• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the Pens beat the Habs...

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not just beat them, but beat them in 5 or 6 and not even be close. As a Caps fan, I can't root for the Pens. But if the Pens were to lose or even go 7 games with the Habs the Caps would think that they really don't need to do anything because "the Pens lost to the Habs too". And that would be horse shit. Semin, Green and Flash shouldn't be let off the hook becuase of another teams success/failure against the same team

Okay, thats it I'll get down off my soapbox

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i doubt the canadiens and pens series has anything to do with what the caps will do. face it the caps completely outplayed the canadiens and halak stole 3 games. i do think the caps need some bigger guys to put in front of the net like knuble. for us knuble was always in front of the net although on the caps he was not there as often. they are going to have trouble improving since they need to re sign backstrom which is why like you said they might need to get rid of semin or green which would give them great value in return.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to change my mind....

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not just beat them, but beat them in 5 or 6 and not even be close. As a Caps fan, I can't root for the Pens. But if the Pens were to lose or even go 7 games with the Habs the Caps would think that they really don't need to do anything because "the Pens lost to the Habs too". And that would be horse shit. Semin, Green and Flash shouldn't be let off the hook becuase of another teams success/failure against the same team

Okay, thats it I'll get down off my soapbox

soapbox.gif

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Under NO circumstances does a tried and true Caps fan EVER root for the Pens.

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i doubt the canadiens and pens series has anything to do with what the caps will do. face it the caps completely outplayed the canadiens and halak stole 3 games. i do think the caps need some bigger guys to put in front of the net like knuble. for us knuble was always in front of the net although on the caps he was not there as often. they are going to have trouble improving since they need to re sign backstrom which is why like you said they might need to get rid of semin or green which would give them great value in return.
How much bigger Capitals can get? They already are one of the biggest team in the league. They just need to learn to play to their size. A bit of luck would be helpful too.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
read my post why don't you

I read your post, and while I can see your point, I really don't think the Caps will be making any decisions based on who wins/loses, going forward- At least they'd better not be!

The Pens aren't the same as they were last year. Something is missing.. maybe an intangible like hunger, focus, and or drive, but make no mistake, this Pens team won't be winning the cup. They may make it out of the East, but I really think the West is going to take it this year SJ, or Vancouver.

The Pens have owned the Caps forever. The Caps have had very little bragging rights over the years with Pens fans. Pens fans are, for the most part, pretty arrogant, and think their team is this budding dynasty.

No chance, no way I ever root for the Pens

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with Roolz here, Ritari. First off, f#$# ever rooting for the Pens. Second, the Caps went out in the first round - that remains the same either way and I think they need tweaks and improvement, not wholesale change. That's just my opinion. I think the glaring issues with Green and some issues with how they score will be addressed either way. But again, I don't think there are major problems here. I think it was one bad series and guys who are not coming through in the clutch need to step it up or get out of dodge.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but make no mistake, this Pens team won't be winning the cup. They may make it out of the East, but I really think the West is going to take it this year SJ, or Vancouver.

Hopefully this prediction is as accurate as your "Caps are knocking the Pens out this season" one was.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Caps Pens "rivalry" Can't really be looked at the same from both sides. Pens fans have never really had their heart ripped out by the Caps like the Caps have had the Pens do to them.. I didn't just jump on the Caps bandwagon. I remember like yesterday the All of the series from the 90s- the 4 OT game loss, and subsequent series losses that mounted up over the years.

Talk about a one sided rivalry. Of course Caps fans HAVE to be thrilled every time the Pens lose.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hopefully this prediction is as accurate as your "Caps are knocking the Pens out this season" one was.

LOL.. M-k. Just in the mood for making shit up this morning? I don't talk shit that leaves the door open to have it thrown back in my face.

The Pens have a knack for getting themselves in trouble, but, so far, have come out golden on the other side. They step up when they need to.

I just don't think they're as hungry this year as they were last year, and think sooner or later, they're going to reach for that next gear, and it's not going to be there.

I never once claimed the Caps would be knocking the Pens out. I've been excited about my team many times the last couple seasons, but never actually let myself get to the point where I really expected too much from them.

The only thing I expected from the Caps was making it past the first round, and they couldn't even get that done.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"where they advance by beating the Pens in 5, 4 games to 1. They'd then face who from the West?"

Link

Post 17

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"where they advance by beating the Pens in 5, 4 games to 1. They'd then face who from the West?"

Link

Post 17

Wow nice job. That was 2 months ago, and I was shocked when i just saw it. I'm an idiot for saying that, for sure, knowing the Caps have let me down every other time I've ever gotten really excited about them.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, that's the thread where I picked up my 'arrogant' label.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I never said I am rooting for the Pens. In fact, I literally said "As a Caps fan, I can't root for the Pens."

2. I am not saying I want the Pens to win the cup or anything like that. I just want the to make sure GMGM's eyes are open and he needs to do something and can't just stay with the same style of play and expect to do much beter. He probibly knows that he has to do something with green and/or semin, but you don't ever know for sure with McPhee.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. I never said I am rooting for the Pens. In fact, I literally said "As a Caps fan, I can't root for the Pens."

2. I am not saying I want the Pens to win the cup or anything like that. I just want the to make sure GMGM's eyes are open and he needs to do something and can't just stay with the same style of play and expect to do much beter. He probibly knows that he has to do something with green and/or semin, but you don't ever know for sure with McPhee.

well, as a Caps fan, you did say, in the title thread, I want the pens to beat the Habs. All that does is make the Caps look worse than they already do.

I honestly don't know what changes need to be made, if any. Obviously the Caps were destined for the fate they arrived at. I won't be mad if everything stays the same, or if a whole new coaching staff is brought in, and Semin and Green are both traded.

The irony of all this is that the defense and goal tending ultimately wasn't the problem. In the end, the Caps couldn't score. Who could have predicted that?