• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have no idea what to expect from this team in the playoffs

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to think our D can carry us all the way, but watching them get torched the last couple weeks, I'm not sure. Kap's inconsistency scares the crap out of me.

Aldon, where the hell did you go? Without a decent pass rush, I think our chances are small.....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will be fine. Tough match up but we own Rogers. GB has a very bad D and no Oline.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. We have had a lot of inconsistencies lately. We've been inconsistent as a whole and a lot of our individual players have been up and down. The coaching at times seems to get the job done and then others, gets extremely predictable or questionable calls.

Tough to say whats going to show up. The sky is limit for this team though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys we went 12-4. chill out. things will be fine.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass Rush needs Sacks vs GB... no ifs or buts... they need to bring Rodgers down often as possible... if we can get between 5-7 sacks, its alot for us apparently, we should be good....

but break through a god damn OL for gods sake!

Aldon, Brooks, Justin, Ray(ya, i've been watching you too)... get to the damn QB....

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Posted this in the other thread, figured id post it here too...

It seems like we have rotated our d line/pass rushers more this year than in recent years. Guys like Jerod-Eddie, Dobbs, skuta etc. have been giving relief to our studs. I was wondering if this might explain some of our lack of pass rush. Once the playoffs start we may shorten the rotations and give more opportunities to Brooks, Aldon, J Smith etc. to get after the passer. I know more snaps means more fatigue, but I think in the playoffs, with everything on the line, the more chances for our studs to rush the qb, the better.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems every game we've beaten the packers, we've gotten a lot of pressure on Rodgers. I hope i see more of the same, but......

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to think our D can carry us all the way, but watching them get torched the last couple weeks, I'm not sure. Kap's inconsistency scares the crap out of me.

Aldon, where the hell did you go? Without a decent pass rush, I think our chances are small.....

I agree. The last two games, the pass rush has been virtually nonexistent. Only two sacks and one of them coming on a blitz. That wont get it done in the playoffs!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a successful SB run. It's our time.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll I have expected a lot the last couple years and we have come up short. Maybe this will be the year.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Kaep who's showed today six weeks

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaps got no excuses now. The WR corp is playing really well right now, plus he has VD. Put up or shut up.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has played well over this 6 game winning streak, how many turnovers does he have in the last 6 games?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sky isn't falling
. SF only gave up 21+ points 5 times the entire season, and is averaging 15.4 points against since week 7.

Arizona's D is good to the point of masking how terrible their offense is. They scored the same amount as they did when the teams played in SF.

Atlanta has a good offense. Their problems are mostly on the defensive side.

Tampa Bay, Seattle, and St Louis didn't torch shit. During that 4 game span SF gave up an average of 14.6 points.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sky isn't falling
. SF only gave up 21+ points 5 times the entire season, and is averaging 15.4 points against since week 7.

Arizona's D is good to the point of masking how terrible their offense is. They scored the same amount as they did when the teams played in SF.

Atlanta has a good offense. Their problems are mostly on the defensive side.

Tampa Bay, Seattle, and St Louis didn't torch shit. During that 4 game span SF gave up an average of 14.6 points.

typo. Meant 3 game span.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The defense I'm not overly worried about.

I would like to see them play better but they've kept scores very manageable and it's not like we're getting torched out there.

Fangio needs to throw in a few wrinkles for the playoff run though as the past 2 games Ryan and Palmer both were consistently finding soft spots in coverage and I get tired seeing completed catches with 2 or 3 people in the area.

The offense does concern me mainly because of Roman and his play calling has been disappointing. Which I can't figure out what happened because in the first 2 seasons under him I thought the offense did a fantastic job of analyzing and coming up with game plans that exploited defenses but this year it seems like we're being read like a book by defenses. I mean seriously how many 3 and 1s do we have to blow before he realizes that running it up the gut isn't the best idea when defenses are throwing everybody they have to clog the middle.

My glimmer of hope is that for that brief moment early in the game yesterday we saw the 9ers offense of old where they were actively exploiting a flaw in the Card's defense and keeping them off balance.

Kap is a concern but I always felt it starts up top and if the play calling and schemed improves that things would fall into place with Kap and the rest of the offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we have been hiding our hand during the regular season...i hope the offense goes all in these playoffs getting patton and lamichael involved on the edges and getting back to the pistol kaep and playaction deep seems to vernon. Our D will have us in any game. Heres to a great playoff run!!!!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd just picked the 49ers to win the Super Bowl- sure hope he's right! Won 6 straight games and were 4 points away from winning 13 straight.

Last edited by a moderator: