• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can make a team today to beat the 1992 Dream Team

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just might wanna read back through a few...

agreed it SHOULDN'T be another LeClown vs. MJ debate...

How about a LeBron / Kobe debate? Did you know that through the first 14 years of their respective careers the Akron Asshole averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, has a better FG % & a better 3 point %?:D

:trash: (shaken, not stirred!)

ImpartialFairDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a LeBron / Kobe debate? Did you know that through the first 14 years of their respective careers the Akron Asshole averages more points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, has a better FG % & a better 3 point %?:D

:trash: (shaken, not stirred!)

View attachment 174701

don't MAKE me bring up rings...which mr. i'mlosingmyhair would probably wanna kill for...:lol:

#allaboutdalegacybaby

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it should be, being the second best player ever. Davis and Durant are pretty important too.

They definitely are. But, outside of Lebron, the current guys don't have anyone to be "that guy" when things aren't going well. Losing MJ would definitely hurt the DT, but they still had Magic and a couple of others to be "that guy".

I just don't see KD as that type of player. Not because he went to GSW either, I have no problem with that. I just don't think it's his personality.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we have these threads. Makes me feel like I still have a horse in the race. Lol Might have to pop in the 90s dynasty DVD collection and watch/listen to Marv with the combover and the czar

I think the boys today got game. Just not to sure they could take Jordan Magic and thosenpost players. Jordan with that team around him is scary especially on D. Nothing going to come easy for today's squad

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't MAKE me bring up rings...which mr. i'mlosingmyhair would probably wanna kill for...:lol:

#allaboutdalegacybaby

I've said it before & I'll say it again. If rings are the only way to judge a players career then

Robert Horry (7) > MJ (6)

Steve Kerr (5) > D. Wade (3)

Adam Morrison (1) > Chris Mullin (0)

Greg Kite :pound: (2) > Patrick Ewing (0)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before & I'll say it again. If rings are the only way to judge a players career then

Poor Ewing. Poor guy got it handed to him by MJ in college and The pros. Isn't he working for charlotte now?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greg Kite...

k, now you're attempting thread murder...

can't you get banned for that...?:dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Ewing. Poor guy got it handed to him by MJ in college and The pros. Isn't he working for charlotte now?

Ewing is in his 1st year as Georgetown's HC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Kite...

k, now you're attempting thread murder...

can't you get banned for that...?:dhd:

While I was typing Kite's name I couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm just waiting for someone to notice that comment & ask who the hell is Greg Kite?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I was typing Kite's name I couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm just waiting for someone to notice that comment & ask who the hell is Greg Kite?

guess you coulda threw in Mel Counts if he played a li'l longer...:lol:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous. The way that team has been romanticized is just stupid. They were a talented team, but if you took every member of that team and put them in their prime, and took every player from this generation in their prime, I'm taking this generation by a lot. The advantage in athleticism alone is staggering.

I would be fine with saying this generation can compete with the 92 Dream Team. I still give the Dream Team the edge, but it is pretty close. You, however, are putting Larry, Magic, and MJ in their prime along with guys like Ewing, Malone, Robinson, Barkley, Stockton, etc on the same team. In their primes? No one competes with that team. Watch those players in their prime (squint through the non HD). Those guys were really really good. There isn't a squad today that could compete with that

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with saying this generation can compete with the 92 Dream Team. I still give the Dream Team the edge, but it is pretty close. You, however, are putting Larry, Magic, and MJ in their prime along with guys like Ewing, Malone, Robinson, Barkley, Stockton, etc on the same team. In their primes? No one competes with that team. Watch those players in their prime (squint through the non HD). Those guys were really really good. There isn't a squad today that could compete with that

The '92 Dream Team all in their primes is a damn scary thought. Well w/ the exception of Laettner. The only way he should be on the team is as the water boy.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The '92 Dream Team all in their primes is a damn scary thought. Well w/ the exception of Laettner. The only way he should be on the team is as the water boy.

Laettner was on that team b/c he hit a turn around shot in the last moment in a NC. Simple as that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for this mythical match up what rules are being used? If it's the rules of the late 80's/early 90's huge advantage to the original Dream Team. Players of today just aren't as physical as they were back then. And wasn't the 3 point a little longer as well?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laettner was on that team b/c he hit a turn around shot in the last moment in a NC. Simple as that.

I disagree. He was on that team because he was the national player of the year in '92, won back to back titles, is the only player to start in 4 Final Fours & is The Tourney's all time leading scorer. That shot he made against Kentucky just added to his legend.

Muther fuker! Dammit I wanna go throw up now. I can't stand dook. And I don't like saying anything good about them.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He was on that team because he was the national player of the year in '92, won back to back titles, is the only player to start in 4 Final Fours & is The Tourney's all time leading scorer. That shot he made against Kentucky just added to his legend.

Muther fuker! Dammit I wanna go throw up now. I can't stand dook. And I don't like saying anything good about them.

Ok Ok...I suppose he was pretty good

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for this mythical match up what rules are being used? If it's the rules of the late 80's/early 90's huge advantage to the original Dream Team. Players of today just aren't as physical as they were back then. And wasn't the 3 point a little longer as well?

1996-97 rules. Physical but not crazy physical

Real bball