• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How would you grade the Warriors Draft Picks and Overall Draft?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was pretty entertaining from a perspective of us having 4 picks. I was trying to figure out why more trades didn't happen, but I think it's because the talent was so deep, teams felt they could get a nice player regardless of where they picked. Here's how I would grade the Warriors Draft:

#7- Harrison Barnes: A
I thought Barnes would definitely be gone by the time he fell into our laps at #7. The reason I give this grade an A was because it fit both the best player available and need picks for the Warriors all in one. He's ready to come in and contribute right away offensively with his shooting, but may need some time to adjust to the physicality of the game. I think his game will eventually be translated much better to the NBA than college.

#30- Festus Ezeli: B-
To be honest, I don't know that much about the guy other than he's built like a tank. West was a big proponent of him and so far he's 1 for 1 with Klay, so I may give him the benefit of the doubt. At #30, you're looking for a solid rotational player and I think he has a chance to do that. At worst, he can take up space in the paint, grab rebounds and alter shots around the rim. With our projected perimeter offense, that might be all we need from him. I would have put this at an A if we could have traded out of this spot for a 1st next year.

#35- Draymond Green: B
Green is a bit of a tweener but you can't knock his production. I think he may need to slim down a bit to try to be more of a 3 than a 3/4, but he's got terrific ball skills. I thought they might have used this pick to take a guy like Quincy Miller who has a higher upside, but I think the Warriors intend to use Green as a high post 4 off the bench. Solid Pick.

#52- Ognjen Kuzmic: N/R
This was a total luxury pick for the Warriors and if it pans out, it's a bonus. I know nothing about him other than his bio stats of being 7'0", 240lb, 22 year old center. Low Risk pick here, but with 3 solid ones before, no reason to hate this move.

Overall Draft for the Warriors:B+/A-

They addressed a couple of needs with a high projected SF and a Big Man Banger. They still need to get a solid backup 4 in free agency, but things are definitely looking up right now. Of course take all my ratings with a grain of salt because I'm definitely a homer, who's trying to be objective.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it an A. They filled a need and got a great player who luckily slipped to them at 7. They filled another need and drafted a player near where he was projected to go at 30. Then they got another player who slipped into their laps falling from the 20's to 35. The Warriors didn't want 4 rookies coming in so they did a draft and stash on a big piece of Euro hopefully not trash. Pretty much ideal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.

Good fortune went their way with Barnes slipping a tad and they made out good with what was left over with their other two picks (I'm not counting the last pick since he probably won't ever play)

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I give it an A. They filled a need and got a great player who luckily slipped to them at 7. They filled another need and drafted a player near where he was projected to go at 30. Then they got another player who slipped into their laps falling from the 20's to 35. The Warriors didn't want 4 rookies coming in so they did a draft and stash on a big piece of Euro hopefully not trash. Pretty much ideal.

Great Draft A, need to pick up a veteran defensive, rebounding forward! Go Warriors!!:rofl: