• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How will Michael Sam perform on the field?

How will Michael Sam perform on the field?

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• He'll never get consistent playing time because of his sexuality

• Total voters

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and thats what the last option should of said

Polls are limited to 12 options. I couldn't exactly cover every single scenario.

I think not being good enough to ever get on the field would qualify as awful.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam is always ranting that he wants to remain under the radar and be just about football like he is some exceptional talent and then entertains all sorts of offers like that cluster eff-job with Oprah. Seems to me the kid wants it both ways and to cash in on an opportunity when his level of performance at the pro level and the length of his pro career are going to last to about the end of training camp.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams have some good talent on that front. I don't see him being a starter anytime soon and wonder if he is even backup material

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how he'll do, or if he'll even make the cut. But, it's certainly a possibility. The abundance of talent on the Rams' line is pretty obvious. Eight spots are pretty much a lock. Quinn, Long, Hayes and Sims at DE... Brockers, Langford, Donald and Carrington at DT. Of course, Jeff Fisher has always carried 9 defensive linemen on the roster. The 8 aforementioned players aren't going anywhere... for anybody. Sam isn't competing with any of them. If he's to make the team, he's going to have to beat out the likes of Matt Conrath, Sammy Brown, Ethan Westbrooks and a whole host of special teamers at various positions. He could, conceivably, make himself more important to the team than any one of them.

I, for one, hope he's good enough to make the squad. I mean, we used a draft pick on this guy, albeit a 7th rounder. I can't recall any situation in which I ever rooted for a draft pick to not make the team. Seems to me, that actively hoping my team wasted a draft pick would be counter-productive. If he's a late round gem, that only bodes well for the Rams. If he's good enough to make the team, the Rams will keep him and he'll suit up week 1. If he's not good enough and there's a better player that can occupy that roster spot, then, sayonara. Thanks for playing.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam is a slightly above average edge rusher. He struggled one on one in the Senior Bowl to shed blocks. His biggest asset is his speed, he is not going to bull rush most tackles in this league.

He has intelligence and if he can play special teams, he may get a roster spot. But I do not anticipate him starting.

The bottom line is either he can play, or he can't. His sexuality has no bearing.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't make the team ,get sent on waivers...no other team will pick him up. He might end up on the Rams PS. He just doesn't have the talent to be a force in the NFL.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't make the team ,get sent on waivers...no other team will pick him up. He might end up on the Rams PS. He just doesn't have the talent to be a force in the NFL.

I highly doubt anyone with a brain in their head expects Sam to be "a force" in the NFL. Especially considering he would be a 3rd stringer, at best, in St. Louis. But, I don't get how so many people can be so sure he can't make a roster anywhere. I mean, he's the first SEC Defensive Player of the Year that I can ever recall having heard he hasn't the talent to play pro football.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polls are limited to 12 options. I couldn't exactly cover every single scenario.

I think not being good enough to ever get on the field would qualify as awful.

it would, but you stated it would be because of his sexuality, big difference

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct answer is he never plays in a real game because he gets cut after the last preseason game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The correct answer is he never plays in a real game because he gets cut after the last preseason game.

Bingo. This thing has been scripted from the beginning. It's insulting to my intelligence. Use a throw-away draft pick 6 slots before Mr. Irrelivant to sell some jerseys; say all kinds of great things about him; say he looks great in camp & preseason... and then "This was a difficult decision, but he just BARELY got beat out by another player, and I think he has a good chance to make another team" (which he won't).

In fact, if he makes the Rams' final roster or gets cut before the last preseason game, I'll change my avatar to "The tip" for week 1 of the NFL season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. This thing has been scripted from the beginning. It's insulting to my intelligence. Use a throw-away draft pick 6 slots before Mr. Irrelivant to sell some jerseys; say all kinds of great things about him; say he looks great in camp & preseason... and then "This was a difficult decision, but he just BARELY got beat out by another player, and I think he has a good chance to make another team" (which he won't).

In fact, if he makes the Rams' final roster or gets cut before the last preseason game, I'll change my avatar to "The tip" for week 1 of the NFL season.

:lol:

Thanks a lot asshole. Now I HAVE to actually pull for him to make that roster. :tsk:

Flambo Gus

Token Native Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trick question, he's never going to get an opportunity to perform on the field.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh he will perform on the field alright, but he will be wearing a dress and it will be at half time.

:suds:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best performance will be in the back seat of his new Mercedes.