• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I come in peace

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious on you guys thoughts on AB84 and if you think you'll trade him or he'll pull a Le'Veon Bell?

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm.not a Steelers fan but, I vaguely keep up due to Bud Dupree! I'm a Titans fan and honestly I'm not sure he's(AB84) worth the asking price!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm.not a Steelers fan but, I vaguely keep up due to Bud Dupree! I'm a Titans fan and honestly I'm not sure he's(AB84) worth the asking price!

On a team where HE is the center of attention, where HE is the only one that matters I'm sure he'll do good. But if you have one or two guys that will take the spotlight off of him.....brace yourself.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious on you guys thoughts on AB84 and if you think you'll trade him or he'll pull a Le'Veon Bell?

AB...a very talented, but somewhat immature player.

Traded...Right now I'm saying no. This last episode imo is really about AB being thinned skinned, reportedly he blew up over being called on the carpet by Ben after running a wrong route. A considerable amount of time for Ben and AB to kiss and makeup, but if AB wants to keep this in the media, and it continues to simmer into spring...maybe.

Fair...but you don't have to see him every week to realize production. As a football player, AB is probably top 5 at his position...on in age, but it depends where your team is and what you need. He gives you everything you really need from your WR1...deep threat, 1st dwn maker, scores the ball, generates one on one opportunities for others, typically available week in week out.

From a Steeler perspective...anything less than a top 15 pick...they're probably better off keeping him.

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB...a very talented, but somewhat immature player.

Traded...Right now I'm saying no. This last episode imo is really about AB being thinned skinned, reportedly he blew up over being called on the carpet by Ben after running a wrong route. A considerable amount of time for Ben and AB to kiss and makeup, but if AB wants to keep this in the media, and it continues to simmer into spring...maybe.

Fair...but you don't have to see him every week to realize production. As a football player, AB is probably top 5 at his position...on in age, but it depends where your team is and what you need. He gives you everything you really need from your WR1...deep threat, 1st dwn maker, scores the ball, generates one on one opportunities for others, typically available week in week out.

From a Steeler perspective...anything less than a top 15 pick...they're probably better off keeping him.
Does his Diva/troublesome mentality hamper his value?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If missing time on the field (for whatever reason) was more of a regular thing, yes, but I think he's missed like 3 games in a 5 or 6 yrs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how broken the Steelers lockerroom appears to be, I'd say yes it does hamper his value TO THIS TEAM. Surface value hasn't changed though as we all know what product he can bring to the football field. But in terms of where the Steelers are at this point in time, he's proving to be more of a cancer than a teammate. And if he continues on this path, then the Steelers will be better off without him.

Double edged sword though, since the Steelers will need him if they ever want to get back to the super bowl.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how broken the Steelers lockerroom appears to be, I'd say yes it does hamper his value TO THIS TEAM. Surface value hasn't changed though as we all know what product he can bring to the football field. But in terms of where the Steelers are at this point in time, he's proving to be more of a cancer than a teammate. And if he continues on this path, then the Steelers will be better off without him.

Double edged sword though, since the Steelers will need him if they ever want to get back to the super bowl.

It's unfortunate a lot of times, but you learn more about a person's character when things are going sideways than when everything is going well or mostly well. One of Tomlin's strongest suits is supposed to be player management/communication. He's going to have to lean on those skills heavily here to smooth this over, not with fans or media, but his own locker room.

They all know they need AB to win, but how far are they willing to let him walk out on the plank before they cut him off?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate a lot of times, but you learn more about a person's character when things are going sideways than when everything is going well or mostly well. One of Tomlin's strongest suits is supposed to be player management/communication. He's going to have to lean on those skills heavily here to smooth this over, not with fans or media, but his own locker room.

They all know they need AB to win, but how far are they willing to let him walk out on the plank before they cut him off?
AB has to meet him halfway. In this situation it appears that AB took full advantage of the situation & ultimately his status with the team. And honestly after hearing Tomlin’s final presser he appears to be at ends with AB. It could very well mean that if push came to shove and the decision had to be made this week, they would be moving on. I think Tomlin’s comment about being afforded more time by not being in the playoffs was a side note to AB. But who knows.

If AB really wants out, then he’s doing a great job of forcing their hand and destroying his own legacy.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AB has to meet him halfway. In this situation it appears that AB took full advantage of the situation & ultimately his status with the team. And honestly after hearing Tomlin’s final presser he appears to be at ends with AB. It could very well mean that if push came to shove and the decision had to be made this week, they would be moving on. I think Tomlin’s comment about being afforded more time by not being in the playoffs was a side note to AB. But who knows.

If AB really wants out, then he’s doing a great job of forcing their hand and destroying his own legacy.

Not sure how much weight this carries, everything is pretty much hearsay right now, but.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much weight this carries, everything is pretty much hearsay right now, but.....

was just gonna post that about the players not wanting AB to play. ALthough its contrary to what i believe ben said. Didnt ben say they expected AB to play and were "shocked" when he wasnt, and that it through off the offense in the first half, thats why they werent doing well

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just gonna post that about the players not wanting AB to play. ALthough its contrary to what i believe ben said. Didnt ben say they expected AB to play and were "shocked" when he wasnt, and that it through off the offense in the first half, thats why they werent doing well

There have been so many contradictory stories......

But with AB storming out of practice, then not speaking to anyone all week, it would be easy to believe some did not want him to play at all.
Ben being a part of the argument that caused AB to walk out, I can see him saying he thought AB would play as to not make any waves with anyone.

We will probably never know the real story behind what happens, all we can do is try and piece things together from all sides and try to come to a conclusion.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been so many contradictory stories......

But with AB storming out of practice, then not speaking to anyone all week, it would be easy to believe some did not want him to play at all.
Ben being a part of the argument that caused AB to walk out, I can see him saying he thought AB would play as to not make any waves with anyone.

We will probably never know the real story behind what happens, all we can do is try and piece things together from all sides and try to come to a conclusion.
oh i agree. There is a few things ive taken that I think I can feel certain about.
1)AB is all about AB
2)AB walked away from his team, coach, and owner
3)AB thinks this is all about AB, evidenced by joking his way through the Tomlin presser
4)egotistical prick, talented egotistical prick

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i agree. There is a few things ive taken that I think I can feel certain about.
1)AB is all about AB
2)AB walked away from his team, coach, and owner
3)AB thinks this is all about AB, evidenced by joking his way through the Tomlin presser
4)egotistical prick, talented egotistical prick

:lol:
I won't argue any of it. But one thing that is evident AB is a product of Mike Tomlin.
If Tomlin would of disciplined him from the word go, these issues never take place and we are not here discussing any of this.
But because AB has been permitted to act such as he has, his actions have only gotten worse.

And now AB isn't even listening to Tomlin, it was bound to happen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
I won't argue any of it. But one thing that is evident AB is a product of Mike Tomlin.
If Tomlin would of disciplined him from the word go, these issues never take place and we are not here discussing any of this.
But because AB has been permitted to act such as he has, his actions have only gotten worse.

And now AB isn't even listening to Tomlin, it was bound to happen.
100% agree, fostered this type of behavior.
THe only thing thats getting me from yinzer nation. Is the "cowher wouldnt allow this" "knoll wouldnt allow this" BS it happened with them too, people just choose to remember the good. Maybe not to this extent, but it happened. knoll was sued by his own guy and kept him. drugs, egos, it all happend. But tomlin fostered the bell, AB double standard

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree, fostered this type of behavior.
THe only thing thats getting me from yinzer nation. Is the "cowher wouldnt allow this" "knoll wouldnt allow this" BS it happened with them too, people just choose to remember the good. Maybe not to this extent, but it happened. knoll was sued by his own guy and kept him. drugs, egos, it all happend. But tomlin fostered the bell, AB double standard

Tomlin had much more hanging over his head......
Tomlin also caught tons of Shit over Harrison with his domestic abuse crap back in the day.
There is so much going on inside that licker room we don't even know.......
If AB and Harrison have this internet interview, I've got a feeling Tomlin will not survive his dirty laundry out in the open.

With Cowher and Noll, there may have been iffy shit going on.....I'm sure. But if you crossed those two one tenth of what AB has....you'd be in a new jersey by nightfall.