• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How will Alex Smith do this weekend??

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say. If the O-line gives him time he will do good but if they are still in preseason form we're gonna see alot of GORE.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we all heard so many negative things about Alex smith to last us a life time...Its either he puts up or shut's up..he got the weapons let's go out there win it all..There is no more reasons why smith isn't able to get the job done...i look for us to start out with a early lead and continue from there....49ers 24 Seahawks 14

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Imac,

I don't think Gore played in those games. I hope you are right. It seems like someone always has a free shot at the forty-niner's quarterback.

I thought Gore played against new orleans for a little bit. I thought he missed a big blitz pick up too that he commmented and other writers commented about after the game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
New Orleans the offensive line did have some blitz pickup issues but their was a lot of just getting plain out manned.

Houston the blitz pickup wasn't really the problem but mainly the offensive line getting completely man handled by Houston.

But the line did play solid against the Raiders and Chargers so we're just not sure what the offensive line really is.

I tend to think of the Saints and Texans games as more aberrations than what to expect during the season mainly because the problems are very fixable as it was mostly due to sloppy fundamentals and techniques which can be cleaned up with a little more time spent on sharping them in practice and more mental focus from the line.

Also play calling should help because I think we're going to see a lot of Smith rolling out, play action, quick passes to the tight ends, and a healthy dose of Gore which will hopefully keep teams off balanced.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Hunter for a big play... but I'm not sure how much action he's gonna see.

The offense was so bland during the preseason I'd just be speculating out of my ass but... Maybe a TE seam big play... Maybe a Edwards one handed grab... Maybe even a Ginn go route. We definitely have some threats...

gore and hunter will be an excellent 1-2 punch. with how bad the offense has been, just need to pound the ball. the d should hold up.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's going to drop some nice darts to Davis and some slants to Edwards. Stat line will be something like 14/22 195yds 1td 1int.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was really close to closing this thread. If you wanna talk about Smith do it, there's no need to mention the ESPN board with it. Just get over it already.

I think its a shame that you said this. The fact you didn't close the thread is encouraging, however I believe the sad reality is that you will close threads because you disagree with the direction it went or worse yet the topic. I guarantee if you start doing that you will kill this board because eventually everyone of these posters will have a thread that you close simply because you disagree and have the power to do it. I assume everyone posting enjoys Freedom of Speech. Don't let this fake power get to your head.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a shame that you said this. The fact you didn't close the thread is encouraging, however I believe the sad reality is that you will close threads because you disagree with the direction it went or worse yet the topic. I guarantee if you start doing that you will kill this board because eventually everyone of these posters will have a thread that you close simply because you disagree and have the power to do it. I assume everyone posting enjoys Freedom of Speech. Don't let this fake power get to your head.

He doesn't want to give attention to those espn trolls.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no need to mention ESPN trolls or the ESPN forum in every Alex Smith thread. It's toxic and it gives unwarranted attention to the anti-Smith cesspool.

I've closed exactly TWO threads since I've became mod, both of which were started by trolls from the ESPN board, so don't tell me how to do my job. I find it odd, however, that your very first post is about this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's no need to mention ESPN trolls or the ESPN forum in every Alex Smith thread. It's toxic and it gives unwarranted attention to the anti-Smith cesspool.

I've closed exactly TWO threads since I've became mod, both of which were started by trolls from the ESPN board, so don't tell me how to do my job. I find it odd, however, that your very first post is about this.

I actually had like 1 maybe 2 posts before that one, but i guess the thread is gone, not that it matters. My only point was it seemed like a pretty obvious joke from the op. I think its a great thing that you guys get rid of the incessant anti 49er banter under the cowardly guise of "true fans". It was not a personal attack against you or how you do "your job", i see it more as a friendly advice thing to you and anyone who has that power. Just saying you know, don't start burning all the books because there are some you disagree with.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually had like 1 maybe 2 posts before that one, but i guess the thread is gone, not that it matters. My only point was it seemed like a pretty obvious joke from the op. I think its a great thing that you guys get rid of the incessant anti 49er banter under the cowardly guise of "true fans". It was not a personal attack against you or how you do "your job", i see it more as a friendly advice thing to you and anyone who has that power. Just saying you know, don't start burning all the books because there are some you disagree with.

As one of many regulars on this board, I hope Clyde & Ray continue with their ZERO tolerance policy on all the Alex Smith BS - There are plenty of 'other books' to read, and burning those 'books' is at the request of nearly every one on this board.

If you want to read incoherent, incompetent expressions about how awful Alex Smith, Jed York and the 49ers are, there is a place for that level of discussion and it is not here.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one of many regulars on this board, I hope Clyde & Ray continue with their ZERO tolerance policy on all the Alex Smith BS - There are plenty of 'other books' to read, and burning those 'books' is at the request of nearly every one on this board.

If you want to read incoherent, incompetent expressions about how awful Alex Smith, Jed York and the 49ers are, there is a place for that level of discussion and it is not here.

Your comments remind me of the Supreme Court's finding that Freedom of Speech is not infringed when the laws or regulations limit the time (protesting at midnight), place (yelling fire in a crowded theater), or manner (microphone at a grocery store). They've found that if the content is not limited, there are constitutional ways to meet the interests of the public without hurting the 1st Amendment. Often, the fact that there are other avenues to display your speech is one factor in allowing suppression - and this is for public places, not private. Plus, you're not the goverment.

Time, Place and Manner

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your comments remind me of the Supreme Court's finding that Freedom of Speech is not infringed when the laws or regulations limit the time (protesting at midnight), place (yelling fire in a crowded theater), or manner (microphone at a grocery store). They've found that if the content is not limited, there are constitutional ways to meet the interests of the public without hurting the 1st Amendment. Often, the fact that there are other avenues to display your speech is one factor in allowing suppression - and this is for public places, not private. Plus, you're not the goverment.

Time, Place and Manner

...And the point you were trying to make was?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did anyone notice that the one TD the offense made was when they were in the two minute drill? That seems to be where Alex Smith excells. I wonder if Harbaugh and company took notice of that.

It was also the only time when we actually let Smith throw the ball. We opened it up and the offense looked good. The 'Boys are banged up at CB. I think we're going to have to attack them to win this one, though hopefully we can make some inroads on the ground this week.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Personally, All the threating of deleting Alex Smith posts is overkill. He is the starting QB. It is the most important position on the team. It's time to get over what happend in the past.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally, All the threating of deleting Alex Smith posts is overkill. He is the starting QB. It is the most important position on the team. It's time to get over what happend in the past.

I agree with you and I don't think for a moment that deleting every AS thread is the intent. My comment was strictly pointed toward the espn trolls and their senseless BS, not toward anyone on this board at all.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And the point you were trying to make was?

Ahh... I see you have a life :). I had no point other than your post reminded me of that. (I'm finishing law school this December - which explains why I refer to the law every once in a while, post in novels, and don't post as much as some do). Someone who objects to closing a thread is like someone who objects that he cannot protest something, when indeed he can protest, just in a different time, place, or manner - like you said when you pointed out there are several places to bitch and moan about Alex and the ownership.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was also the only time when we actually let Smith throw the ball. We opened it up and the offense looked good. The 'Boys are banged up at CB. I think we're going to have to attack them to win this one, though hopefully we can make some inroads on the ground this week.

He seems to do better in a fast-paced offense where he just reads and reacts rather than thinking too much. Didn't Urban Meyer say as much when he was drafted? We must run the ball though, I agree, but who's to say we have to run to set up the pass? I remember a famous 49er coach who passed to set up the run in the 4th quarter.