• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't understand the questioning......

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I am one of the few I guess that think the Giants did a smart thing.
The dumb thing was them signing him last year in the 1st place.
Not much forward thinking there.

but they can look at it with dead cap space & guaranteed money, they bought a 1st & a 3rd & a pretty decent safety.

You're so spot on with your comments that... well... I think we should have sex.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so spot on with your comments that... well... I think we should have sex.
Ummm... Well.......
uh-oh.gif

GranularHideousLarva-small.gif

giphy.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, aside from losing their best pass rusher, best defensive back, and best WR, and not having a QB in place for the future, they're fine. As long as they hit on every draft pick the next two years, they'll be right in the mix in 2021.
How did that organization steal two SBs from NE I will never understand.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Excellent move for the Giants

*the offense had better production in the 5 games OBJ missed this year
*the offense will now run through Barkley
*name the last Super Bowl winning team that had a top 5 or even a top 10 WR

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Denver Broncos 3 years ago - Demaryius Thomas, 7th in the NFL in receiving. Also had Emmanuel Sanders at 15th.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the Giants.

I mean they got an incredible offer and they had to pull the trigger.
They are in rebuild mold and everyone knows that.
And lets be honest Odell was a straight up circus show.

I don't get why the media is questioning this move?
Well, if they would have pulled their heads from their backsides last year and used that Barkley pick on a young QB, and embraced the rebuild last year it would have made a ton more sense. Now they have 21 mil of dead money in a guy who is gone, a young stud RB who will see 10 in the box because their over the hill QB can't throw it accurately beyond 15 yards and no one to throw to anyway!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!

Here is the little something everyone keeps forgetting when they gave him that contract,
He came out and admitted when he signed he need to grow up and be a leader ( Odel said this)
and at the end of the day he didn't you cut bait, you eat that cap and move on from the pain in the while collecting more draft stock for the guy.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are waving the white flag on 2019 while trying to turn around an Aircraft Carrier without making waves while trying to avoid running the ship into land. But none of it seems to make sense with Eli still at QB. That may change very soon but the plan is very murky to everybody but
Gettleman.
We shall see

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the we can all agree that the biggest problem the Giants have had for quite some time is not getting a QB and preparing that QB to take over for Eli. Really for at least 5 years if not more. You could line up 3 Odells across the field and Eli won't get them the ball.Hell, maybe their biggest high lite in the passing game last season was Odell throwing the ball instead of catching it. Maybe they have the sense to use all these picks wisely and get a foundation built.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the we can all agree that the biggest problem the Giants have had for quite some time is not getting a QB and preparing that QB to take over for Eli. Really for at least 5 years if not more. You could line up 3 Odells across the field and Eli won't get them the ball.Hell, maybe their biggest high lite in the passing game last season was Odell throwing the ball instead of catching it. Maybe they have the sense to use all these picks wisely and get a foundation built.
I think we're more likely to agree Gettlemen has been the biggest problem.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would get real tired of paying a player millions who decides when he feels like it
to undermine what the team & organization is trying to do.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre in full rebuild then going out and paying Tate is stupid . As it was they had a young franchise RB, young franchise WR and a top pick this year to get their QB. Now they're going to end up wasting Saquons rookie deal and by the time they're relevant again they'll need to either pay him or let him go . Seems like their plan is to be just good enough to not get a high pick but bad enough to never make the playoffs

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre in full rebuild then going out and paying Tate is stupid . As it was they had a young franchise RB, young franchise WR and a top pick this year to get their QB. Now they're going to end up wasting Saquons rookie deal and by the time they're relevant again they'll need to either pay him or let him go . Seems like their plan is to be just good enough to not get a high pick but bad enough to never make the playoffs
I know you can't ignore super bowl titles but that has more or less been the career of eli manning other than those two seasons.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like their plan is to be just good enough to not get a high pick but bad enough to never make the playoffs
That seems to have been the plan for a very long time, imo. They are seemingly always in that 7-9, 8-8 mode and it seems they finish seasons on win streaks just to fuck themselves. Aside from the SB runs, it's been Eli's legacy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to have been the plan for a very long time, imo. They are seemingly always in that 7-9, 8-8 mode and it seems they finish seasons on win streaks just to fuck themselves. Aside from the SB runs, it's been Eli's legacy.
He's had five double digit win seasons, and one more playoff appearance with under 10 wins. I'd hardly say that's his legacy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the Giants.

I mean they got an incredible offer and they had to pull the trigger.
They are in rebuild mold and everyone knows that.
And lets be honest Odell was a straight up circus show.

I don't get why the media is questioning this move?
well....what did they see in the past year that they didn't see before they gave him the contract they did?

Golden Tate.....LOL