• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hurricane thoughts

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I sit here wondering why I didn't hold out for a stone house and bought a frame house and look ahead to the start of camp I wonder....

...How good will this team really be?

Hmmmm, good question. The thing is, it could be a much better team than the last couple seasons. It also could resemble the Florida Panthers that went to the finals, strong team D, good goaltending and limited scoring. Jagr is the big question mark. He will either step in and be a reasonable reflection of his former self, score in the 75-80 point range and make the PP deadly. He could just as easily be a 45 point bust. It might be a massive simplification, but really Shenn and Simmons and Voracek are question marks who are looked at as being at a specific level...it is what Jagr will do (or not) that will really make the difference.

who would ever have thought the Flyers would be counting on Jagr to make the team go...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that JVR and Giroux stepping up are being counted on more than Jagr, but all will be key players. I think lines like JVR-Roo-Voracek and Hartnell-Briere-Jagr are going to work very nicely together. Briere's health worries me, we got lucky this year. If he manages to stay healthy I fully expect him to be killer, but I strongly doubt it happens.

Of course there is the D's health, but I also t hink Coburn and Mez will take it to the next level as they know Pronger and Kimmo are the older parents they have to take care of now. Carle will continue to be Carle, and I think he may be gone by the deadline.

Talbot will be a fan favorite, in a Lapperierre like quickness. Simmonds will be too, but not quite as big. I see Talbot being the man on the PK, and Simmonds as our "tough" guy who will...at least be big. God forbid we have any repeats our last year outmusclement from the Bruins.

And then Bryzgalov. He will be solid, not as good as MAF, Lundy, or Thomas, but he'll be what we have needed. At one point he will go on a bit of a skid, Bob will come up and challenge after Bryz becomes a "huge bust" for a few games, but in the end I wont have to be ranting on a nightly basis about Bob's overratedness.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to be honest, i actually think once this team gets some chemistry they will actually be better than the previous two years of flyers. i think the way they are structured is slightly better for lavy's system. in order to play lavy's system you need big and strong and hard working wingers, guys like simmonds and voracek and talbot add to this category. voracek has LOTS of upside from what i've read and people say his ceiling of potential could be very high if he taps into his skill set. in reality i feel our scoring wont be worse at all because you've essentially replaced carter's 80 points with voracek's 50-60 and richie's 60-70 points with simmond's 40 and then you have to include the development of JVR and giroux. if pronger is healthy and bryz lives up to the hype i think our defense will be a force to reckon with. lets just let this whole thing pan out, this team has a bright future and a bright present.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a long fucking month. Maybe the Eagles will hold me, MAYBE

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recon will be heading to the beach through this blasted Irene bitch. :wave:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers will struggle early

I fucked my post up. What I really wanted to say is that I believe the Flyers will struggle early on. However, I also believe they will gel at some point during the season. Lavi has his guys that he wants and I think it will show. I predict a 4 seed come playoff time.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is I predict a Philly loss on October 6th. ;)

As far as "hurricane thoughts", hope you all are safe and not affected too badly by the storm.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future is definitely bright with Giroux and JvR here to stay for years to come, also the added youth of Simmonds and Voracek, plus Schenn and Couturier on the way shortly. I'm not as sure about the future of the defense. Meszaros, Coburn and even Carle could be strong for years to come, but we don't know what we're going to get out of guys like Bartulis, Gustafsson, Marshall, Bourdon, Luukko, Lauridsen and company.

The cabinets are well stocked with a ton of prospects but other than Schenn and Couturier, none of them are really considered elite. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator: