• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2020 Season

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully I don't have any friends who are Duck fans.

I went to the Washington/Rutgers game a few years back and would you believe I ran into a damn Ducks fan there. I asked him if he was lost and he said yes. I got a good chuckle out of that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The predictable, but still hilarious thing about the Ducks this year was the still incredible amount of insecurity and inferiority syndrome they have against other teams of the PAC, but especially UW.
I mean these clowns win the PAC and a Rose Bowl. You would think they would revel in that and enjoy it. For any PAC team, what more could you ask for and to just enjoy it. That level of success should speak for itself.

But every second since the end of the season and the bowl win, 99 out of 100 social media and blog posts are always some "Take that Washington!!!" thing. The saying about "charging rent in their heads" doesn't even come close to the levels it's been at.
Oregon lands any 4*+ commit. Are they on there analyzing what it means for the team's roster? No. They're first responses in forum and twitter are "Look at what we got Washington!!! Fuck you all!!!"

It's why I can never take these clowns seriously when it comes to how they act as fans. Its always this "Us against the planet" mentality with them no matter how successful a season they have. And everytime the program is doing well, they act their somehow reinventing the game in some groundbreaking fashion.

Its' ridiculous.

And yet all that Nike money still can't get them to the final 4.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Washington/Rutgers game a few years back and would you believe I ran into a damn Ducks fan there. I asked him if he was lost and he said yes. I got a good chuckle out of that.

My Duck buddy has an unusual dilemma, see him and his brother played down in Eugene, but his boy is on the track team at UW... Its a great fun situation when I get pics texted to me of him sporting Husky gear at track meets.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Duck buddy has an unusual dilemma, see him and his brother played down in Eugene, but his boy is on the track team at UW... Its a great fun situation when I get pics texted to me of him sporting Husky gear at track meets.

That's excellent!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just got to reading the PAC-12 projections and thought it was solid until I saw their rankings for each unit.

For best HB group we're ranked 6th. Perhaps I'm just really high on Richard Newton and Sean McGrew, but I think that should be higher. What I saw from Newton - despite his inexperience - between the tackles was really impressive. If he stays healthy and receives a majority of the carries, I'd be surprised if he didn't finish top 3 in rushing yards in the PAC-12.

For best OL units, I don't understand why Oregon is ranked #1 despite losing four starters. Their LT (Penei Sewell) is a monster and I think will be the first non-QB selected in the 2021 NFL draft, but there's so much uncertainty at the other four spots that I don't understand why they're ranked so highly.

Lastly, I don't understand how UW can be ranked #2 for LBs. That was by far our biggest weakness in 2019. I do expect an improvement, but our linebackers are my biggest question mark for the defense going into 2020.

The unit rankings really make me question how much the author really knows.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 will push each other and hopefully Lake picks the right one to get this program back on track.

Agreed. I will say that Thomson's highlights do really excite me.

Wish this was a normal season. I'm starting to have a bad feeling that there will be no 2020 college football.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't had many pleasant experiences with Oregon fans at UW home games. One time there was someone wearing a Oregon jersey in the student section (I snuck in with my friend who was a grad student and that's where his tickets were), and got into a fight with him saying that you can't wear that in the student section. My drunk ass tried dragging him up the stairs by his jersey to get him out.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had many pleasant experiences with Oregon fans at UW home games. One time there was someone wearing a Oregon jersey in the student section (I snuck in with my friend who was a grad student and that's where his tickets were), and got into a fight with him saying that you can't wear that in the student section. My drunk ass tried dragging him up the stairs by his jersey to get him out.

My god man internet bully and stadium bully?

You're a bad ass!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in other news high school football gets to start tomorrow :clap:

Even though there is a shit ton of do's and don't the WIAA wants the kids on the field!

Lets hope we have a season

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I will say that Thomson's highlights do really excite me.

Wish this was a normal season. I'm starting to have a bad feeling that there will be no 2020 college football.

I agree 2020 looks slim with camps opening up and positive tests popping up at alarming rate. This season is huge with Michigan on the slate and get this program back on track.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's ballsy wearing a opposing team jersey in the student section. Although I did wear my Seahawks jersey to the Linc when the Seahawks visit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ballsy wearing a opposing team jersey in the student section. Although I did wear my Seahawks jersey to the Linc when the Seahawks visit.

I've heard it's against the rules to wear the opposing team's apparel in the student section. Not sure if that's just an informal "rule" or if it's actually a stadium policy that is enforced. Could be an enforced policy because if you're wearing another school's apparel that probably means you're not a UW student and snuck into the section.

