• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't like dipoto anymore

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Smith? Was that really necessary? Dumbass.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Jerry thinks we don't need a closer. And I don't see how Miley is any better than Elias. Dumbass.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is going to sign Fernando Rodney.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up Smith in this deal is a tough pill to swallow

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I please hear the stance of someone for this trade? I'd take Elias over Miley, what am I missing here?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on one hand, it seems like way too much to give up for an innings eater.

on the other hand, who on our current SP roster actually pitched anything near 200 innings in a season recently...besides Felix.

i don't know what to think about this until i see what happens between now and april, but i'm more than a little alarmed.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on one hand, it seems like way too much to give up for an innings eater.

on the other hand, who on our current SP roster actually pitched anything near 200 innings in a season recently...besides Felix.

i don't know what to think about this until i see what happens between now and april, but i'm more than a little alarmed.

Well, Miley is under team control for the next three years at very team-friendly money. So, there's that. But Elias and Smith were under team control for team-friendly money for the next three years also. I haven't read one report yet that thinks Seattle won or broke even on this trade.

I think Dipoto got schooled.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty puzzled unless this team is strapped for $$$ which is stupid. Why not spend a little more money on a Kazmir and not trade away Elias and Smith. Yes this upgrades the rotation but you could have done that without moving pieces. Gotta say this is first real head scratcher from Dipoto in my mind

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I get a little amped on here sometimes, but what the hell was that? Elias is Wiley like it was said above. Smith was a stud in the pen when used right. We added salary w/o getting better. Why won't he just buy a freaking player so we don't have to lose to gain (and by gain I mean get right back to where we were in the first place)?????

Dipoto to me is a hamster. He goes and goes and goes non stop, but in the end he is right where he started on his little treadmill.

Seriously, what was the positive in this? At least get JBJ back in the deal as well. No wonder Scioscia wanted to beat this guys head in. That is 2 former Angels execs ripping us apart. Are the Angels still paying these guys to do this to us?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty puzzled unless this team is strapped for $$$ which is stupid. Why not spend a little more money on a Kazmir and not trade away Elias and Smith. Yes this upgrades the rotation but you could have done that without moving pieces. Gotta say this is first real head scratcher from Dipoto in my mind

I am still scratching my head on the Trumbo deal.

If you are strapped for money, why take on more money on this deal? We just suck and we always will suck. Fed up already which has to be the earliest on record for me with this team. Jerry Bavasi sucks!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I please hear the stance of someone for this trade? I'd take Elias over Miley, what am I missing here?

Miley is a good bet to give you 200 innings and be a decent #4 or #5. He also has a reasonable contract. Elias is nothing special. This deal turns into Smith for Miley, basically. Who knows with relievers, but it could help both teams???

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When everyone decides to go all in on hating this guy (which clearly won't take long), his name will be fun to play with...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Miley is under team control for the next three years at very team-friendly money. So, there's that. But Elias and Smith were under team control for team-friendly money for the next three years also. I haven't read one report yet that thinks Seattle won or broke even on this trade.

I think Dipoto got schooled.

Dipoto is generally pretty good. Miley should improve in that ballpark. I don't think Carson Smith is the guy keeping SEA from contending. Still plenty of RP's out there on the market.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miley is a good bet to give you 200 innings and be a decent #4 or #5. He also has a reasonable contract. Elias is nothing special. This deal turns into Smith for Miley, basically. Who knows with relievers, but it could help both teams???

Step away from the crack pipe. You are getting a little bit too delusional for my liking.:gaah:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. completely and totally wrong. And Brady fucking sucks.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still scratching my head on the Trumbo deal.

If you are strapped for money, why take on more money on this deal? We just suck and we always will suck. Fed up already which has to be the earliest on record for me with this team. Jerry Bavasi sucks!

I could a least understand the idea of the Trumbo trade. Clearly they didn't want him and there was no demand for him so they got something other then a bag of balls. Not saying I liked it but the idea made sense.

This one I got nothing for. Taking on Miley means they are taking on cheaper contract then a FA pitcher. He's an innings eater but Safeco won't make him anything better then a Vargas. To be honest I thought not signing Kuma was a smart call. Now it just seems like the organization has gone cheap again. Frustrating

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could a least understand the idea of the Trumbo trade. Clearly they didn't want him and there was no demand for him so they got something other then a bag of balls. Not saying I liked it but the idea made sense.

But we also gave up a RP we just got so to me it was worse than just letting him walk. We had very few trade assets and now even those are all gone and we are no where better than when we started. Jerry Bavasi screwed us and the Angels are laughing their arses off.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step away from the crack pipe. You are getting a little bit too delusional for my liking.:gaah:

I dunno. Miley was pretty good after a terrible stretch to start the year. Bullpen arms are seldom consistent.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. completely and totally wrong. And Brady fucking sucks.

What part is wrong? The 200ish innings? The reasonable contract? All of a sudden Carson Smith is the "one that got away"??

P.S. Brady is a god. He just played like shit yesterday.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part is wrong? The 200ish innings? The reasonable contract? All of a sudden Carson Smith is the "one that got away"??

P.S. Brady is a god. He just played like shit yesterday.
The difference between Miley and Elias, what little there is, is not worth the price of Carson Smith. His slider eats Mike Trout alive. you guys are going to learn to like him real quick.

And Brady fucking sucks.