• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Humiliation day for the B1G

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off-topic a bit, but in my opinion, a good coach is one who can devise a system based on the talent on the roster.

You want to see a good coach? Check out some of the DII and DIII programs that don't get to pick and choose their recruits. That's where you will find the best coaches.

I don't know. The higher you move up in competition the stricter criteria players must meet to make it work. I.e. You can't take a power oriented offense recruited on size and run blocking and convert them to a spread offense based on passing and speed and expect coaching to overcome the natural shortcomings of the players.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State losing to a good VT team isn't surprising, as their best player is on the sidelines for the season. Unranked Michigan losing to ranked Notre Dame, no matter the margin, isn't embarrassing or surprising. MSU losing to Oregon in Eugene, expected.

So why are these games such a big deal to all the non-B1G fans? Why do the B1G close wins like Iowa and Nebraska matter, but nobody else seems to mention equal or more embarrassing ones around the country. UCLA nearly lost to a terrible Memphis team. Mississippi State, a team that people were high on all offseason, was in a dogfight with UAB for a good portion of the game. Kansas State almost lost to a pretty bad Iowa State team that got the hell beat out of them by an FCS team last week. UNC almost lost to SDSU. Etc. Etc.

Seriously, if the B1G is so bad and irrelevant just stop talking about it.

So you're expecting the B1G to lose any big game they play in? If that's the case the conference shouldn't be considered a power 5 conference.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come up with that extremely original insult on your own?

Until the results of the Iowa vs Ball State game actually somehow matter, it's fucking annoying to hear about. Why are non-Nebraska fans so concerned with a close call win in week 2?

"OMG THE PAC12 IS SOOOO BAD UCLA WAS EXPOSED MOVE THEM TO THE MOUNTAIN WEST."

That's what this board fucking sounds like these days, it's tired.

iowa was expected to win 8 or 9 games this season. when they struggle that mightily against the MAC, it raises eyebrows against the entire conference.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iowa was expected to win 8 or 9 games this season. when they struggle that mightily against the MAC, it raises eyebrows against the entire conference.

Uh so I guess your "eyebrows are raised" by UCLA's performance so the PAC sucks. Iowa State actually lost to an FCS so raise them eyebrows on the Big 12!

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're expecting the B1G to lose any big game they play in? If that's the case the conference shouldn't be considered a power 5 conference.

Where did I say that? Michigan and Michigan State were underdogs. Ohio State's loss was not surprising, and not a "big game." I'd guess neither of those teams even end the season ranked.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say that? Michigan and Michigan State were underdogs. Ohio State's loss was not surprising, and not a "big game." I'd guess neither of those teams even end the season ranked.

Michigan was a 3 point dog and got blasted. And it could have been worse than the final indicated. And yes MSU was the underdog as well. But just because they were you automatically expect them to lose and be fine with them losing? How the hell is the conference going to change the perception of the league? They'll be underdogs in most big games based upon perception. And yes Ohio States loss, although not a big game, had a huge impact. They were a top 10 team at home and loss to an unranked Va Tech team. So you're predicting the B1G will end up with what 2 ranked teams at the end of the year if you don't think either of them will finish ranked?

The B1G had a dreadful weekend. I don't really see how you can possibly say otherwise or try to spin it. They went 0-4 against PFI top 50 teams with two of those games at home. The only way to change perception is to beat somebody good. And the close wins to garbage teams don't help the perception either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Nebraska lose to Fresno this weekend

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh so I guess your "eyebrows are raised" by UCLA's performance so the PAC sucks. Iowa State actually lost to an FCS so raise them eyebrows on the Big 12!

Yes UCLA has looked bad this year so far. My eyebrows are raised for them. But the difference is they have actually done something of substance the last 2 years like sweeping a home and home series with Nebraska. So I can see why they'd be getting the benefit of the doubt somewhat. And Iowa State sucks and was going to finish 9th or 10th anyway in the Big 12. Nebraska and Iowa were expected to fight for the conference title. Again looks bad for perception.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing for the big is that they don't have any good non-conference games upcoming to prove that they're not this bad. The only top 25 non-conference team left on their schedule is Notre dame who plays Purdue & northwestern

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, UCLA's performance raised my eyebrows against UVA because they were supposed to compete for the pac-12 ttle. however, they looked pretty mediocre in their 2nd game as well. i've dropped UCLA to 18th in my rankings and now have them as no better than the 4th and maybe the 6th best PAC-12 team. if they run the table in the pac-12, that will definitely make me rethink the pac-12's strength... depending on what else the conference does in non-conference play.

as for iowa state... i expected them to be awful. maybe not lose by 3 touchdowns to NDSU awful, but pretty bad. if iowa state had been expected to contend for the big 12 title, that would be more damning. if iowa state goes on to contend for the big 12 title, i will definitely rethink my opinion of the big 12.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing for the big is that they don't have any good non-conference games upcoming to prove that they're not this bad. The only top 25 non-conference team left on their schedule is Notre dame who plays Purdue & northwestern

maybe they just are that bad.