• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I cannot complain

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally I was going to post a stupid joke about how I was going to go to church now or something because the Phillies were playing so well. I stopped, but I'm sure it would have made some lame reference to child molestation.

Instead, I'm going to post on a serious note. This is the most happy I've been with this Phillies team in a long time, probably since 2010. I know a lot of people will point to 2011 as the last great Phillies year, but I feel like a black cloud was hanging over our team that whole season. With Halladay, Lee, and Oswalt all aging, Utley chronically hurt, having a depleted farm and especially giving up the farm for Pence, and Howard still on the books for another five years, I figured that 2011 might be our last real run for a long time, and if we didn't win it all, it would be a waste. I don't have to tell you guys what happened. A lot of people would much rather take a 102 win team than this current Phillies roster, but I really like where we're headed. I still don't think we're going to make the playoffs, but you never know, and regardless, our future is bright. We have great, young pitching, and no awful contracts hanging over our heads. This is the happiest I've felt as a Phillies fan in six years. Go Phillies!