• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huerman tears ACL

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it pretty premature any article stating that JH was going to make a "huge" impact this season. He`s a rookie transitioning from an OSU scheme that was nowhere close to a "Pro" style offense and he got hurt first day of rookie camp. Where can I buy one of these crystal balls?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it pretty premature any article stating that JH was going to make a "huge" impact this season. He`s a rookie transitioning from an OSU scheme that was nowhere close to a "Pro" style offense and he got hurt first day of rookie camp. Where can I buy one of these crystal balls?

You are certainly right that it's not clear how much of a role he might have played this year. From what I've read about him, however, he is quite a good blocker who has the potential to develop into a good receiver too. Hate to see him lost for the entire year and hope he makes a full recovery.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I said it on this thread or on another Broncos board but I actually view this through a good light for this kid. First off there was a good chance that he would have had limited snaps this season. Too many decent veterans ahead of him for this year to really get him too many meaningful snaps. The second part of this though is he has a lis franc injury over a year ago. Now we all know how much of a jerk lis franc is with Clady, Bailey, and now Brandon Marshall all having it the past 3 years. Players take a long time to heal and sometimes never fully recover from it. So giving Heuerman some more time to let that actually heal up I think will actually work out better in the long run. ACL injuries really are nothing these days so using that as a way to then heal up the foot for a few more months could end up being better to keep Heuerman away from injuries for a bit.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I said it on this thread or on another Broncos board but I actually view this through a good light for this kid. First off there was a good chance that he would have had limited snaps this season. Too many decent veterans ahead of him for this year to really get him too many meaningful snaps. The second part of this though is he has a lis franc injury over a year ago. Now we all know how much of a jerk lis franc is with Clady, Bailey, and now Brandon Marshall all having it the past 3 years. Players take a long time to heal and sometimes never fully recover from it. So giving Heuerman some more time to let that actually heal up I think will actually work out better in the long run. ACL injuries really are nothing these days so using that as a way to then heal up the foot for a few more months could end up being better to keep Heuerman away from injuries for a bit.

That's an interesting way of thinking about it, cd. Totally agree that it's best to let the foot injury thoroughly heal. Hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

I guess my main concern is that we might be a bit thin at TE, particularly if Casey proves more valuable as a FB and or he or Daniels gets hurt. Also, after reading more about Huerman, I think that he might be a pretty good player, even though I wasn't overly enthused about the pick when we made it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting way of thinking about it, cd. Totally agree that it's best to let the foot injury thoroughly heal. Hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

I guess my main concern is that we might be a bit thin at TE, particularly if Casey proves more valuable as a FB and or he or Daniels gets hurt. Also, after reading more about Huerman, I think that he might be a pretty good player, even though I wasn't overly enthused about the pick when we made it.

Oh not saying it is all rainbows and butterflies with this as I do think he could have gotten a decent number of snaps and could have actually been a more vital player by the end of the year. Throw in the loss of depth at the position definitely hurts. I do worry about the position a bit as like you said good chance Casey plays more full back than actual TE honestly and behind Daniels and Green we really have nothing and the fact that a huge chunk of Kubiak's playbook is with 2-TE sets we very much limit ourselves by an injury. We have some no names though that hopefully one of them step up.