• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard to Rockets?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as it looks for the Lakers next season, a sweep by the Spurs is the best thing going right now.

as much as i flat-out DESPISE the arrogant bastards i don't see a sweep happening, though let's face it, i'd enjoy the HELL out of seeing the Heat crash and burn hard...:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make complete sense. I was just answering your question about where all the hate posts for Howard were. When did I say he shouldn't go through the process? I think he should. I've never had a problem with a free agent exploring his options.

Yes, every team new about the timing of the "Decision." It was a show advertised on TV. Everyone new Lebron was entertaining other offers.
What happened was Lebron received flak for not informing the Cavs of his decision prior to the "Decision."
I agree that he wasn't obligated to do it. I was simply showing why there haven't been hate posts for Howard since you were comparing it to what happened with Lebron. They are at different points of the process.

Because, if he had, it would have been public knowledge within probably 1 minute.
There was no way he could tell anybody but the Heat if he wanted to preserve the suspense of the show.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to read Mitch Kupchak saying that Howard is "the Lakers's future". What happens if the Lakers don't re-sign Howard? Does that mean the Lakers don't have a future?

The Lakers need to get younger and quicker. I would be happy having Howard, but not if that means surrounding him with old, slow veterans. That is not worth a billboard.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Silas. Have not heard from you in a while. That is the prevailing sentiment including Kobe's. But recognizing what everyone else knows and not doing a lick about like Short Buss is the Laker's modus operandi these days. All that has transpired across the hall and will continue along with tonight with the draft will certainly be interesting to say the least.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:Billboards Really? Howard to stay in LA, really? OK sign the piece of no offense and watch us sit at middle of the Western Conference the next 10 years because were paying the free throw wizard 100s of millions, really?:gaah: Bite the bullet Shortty, let Kobe sit, look at a bad 2013/14, get ride of DA, salary cap, worthless vets, and build a younger and more in the athletic group that us fans were use to in the 80s:nod:. Anything other than that is:lame:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:God I hope the free throw wizard read my posts and takes his :bullshit: attitude, :lame:excuses, his :bawling:mental position, :noidea:offensive game and goes as far away as possible. Worst thing that can happen, is Shorty hands him the :first: cash for his worthless game and demeaner.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that basketball is a big man's game, don't you?

And, as many of us have pointed out specifically for you previously, the Lakers have won a lot of titles on the backs of big men and we've also won a lot of titles recently with mediocre point guards. In fact, guard play is the easiest thing to shut down defensively.

The game is changing, dude. Guard play is more important today than it ever has been. The speed of the game and the 3 are more important than ever. And you need a good PG to feed your big man because everybody in the league is going to be trying to keep him from getting the ball.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersrule: There is the Lakers next headcoach-Maddog Madsen. The DUDE is in the house. Forget Don'tknowi!!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This off-season would be a good time to trade Gasol and Nash and amnesty Kobe. Kind of like the Rams, the Lakers need to build up some draft picks and rebuild this club for the long haul. I'd amnesty little buss , too.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This off-season would be a good time to trade Gasol and Nash and amnesty Kobe. Kind of like the Rams, the Lakers need to build up some draft picks and rebuild this club for the long haul. I'd amnesty little buss , too.

Won't happen. Kobe, Gasol and Nash will always fill up any coliseum but unknown rookies aren't as likely to fill up a basketball with air. Ask the Miami Marlins how that strategy is working out for them. The Pittsburgh Pirates are FINALLY starting to win some games with a bunch of rookies.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always the coach with Dwight when is he gonna realize he hasnt been a dominating player for years now and it aint the coaching he's receiving.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reported on 570AM that Mitch Kupchak says that "there have been no complaints about the offense or coach from Howard or his people"!!

I know that he kind of HAS to say that, so take it with a grain of salt!!

Also, Vic the Brick says Dwight loves L.A.!! Which is likely the kiss of death!!:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reported on 570AM that Mitch Kupchak says that "there have been no complaints about the offense or coach from Howard or his people"!!

I know that he kind of HAS to say that, so take it with a grain of salt!!

Also, Vic the Brick says Dwight loves L.A.!! Which is likely the kiss of death!!:lol:

yeah ESPN radio's been going on about it all day. in all honesty if he DOES stay i'll be mighty surprised, but I surely ain't expecting it...

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part of LA the free throw wizard will like is the Clippers locker room. Screw him, please go away head case.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Retro........too bad the Rams' FO can't run the Laker show for a couple of years and rebuild this team.

Can't wait for the Rams' season to start. I believe it will be a lot more interesting than what the Lakers have in store for themselves.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Silas: I KNOW Snead and Fisher, even with their limited knowledge of basketball players, could put together a better team than what SHort Buss has assembled and managed.

I can't wait either for the Rams season to begin. Want something to pump-you-up? Just go on the St Louis website and click on the vids of C. Long. Man, you'll want the season to start tomorrow.

Interestingly, there is a story being floated over on the yardbarker website that is stating sources that indicate the Lakers are quietly trying to remove Don'tknowi and re-insert Phil as head coach. They have just a couple of days to make their pitch but according to the article, Short Buss has already presented Phil with hypotheticals-whatever that means. What a screwy way to do business. First, put up billboards begging Howard to stay and then playing head games with Phil. Flippin idiot SHort Buss.

At any rate, this next week ought to be very interesting and the Rams will be in camp in four short weeks.