of the swamp (circa 2000-2001) there was a way of "spoofing" peoples screen names by using an alt that was pretty much an exact replica as the original.

This worked great when ESPN had a live chat room and with the push of a button, I could have anyone post something from how they spent the evening rimming their cat, or, how they were benefiting from drinking their own urine.

It took about 3 months of people complaining before ESPN fixed the bug.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
'tumor' used to do that as well.
put patterns up on the entire board.

weird kid.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the earlier days of the swamp (circa 2000-2001) there was a way of "spoofing" peoples screen names by using an alt that was pretty much an exact replica as the original.

This worked great when ESPN had a live chat room and with the push of a button, I could have anyone post something from how they spent the evening rimming their cat, or, how they were benefiting from drinking their own urine.

It took about 3 months of people complaining before ESPN fixed the bug.

you had a lot of free time, eh?

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of characters from the swamp; everyone remember CrazyGeorge? Well turns out his sister-in law (whom he was visiting) lives about 10 miles from me so he tells me he's coming up this way (8 years ago) and can he meet me in a pub or something. I'm like no problem, they're showing the World Cup of hockey at the local neighbourhood pub; see ya there.

Anyways, this guy walks into the pub wearing a white suit; about 65 years old (actually 66) and I'm like, "no way"; that's CG?. He sees me and knows who I am from the description I gave him. So he wanders over to my table and says you're Scott (blindbaby), I'm like, yes, so he sits down, orders up about 8 beers (4 each), then says, "check out my car" outside. I hop in his Corvette and he instantly pulls out a vile of cocaine; we did about 3 lines before we checked back into the pub.

Next, he wants to check out the strip club, so a few more lines later, we're in there and he's hooting and hollering at the chicks. We shut that place down, head over to some friends and of course it's a cocaine run of which he insisted on paying for everything (as well as the fact he wouldn't let me buy so much as a round).

Anyhoo, it's about 5am so I let him crash on my couch; the next day, he took off back to WA state.

I guess the point of this is that over at the swamp he was considered a real fucking prick and a maroon, BUT, the guy in person was/is a real sincere, honest, fun, old dude; not to mention, he can party like a rock star.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wow. that's surprising.
he was flat out bonkers on the board. makes the top 3 biggest idiots list, which was quite a feat..

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, gotcha. Forgot about him. Speaking of baiters, has CenterHice ever posted here?

ahhh, centerhice. I kinda miss that old, grumpy bastard. Because of him, to this day I still yell at the TV and my son when they say a player went 'offsides'
instead of 'offside', heh.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still talk to Steph aka hockeychick_43 regularly, for those who remember her.

Talking to her on the phone was a trip, you can tell she's a southern gal, lol. She sounds like a 10 year old hillbilly..

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I still talk to Steph aka hockeychick_43 regularly, for those who remember her.

Talking to her on the phone was a trip, you can tell she's a southern gal, lol. She sounds like a 10 year old hillbilly..

was that the teacher from - Georgia ? -
i could be thinking of someone else.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder whatever happened to PuckPrincess33, she was a Bruins fan, but also a big fan of Patrick Roy (I could never quite wrap my head around that).

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, centerhice. I kinda miss that old, grumpy bastard. Because of him, to this day I still yell at the TV and my son when they say a player went 'offsides'
instead of 'offside', heh.

I remember him telling about how he was constantly throwing TV sets out the window; almost like it was a weekly occurrence.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him telling about how he was constantly throwing TV sets out the window; almost like it was a weekly occurrence.

Yeah, I remember that as well (lol) - Didn't he also postpone a wedding or refuse to go to a wedding because it was the same day as a NHL playoff game involving the Wings?

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ShawnRocker on that list, puck?

I know he gets a lot of hate - deservedly so - but his schtick about being a CP rail worker (CDelorme?)was priceless; assuming of course it was his alt. Also, not sure if it was rocker, but who can forget the dentist.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost 100% certain that ShawnRocker is Jack Lypka on twitter (if you r so inclined to checkin on our former resident tard) ... he chirps local sports guys alot