• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2020 Season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been sucking BLM c0ck since the day all this shit started and now this shit. If only he spent this much energy on recruiting.

UW Huskies coach Jimmy Lake plans to organize meetings between his players and police for ‘uncomfortable conversations’

He doesn't really have much of a choice. As an African American P-5 head coach (I think there are only 10 others?) the backlash wouldn't be pleasant if he didn't speak out, especially in Seattle.

I've remained completely silent on the issue and was even ostracized by someone I knew in college who then deleted me. Apparently "white silence is violence."

Irrespective of how you feel about the entire situation, it could also be a good look for the program. Recruits may see his activism as a positive thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW: I've read that there really isn't a strong positive correlation between SAT/ACT performance and college academic performance. Speaking from personal experience, I always thought that that standardized tests were a huge pain in the ass and didn't see how learning any of that shit helped me any more than taking 3 years of Spanish when I now can't speak a word of it. Prepping for standardized tests is more learning how to beat the test than being a brilliant person. I knew complete dumbasses with great test scores who just dedicated an absurd amount of hours prepping for it.

Also I figure that if a student still wants to take the SAT/ACT and use it to boost their application, they can still do so.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 7-9 wins is where they'll land. Who knows, maybe with some luck whichever QB starts catches fire early and continue to rolls throughout the season.

Yeah I think you're right about the 7-9 wins.
To many unanswered questions about these younger guys on offense.

It would be cool if this coaching staff can turn this thing into a shocker of a season and bang out 11 wins with some huge upsets....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm....didnt see that one coming.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be cool if this coaching staff can turn this thing into a shocker of a season and bang out 11 wins with some huge upsets....

Man would it be nice to shut up the Oregon fans for year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know this is a pretty obvious thing to say, but I think it'll come down to QB play. If the performance from our QBs is similar to last year, I'd put the over/under at 8 wins. The defense will be better next year, and I think having Richard Newton as the #1 back will be an improvement over Ahmed based on what I saw last year.

Not having fans in the stadium could actually benefit us this year since aside from Michigan, our toughest games are on the road.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm....didnt see that one coming.

Surprised with 3 QBs already competing for the top gig.

This transfer this late makes no sense at all!

I obviously hate the transfer portal but I was pretty impressed by Thomson's highlights despite the fact that a lot of it was against FBS talent.

I didn't see the game, but based on stats alone he held his own pretty well against Arizona State when you consider he had an FBS offensive line, run game and WRs going up against a solid ASU squad on the road.

At the worst it adds to the competition and we have a QB who on the roster has starting experience. At best he could thrive playing on a team with FBS talent.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully I don't have any friends who are Duck fans.
The predictable, but still hilarious thing about the Ducks this year was the still incredible amount of insecurity and inferiority syndrome they have against other teams of the PAC, but especially UW.
I mean these clowns win the PAC and a Rose Bowl. You would think they would revel in that and enjoy it. For any PAC team, what more could you ask for and to just enjoy it. That level of success should speak for itself.

But every second since the end of the season and the bowl win, 99 out of 100 social media and blog posts are always some "Take that Washington!!!" thing. The saying about "charging rent in their heads" doesn't even come close to the levels it's been at.
Oregon lands any 4*+ commit. Are they on there analyzing what it means for the team's roster? No. They're first responses in forum and twitter are "Look at what we got Washington!!! Fuck you all!!!"

It's why I can never take these clowns seriously when it comes to how they act as fans. Its always this "Us against the planet" mentality with them no matter how successful a season they have. And everytime the program is doing well, they act their somehow reinventing the game in some groundbreaking fashion.

Its' ridiculous.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously hate the transfer portal but I was pretty impressed by Thomson's highlights despite the fact that a lot of it was against FBS talent.

I didn't see the game, but based on stats alone he held his own pretty well against Arizona State when you consider he had an FBS offensive line, run game and WRs going up against a solid ASU squad on the road.

At the worst it adds to the competition and we have a QB who on the roster has starting experience. At best he could thrive playing on a team with FBS talent.

All 4 will push each other and hopefully Lake picks the right one to get this program back on track.