• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't really understand why so much hype is on who is being classless.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Midnight is a fan of the Steelers (probably a bandwagon fan cause they have multiple SB's). By her assertion, being a fan of a team with rings somehow makes her views and opinions greater that those of a fan of a ringless team. I disagree.

First of all, he doesn't know shit about football except what she reads on yahoo sports every morning. Then her day is filled trashing up this forum with her nonstop arrogant vomit that is repeated every three days.

Second, if being a Steelers fan makes you better than Seahawks fans, or Browns fans or whoever.....why don't you have a job? You'd think with all that superiority, you'd have a fabulous job and such. Instead, you're a sad, old, bitter slag with nothing better to do then talk shit to real football fans that outwit you on just about every thread.

You did the same tired shit on CBS, tried to do it on a couple of other forums, but they tossed your ass before you could get your lil engines reved up.

You suck.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um no... again

I realize you are fully and completely obsessed with the Lombardi trophy and you are well within your right to be obsessed with anything you like. Would our fans like to be world champions? Well of course. Does not winning it mean the whole season was a failure? NO. Of course it means you wouldn't respect them, but then you don't respect them now so that doesn't mean much does it? Having rings from the past to fall back on? Are you fucking high? If Denver loses this game their fans will be no less or more disappointed than ours would. You act as though having championships in the past has any bearing on the present and it doesn't unless the players were actually on that team at that last championship and then all it accounts for is their experience in that moment. That's it.

We have already faced this before. The 2001 Mariners tied the record for the most regular season wins in MLB history and yet lost in the first round of the playoffs. Many asked if the ride was for nothing then and while the ending may not have been fun, it didn't erase all of the energy and fun everyone had over that whole spring and summer. I'd trade that year from being in the cellar now for nearly a decade every fucking day of the week. You have zero perspective.

Everyone wants their team to win it all and only one does each year. To say everyone else is equal in not winning it is ludicrous. The Browns would swap out with the loser in a heart beat and so would their fans. Seattle is 15-3 this season and so is Denver. Both had a great ride getting here and both will play in the biggest spectacle in all of the worlds sports. Only one will lift the trophy, but the team that doesn't win still had a great ride and a great season despite your assertions otherwise. I'm not sure anyone should care what fans outside of their own team think about them after the season is over. SF was still the defending NFC champions all year and were the team to beat because of it. Ask their fans if they'd rather make it to the SB and lose or get beat by their rival and miss out on even going. They are not equal.

Do you even have a clue how elitist you sound?

If you don't win the ring, you didn't do shit. Period. I'm sure Manning would have the same answer if you asked him.

Dan Marino said he'd trade every record he ever broke for one ring. That speaks volumes.

That's the Super Bowl, kid.

If you win it's sweet wine and roses and victory parades. Your name is etched in history as one of the best teams of the modern era.

Lose and you just pick 31st.

That's how it goes for all those that go to the Super Bowl.

It's all or nothing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't win the ring, you didn't do shit. Period. I'm sure Manning would have the same answer if you asked him.

Dan Marino said he'd trade every record he ever broke for one ring. That speaks volumes.

That's the Super Bowl, kid.

If you win it's sweet wine and roses and victory parades. Your name is etched in history as one of the best teams of the modern era.

Lose and you just pick 31st.

That's how it goes for all those that go to the Super Bowl.

It's all or nothing.

Of course Manning would say it's all or nothing. You do know there is a difference between a fan of a team and those that actually play on that team right? Winning is everything for the athletes and that's how it should be. They don't play to come in second place. We are FANS and I don't give a shit how many times you spew your pompous rhetoric it has no chance of changing how I feel about my team and whatever happiness I had following them all year. I will choose to make up my own mind on what achievements I recognize for their season and I assure you I won't give a damn what yours are, nor anyone else for that matter. It cannot possibly change what it means to me.

Kid? :lol: So now on top of whatever other names you have tried you attempt to belittle my positions by questioning my youth. I'm fairly sure I'd have to be quite a bit older than you. If not I weep for the world as your maturity level is seriously in question. Hint: I was born well before man walked on the moon. I'd actually bet I have kids older than you. Given that one of them represents your right to be a pompous ass in the Navy, I'd also bet even my kids have done more productive things for society than you have.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class :laugh3: the only thing about class is the passive aggressive geek's on internet boards that have some weird personal emotional attachment to players that are in essence young men playing a high testosterone game that is violent.

Most of these NFL players would not give you the time of day because they are arrogant sob's that have had their ego pumped up since high school,ever been around a bunch of jocks? most are morons and a holes i know when i played sports in high school i could not wait to get away from them,same in College and i avoided frat party's where i knew groups of them would be.

I think this is probably true, but by chance I ended up in the jock dorm at UW and the athletes for the most part were very cool guys. This includes guys who've made the NFL and NHL as well as starters for the college basketball team. The only annoying things about them were the football and basketball stars all got laid extremely easily and played ridiculously loud music and the hockey players would come home at 2am on a weeknight and break bottles against the wall and paint with their blood. The soccer players and swimmers were just normal people. Lol, the hockey players were the most annoying by far out of any sport.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Manning would say it's all or nothing. You do know there is a difference between a fan of a team and those that actually play on that team right? Winning is everything for the athletes and that's how it should be. They don't play to come in second place. We are FANS and I don't give a shit how many times you spew your pompous rhetoric it has no chance of changing how I feel about my team and whatever happiness I had following them all year. I will choose to make up my own mind on what achievements I recognize for their season and I assure you I won't give a damn what yours are, nor anyone else for that matter. It cannot possibly change what it means to me.

Kid? :lol: So now on top of whatever other names you have tried you attempt to belittle my positions by questioning my youth. I'm fairly sure I'd have to be quite a bit older than you. If not I weep for the world as your maturity level is seriously in question. Hint: I was born well before man walked on the moon. I'd actually bet I have kids older than you. Given that one of them represents your right to be a pompous ass in the Navy, I'd also bet even my kids have done more productive things for society than you have.

Psst...I'm a navy veteran as well.

So I, in turn, represented your right to be arrogant about....well....nothing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are those arrogant ass Bronco's fans someone was looking for.

Orange Mane Central Discussion - The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community

There are confident fans from both teams. What a shock. Two teams that made it to the SB that both lost only 3 times out of 18 and neither lost by more than 1 score and yet they like their team and are confident in their ability to win. We are told they should not because they don't have recent rings. Now, had this been the Steelers or maybe GB then by all means that same confidence is acceptable because those fans have credibility from having watched a team that won a ring. I mean duh.

I love how now I'm arrogant over nothing. I'm pretty sure you can't simply be arrogant without having something to be arrogant over, such as total Lombardi snobbery for example. I have said my teams offense commits too many unforced errors and if I had to bet my mortgage I'd probably take Denver to win this game and yet I'm the arrogant one. :laugh3:

Oh, and I call :bullshit: on you serving your country and take offense at the very suggestion. You sully the good name that people like my son work their ass off for. He is now teaching for the Navy in upstate NY after serving several years as an ET Nuke aboard the USS Rhode Island. This isn't a joke (like your pompous elitist arrogance). While you sit around and pass judgement on people you don't know based on some bourgeoisie culture there are people out there putting their lives on the line to keep you safe at night.

Sports are supposed to be entertainment and everyone is allowed to enjoy it whether or not the teams they root for meet your criteria for an acceptable season.