• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hurts to be reminded of draft history...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucked

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson, Luke Kuechly I wanted those picks but hey im not Jerry......

Bobby Carpenter was the worst pick ever in the 1st round I swear that was Parcells cost to come get Jerry his stadium !

damn sad stuff in that article

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck. But it reminds you how things got this way. Glad the last few drafts have improved.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good read....say's a lot about the last couple of drafts and boy do we need to hit again this year.

understand the need for QB, but that can't come in the first two rounds and maybe first three rounds, pending how they fall. Like it or not....we're all in and that comes from the last few drafts talent hauls as much as it does cause of Romo's age. Crazy me... but Prescott in the 3rd, or even OSU's Jones in round 4/5 looks as much a fit as taking a QB in rounds one or two.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson, Luke Kuechly I wanted those picks but hey im not Jerry......

Bobby Carpenter was the worst pick ever in the 1st round I swear that was Parcells cost to come get Jerry his stadium !

damn sad stuff in that article

the worst? Lot's of folks had BC as a solid first round evaluation. Remember Semdev? He was right, BC was Barbie but he was hardly the worst to me. Cam in 2010 came from VTech. Dallas was all up in VTech back then. Jerry loved him some VTech head coach and we took a project instead of Cam? Bet Jerry shot that scout himself.

Dallas's problem by and large is their evaluations of the guys on the roster when they go to the draft. It dictates who they select and they got burned for not taking FOOTBALL PLAYERS regardless of their position. NOBOBY, screamed for Kuechly more than me back at Disney, but most then said we didn't need insidebacker or there was a greater need. You take the football player and things have a habit of working out. The last two drafts may show they've learned this much. Time will tell

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst? Lot's of folks had BC as a solid first round evaluation. Remember Semdev? He was right, BC was Barbie but he was hardly the worst to me. Cam in 2010 came from VTech. Dallas was all up in VTech back then. Jerry loved him some VTech head coach and we took a project instead of Cam? Bet Jerry shot that scout himself.

Dallas's problem by and large is their evaluations of the guys on the roster when they go to the draft. It dictates who they select and they got burned for not taking FOOTBALL PLAYERS regardless of their position. NOBOBY, screamed for Kuechly more than me back at Disney, but most then said we didn't need insidebacker or there was a greater need. You take the football player and things have a habit of working out. The last two drafts may show they've learned this much. Time will tell

Upon reflection there are plenty of other options for that noncoveted award. I was a supporter of that pick and am not to proud to admit I was dead wrong. And I do remember you campaigning for Luke back at the mouse ears. He turned into a "decent" player HUH :D

Sadly some of the guys we have real high hopes for just flame out or never even get the flame lit.

My worst was thinking Henson could play QB I was not alone but I was dead blanking wrong about it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, it's always depended on Jerry's level of input. He has always had good people advising him. Over the years, there have been a ton of times when the best player on their board turned out to be a stud, and Jerry went off reservation and picked someone else. The last 5 years, he actually showed some restraint, the Zach Martin instead of Johnny Football pick being an example. While Jerry has openly talked about wanting JF, he was talked into taking a fantastic player instead. 10 years ago, that wouldn't have happened. Progress

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt that some of that has been Jerry wanting to be the only guy that could see how good "this guy" is. It has seemed like he wanted to be seen as a " football guy" and would make the reach picks in hopes he would hit it. Always seemed there was a lot of ego involved and trying to prove himself after the jimmy years.
Whatever the source it has cost this franchise for many years. Add in the trades and FA moves that didn't fly or were grossly overpaid and here we are. That why I think it will be another good sign if he moves on from Hardy. Old Jerry would probably keep him if he could.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the past few drafts better. relative to about 17 horrible drafts out of past 20 years. let's not forget the horrible 1st round busts carver and lafluer. a remote bounced off my TV screen in 98 after we passed on moss. then the Galloway trade compromised the early 2000 drafts. the 2009 draft was deplorable..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only steal jerruh was able to get was Larry allen. otherwise the drafts he made with no help were horrible