It now just dawned on me that I'm a hypocrite because I wore UW shit when I was in the USC student section. Oh well lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard it's against the rules to wear the opposing team's apparel in the student section. Not sure if that's just an informal "rule" or if it's actually a stadium policy that is enforced. Could be an enforced policy because if you're wearing another school's apparel that probably means you're not a UW student and snuck into the section.

It now just dawned on me that I'm a hypocrite because I wore UW shit when I was in the USC student section. Oh well lol.

It could be a stadium policy but honestly I'm not sure either. All I know is wearing an opposing team jersey just be respectful and nothing will happen to you. Not once have I had an issue in Philly.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a stadium policy but honestly I'm not sure either. All I know is wearing an opposing team jersey just be respectful and nothing will happen to you. Not once have I had an issue in Philly.

I've only gone to maybe a dozen or so Seahawk games, but I've seen Hawk fans be really vicious to people wearing apparel of an opposing team. Surprisingly I've seen more vitriol at professional games than college games.

Friend of mine flew up to Seattle to go to a MNF game with me when we played the Bills (his team). He wore his jersey and after the game some guy started getting up in his face trying to start a fight with him even though we won. The irony is that the guy who started heckling him was some skinny 5'7 middle aged man and my friend is a built like an NFL player. When I was separating the two of them, the guy's wife started throwing punches at me lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only gone to maybe a dozen or so Seahawk games, but I've seen Hawk fans be really vicious to people wearing apparel of an opposing team. Surprisingly I've seen more vitriol at professional games than college games.

Friend of mine flew up to Seattle to go to a MNF game with me when we played the Bills (his team). He wore his jersey and after the game some guy started getting up in his face trying to start a fight with him even though we won. The irony is that the guy who started heckling him was some skinny 5'7 middle aged man and my friend is a built like an NFL player. When I was separating the two of them, the guy's wife started throwing punches at me lol.

That's sucks for your friend. I shouldn't have said you should be fine cause there's always an asshole or two looking for a fight. It can get nasty at the pro games but I think putting a cap on serving the alcohol has helped a bit on less fights like here in Philly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took my youngest to see the Eagles play the Hawks 17/18 season ( week before Wentz tore his knee up in LA)
Anyways there was this douche bag sitting in front of us that was drunk off his ass and was just being a ragging dick. He gets up to leave, ( him, his wife and his brother) he gets all pissy with me cause I wont shake his hand, why would shake a guys hand when he has a Seahawk jersey on ( me and my boy in our Eagle stuff) and the entire game he's drunk pissing off everyone around him. So he continues to talk shit as he's getting to the steps, finally I had enough of his shit so I stand up and start walking towards him. A bunch of other Eagles fans that were sitting in our section were grabbing me saying, " come on man you got your kid here," "dudes a drunk" well the drunks brother comes back up ( dude was a big man) walks right up to me and apologizes and says "don't worry I will kick his ass when we get to our car."

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sucks for your friend. I shouldn't have said you should be fine cause there's always an asshole or two looking for a fight. It can get nasty at the pro games but I think putting a cap on serving the alcohol has helped a bit on less fights like here in Philly.

I didn't know that there was a cap on serving alcohol. Hasn't stopped me from stumbling out of every game I've been to.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took my youngest to see the Eagles play the Hawks 17/18 season ( week before Wentz tore his knee up in LA)
Anyways there was this douche bag sitting in front of us that was drunk off his ass and was just being a ragging dick. He gets up to leave, ( him, his wife and his brother) he gets all pissy with me cause I wont shake his hand, why would shake a guys hand when he has a Seahawk jersey on ( me and my boy in our Eagle stuff) and the entire game he's drunk pissing off everyone around him. So he continues to talk shit as he's getting to the steps, finally I had enough of his shit so I stand up and start walking towards him. A bunch of other Eagles fans that were sitting in our section were grabbing me saying, " come on man you got your kid here," "dudes a drunk" well the drunks brother comes back up ( dude was a big man) walks right up to me and apologizes and says "don't worry I will kick his ass when we get to our car."

Yeah that experience you had doesn't surprise me. I remember I went to a game back in 2009 where the Seahawks slaughtered the Jaguars and I saw an older couple wearing Jaguars gear being screamed at after the game even though they weren't saying a word.

I don't understand why they act like that. I'm as passionate about my teams as anyone else, but I've only made friends whenever I'm at a game (aside from that one story about the Oregon fan in the UW student section, although I later apologized to him). If anything, if there is an opposing fan in the stands I make conversation with them because I assume they know more about their team than I do.

Good to hear the situation didn't end poorly. I'd be furious if a friend or family member was acting like that unprovoked. Alcohol isn't an excuse IMO. I'm plastered at almost every sporting event I attend and I don't create problems.