• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Recruiting Update

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since I posted one of these... Here are some prospects that Nebraska is in on currently that look to have at least medium interest in Nebraska. Starting with highest interest and moving to least.

1. Noah Fant (3-Star, DE) [Omaha, NE] Noah is a bit of an enigma right now. Most pundits think he's a sure thing to Nebraska but he's held off on committing, at least for now. Fant has been camping trying to garner some more offers and even went to a Nike camp in Oregon where he impressed by putting up solid numbers. It's no secret that Fant would need to put on a good amount of weight at the next level but his athleticism and frame has many interested. Probability of commitment 90% (other players- Iowa and Vanderbilt)

2. Jojo Domann (3-Star, LB) [Colorado Springs, CO] Domann announced yesterday that he would be committing on June 26th to the school of his choice. Nebraska seems to be the right fit here. Domann has a great relationship with Avery Anderson and loves the Husker coaches and may have already been a silent commitment for a while now. Domann is either the #1 or #2 player in the state of Colorado according to most sites and would mark the second straight year Nebraska has pulled a top player from that state. Probability of commitment: 90% (Other players: Kansas State, Wisconson, Stanford)

3. Greg Simmons (3-Star, LB) [Fort Pierce, FL] Simmons has already visited Nebraska on his own dime. A visit that the recruit said was a "game changer." As a result of the visit Simmons decommitted from Miami and has been tweeting and obsessing over Nebraska stuff the weeks since. It would be a surprise if Simmons wasn't eventually N. The one thing that keeps the optimist at bay though is that he didn't pull the trigger right away. Probability of commitment: 85% (other players: Miami, Tennessee, Louisville)

4. Jack Stoll (3-Star, TE) [Aurora, CO] Stoll was supposed to make his decision last week but he put it off for the time being. His visit to Nebraska in June couldn't have gone much better. The TE prospect ranks as one of the top players in Colorado and has the frame to help at TE right away. Stoll has said he is down to two players for his services... Texas and Nebraska. Probability of commitment: 70% (other players: Texas)

5. Mykelle McDaniel (3-Star, DE) [Loganville, GA] Mcdaniel has visited Nebraska and loved it but also has an offer from in-state school Georgia. The Huskers have kept on the recruit and are also playing on his relationship with current Husker Mohammed Barry. It would be somewhat of an upset if Nebraska could pull McDaniel from the south but he has shown legitimate interest. Probability of commitment: 40% (other players: Georgia, South Carolina and Florida)

Other prospects to watch though their decisions are not coming soon: Matt Farniok (4-Star OT), Xavier Kelly (4-Star DE), Amani Bledsoe (4-Star DE), Isaiah Simmons (4-Star S), Michael Eletise (4-Star OG)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, I thought he'd go to Nebraska. Thought he'd delay a bit longer though.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two for two on the top 5 list... 3 for 3 tomorrow?

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Farniok reportedly visited thursday, not sure why it really wasn't talked about anywhere

anyways, he's visited a few times now i believe. 4* OT on Rivals

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I posted about it in the 2015 commit list thread... he and his family were town. So was Brokop.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant is going from 90% all the way down to 10% after finding out some things about him this week. I think he's gone.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was pretty much done. Didn't he commit somewhere else this past week?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the heck does that mean, "finding out some things about him". who exactly found out these things? he found them out or the staff found out? I'm so confused.

thanks for the update though.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant hasn't committed, but supposedly he and the Nebraska coaching staff are not jiving is my understanding.

Not sure if that means Fant wants 100% attention every day or what though. It might also be that he wants to get away from the Nebraska fish bowl and go to a school in the PAC 12. Why not see a different part of the country if someone else is paying for it? No matter what, he has an opportunity to grow his life no matter where he chooses, Nebraska or the West Coast. When I chose my school for academics I wanted to be away from Mom and Dad to grow up, because I was NOT moving back home after that.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the heck does that mean, "finding out some things about him". who exactly found out these things? he found them out or the staff found out? I'm so confused.

thanks for the update though.

Didn't mean to sound cryptic, my apologize... anyway. I talked to a few guys who go to South and seem to know him pretty well about him. He's enamored with playing TE in an offense like Oregon's and Nebraska initially offered him as a DE but has since told him he can play wherever he wants. It's not a lost cause yet but it sure sounds like he loves the idea of playing in a spread attack in the PAC-12.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to sound cryptic, my apologize... anyway. I talked to a few guys who go to South and seem to know him pretty well about him. He's enamored with playing TE in an offense like Oregon's and Nebraska initially offered him as a DE but has since told him he can play wherever he wants. It's not a lost cause yet but it sure sounds like he loves the idea of playing in a spread attack in the PAC-12.
So the exact same scenario as Bubak.

If he's not man enough to block a little he should just say so.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, losing Bubak and Fant doesn't bother me. It does set a dangerous precedent though. It's gonna be obnoxious hearing all of the overreacters screaming bloody murder for losing in state kids.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather never play a down in a Nebraska uniform (as in be on the team) then to play every down for some other team. But that's just me

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since I posted one of these... Here are some prospects that Nebraska is in on currently that look to have at least medium interest in Nebraska. Starting with highest interest and moving to least.

1. Noah Fant (3-Star, DE) [Omaha, NE] Noah is a bit of an enigma right now. Most pundits think he's a sure thing to Nebraska but he's held off on committing, at least for now. Fant has been camping trying to garner some more offers and even went to a Nike camp in Oregon where he impressed by putting up solid numbers. It's no secret that Fant would need to put on a good amount of weight at the next level but his athleticism and frame has many interested. Probability of commitment 90% (other players- Iowa and Vanderbilt)

I just read about Fant on Scout that he wants to be an Orthopedic Surgeon.

That tells me that he wants academics because he ain't no dummy.

I cannot fault his list with Iowa, California, UCLA, Nebraska and Vanderbilt. The Nebraska Medical Center is rated very highly by US News and World Report for Primary Care, number 4.

Best Medical Schools | Primary Care Rankings | Top Medical Schools for Primary Care | US News Best Graduate Schools

I know the California system is very good, and I also know all about the University of Iowa Medical School. I am clueless on Vanderbilt, but since that is the academic institution of the SEC, I am sure it is pretty good.

I will say it is all a tie based on the medical schools.

If he likes country music, Nashville wins. I love the city of Nashville.

If he wants his family to see his games easily, Nebraska wins.

If he wants the ability to use a giant network of medical hospitals, California wins. If he hates winter, then this is another plus for California schools. UCLA at least has the southern beaches to offer, the San Fran area is NOT meant for swimming in that cold water. Three hour drive to Reno, Nevada from San Fran, four hour drive to Las Vegas from LA. I hate just about everything about California because of the over-crowding. California Berkeley is just too close to Oakland.

Iowa has a chance since it is just a four to five hour drive from Omaha.

Arizona State offered him, but I personally am not too fond of Phoenix and Tempe. Too many people, and summer is really. really hot. Las Vegas is about a four hour drive from there and same for the Grand Canyon. Summers would suck, but winters would be nice. It can easily be over 100 degrees there from April through October. I have been there in both October and April to play golf and it was just too hot, it was ovre 100 and I had to quit playing on the 16th hole both trips. I was also there inthe winter and the course was delayed opening because of FROST warnings. They didn't want us traipsing around on the greens and killing the grass.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to Nashville, Me personally I don't think it is anything special. Also a lot of drugs and homeless people which pisses me off. The music muh anyone with a GEETAR is the next big thaaang in Nashville. But to me all that pop CUNTry is just shit.

also NO I DONT WANT ANY DAMN SWEET TEA!