• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am realizing that i actually LOVE the extra innings rule!!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to institute an additional rule saying each batter comes to the plate with a full count.
Throw a strike. Swing the bat.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll enjoy it, despite the rule, not because of it.

come back when it happens... Now that i put it in your head... you will realize... I guarantee you!!!! if i am wrong you get your money back...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to institute an additional rule saying each batter comes to the plate with a full count.
Throw a strike. Swing the bat.

that's crazy talk!!! stay off my lawn!!!

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I went to an Angel game in like 89 and that motherfucker went 19 innings and my dumb ass stayed fer the whole thing. Brian Downing hit a shot in one of the extra innings and fucking Gary Pettis robbed him and the game continued. Fun fact: Last time I checked that is still considered one of the top 50 plays in BB history. Dude was like half over the fence.

The only thing that sucks about that is they stop selling beer in the bottom of the 7th, no matter how long the game goes.

They should have a rule that if the game goes extras, all the beer concessions re-open.

Now that's a rule I could get behind!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived in LA I went to hundreds of games too. Learned the hard way to never leave before a BB Game ends. Left early with the Angels down like 8 runs in the 7th and Dick fucking Schoefield hits and 0-2 Slam in the bottom of the 9th and they win 12-11. NEVER left another game early.
no doubt. I have that rule as well. I'll never forget back in 2001 I had tickets to a Pirates game, but I also had orders to Sigonella, Sicily. I thought I was going to be able to squeeze the game in before leaving, but it wasn't meant to be so I gave the tickets to my dad. in the actual game the Pirates managed to rally from like 6 or 7 down with two outs in the bottom of the ninth...was like a record comeback for that or something. I remember reading about it and thought holy shit, that 's the game I gave the tix to my dad. I immediately call him and ask about it. turns out he left in around the 7th inning or so because he took my mom and she didn't want to stay :L

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like they made hockey and soccer have shootouts to decide a tie, they should do similar and have a home run hitting contest to decide who wins.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I know that it is a bastardization to baseball... and is pretty much a gimmick....

BUT it really is a great rule.... it satisfies everything and everyone...

It remains a fair rule since both teams get the same advantage, so no ONE team can say they got screwed..

But it makes that half inning exciting... starting with a man on second, the question is Can you prevent that man from scoring?? so every extra half inning, all starts off with an exciting question...

then there is strategy, does a team go small ball and go all out to get that one runner to score, or do they go for the big inning with risk of total failure...

and then the odds of both teams matching the same results is SIGNIFICANTLY lower... which means the chances of going 12 + innings is less than it ever was...

So, It is a fair rule that doesn't give either team a real advantage
It is more exciting for fans,
there is added strategy for offenses
there is added strategy for pitching and defense
and it successfully speeds up the game...

It checks all 5 boxes of any intended rule change...

So the only thing against the rule is that it is not part of the original rules, and is a gimmick...

Next questions
is it such a bad rule that it will LOSE fans?? the answer is definitely no

Will it help attract new fans?? Absolutely!!! for reasons that were explained earlier, that it speeds up the game, adds excitement, and adds other things...

So i Welcome this rule change to stay... Even though i dont expect it to at all....
I agree. Its one of the few new rules I really like

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wings-pens2166

THE A'S TWINS GAME IS EXCITING!!! AM I RIGHT??
honestly couldn't say. I haven't watched an inning of baseball yet this year (just check scores on my on my phone so far). I'll check it out once the Stanley Cup playoffs are finished.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly couldn't say. I haven't watched an inning of baseball yet this year (just check scores on my on my phone so far). I'll check it out once the Stanley Cup playoffs are finished.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CONVERT YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO EVERY GAME THAT MAY GO INTO EXTRA INNINGS??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THE DIAMONDBACKS VS REDS IS PRETTY DAMN EXCITING!!! GET TO WATCHING

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man who made the last out in the previous inning gets an automatic trip to second base in the next inning.

That is called a Participation Trophy!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man who made the last out in the previous inning gets an automatic trip to second base in the next inning.

That is called a Participation Trophy!

Have no idea why they agreed to this crap.

Why can't we get 3-4 innings of normal baseball before going to this trash

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea why they agreed to this crap.

Why can't we get 3-4 innings of normal baseball before going to this trash
A pitcher pitches a perfect game. The score is 0-0 after nine.

The bullshit runner gets placed on second base. Lead off batter grounds out to second, moving the fake runner to third. Next batter hits a sacrifice fly, scoring the run. Final batter strikes out.

Pitcher has allowed an earned run while still pitching a perfect game! And is now on the hook for a loss!

The rule is a fucking joke, period.

Jkitterm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new extra inning rule why wouldn’t you intentionally walk the first batter? You set up a force at third or a potential double play. On a DP if the lead runner gets to 3rd there are now 2 outs and the SacFly is no longer in play.

Even if the second batter gets a hit to the outfield, the runner on second scores anyway just like he would if the first batter who you walked got a hit. Yes the runner on first might get to third or score but you odds are better really by creating the oppty for a force or DP

why have I not seen any team do this with the new extra innings rule?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could it possibly bring in new fans? Are casual fans going to change the channel when extra innings start? It’s not going to magically keep someone who doesn’t want to be in the ballpark in their seats.

The new rule is eh whatever but it won’t draw 1 eyeball that wasn’t a baseball fan before. But none of the new rules Manfred is implementing actually brings in new fans.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair bit of warning though, even if you somehow mange to convince me (you won't) I was wrong about it, according to my wife I'm never gonna admit to it because I'm a stubborn asshole incapable of admitting I was wrong.
Well, I mean, you don't think you're wrong about that....so....not capable?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new extra inning rule why wouldn’t you intentionally walk the first batter? You set up a force at third or a potential double play. On a DP if the lead runner gets to 3rd there are now 2 outs and the SacFly is no longer in play.

Even if the second batter gets a hit to the outfield, the runner on second scores anyway just like he would if the first batter who you walked got a hit. Yes the runner on first might get to third or score but you odds are better really by creating the oppty for a force or DP

why have I not seen any team do this with the new extra innings rule?
Not a bad idea that's part of the fun, as managers start figuring out how to play it.

I love it. Who gives a shit about those 16 inning games where everyone leaves and there's 200 people freezing and then the next day they say gee such and such went 16 and we all go wow and the next day we've moved on. Waste of good baseball.