• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate the new NFL

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even in the Playoffs, teams are just lobbing the ball deep to WRs and Hoping for pass interference. I hate it. Give the defender a chance. That should only be called in extreme cases. This gives the refs way too much control over the outcome of a game and it sucks. If I play the Eagles, I'd throw long three times on every series.

I also hate the tick tacky roughing the passer and illegal contact calls. The penalties are too severe and one play can influence the outcome of the game.

Seriously, a ten yard holding penalty is one thing, but pass interference on a 45 yard pass is too much and it's ruining the game. :gaah:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing... I want my fucking draft parties on Saturday back!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even in the Playoffs, teams are just lobbing the ball deep to WRs and Hoping for pass interference. I hate it. Give the defender a chance. That should only be called in extreme cases. This gives the refs way too much control over the outcome of a game and it sucks. If I play the Eagles, I'd throw long three times on every series.

I also hate the tick tacky roughing the passer and illegal contact calls. The penalties are too severe and one play can influence the outcome of the game.

Seriously, a ten yard holding penalty is one thing, but pass interference on a 45 yard pass is too much and it's ruining the game. :gaah:
Fantasy football changed the game.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should penalize PI the way college rules do. Give them a 15 yard penalty, not a ridiculous 40-50+ penalty.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I hate is the "illegal contact" crap ... it's just too ticky tac. If a DB grabs or holds the receiver then by all means throw the flag, but I don't think the DB should be flagged for some hand fighting. If the receiver is good he can still produce without being giftwrapped calls.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%. Goodell is making the owners Billions$ now but if allowed to continue will hurt the game if not kill it.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is never going to die.

"Too big to fail..." I think is the right quote.

Records are definitely going to continue to fall however. Until defensive players start becoming as athletic and well paid as the offense it's going to keep turning towards arena league and flag football.

I just wish the refs would be consistent and toned back a bit, but offense is what sells and it's going to keep on selling.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Ravens game this week. No one is better at drawing PIs than Flacco and his receivers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is never going to die.

"Too big to fail..." I think is the right quote.

Records are definitely going to continue to fall however. Until defensive players start becoming as athletic and well paid as the offense it's going to keep turning towards arena league and flag football.

I just wish the refs would be consistent and toned back a bit, but offense is what sells and it's going to keep on selling.

Historically DEF players HAVE been more athletic than OFC players...particularly DL & LBs...what has changed in the last decade...WRs/TEs have gotten much bigger and faster and CBs have only just started to reach 6'...couple that with the rule changes the brakes have been put DEFs effectiveness...basically what you said...OFC sells.

As CBs start to make more money, we'll see more 6'+ guys that play WR now start playing CB in CFB and eventually in the NFL.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should penalize PI the way college rules do. Give them a 15 yard penalty, not a ridiculous 40-50+ penalty.

Exactly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you'll never have a deep play in some situations. Just tackle the guy and give up the 15 yards instead of the 60 and the touchdown.