• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How soon will Mark Jackson

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Start giving more playing time to the team's future?

Watching Klay Thompson get 10 minutes of court time last night against the Suns while Nate 'The Turnover' Robinson managed 32 minutes of court time is as frustrating as anything I have seen this season. I realize that the Warriors have won 2 consecutive games, but they are also 5-5 in their last 10 games and sitting in 12th place in the conference with a 13-17 record.

If Nate Robinson were helping keep the team in a playoff spot and winning games with his play, I could understand his extended playing time. But they are not and he is not. In fact, Nate Robinson is likely not even going to be on the team next year. So I don't see the reason for giving him extended minutes on the court. It is not helping the team this year and it sure as hell isn't doing them any good for future years either.

I know Jeremy Tyler is a raw player who needs more training before he can be considered a legit player, but watching Biedrins waste his 18 minutes of court time racking up more personal fouls than rebounds makes me wonder why he's even on the team any longer.

I'll give Jackson a pass for not playing Udoh much last nigh because dude was obviously hurting after banging his knee for a second time.

The Warriors need to stop believing that they are a playoff team this season and start looking to the future. Let the kids play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it was soon so we could also keep our pick.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching Klay Thompson get 10 minutes of court time last night against the Suns while Nate 'The Turnover' Robinson managed 32 minutes of court time is as frustrating as anything I have seen this season. I realize that the Warriors have won 2 consecutive games, but they are also 5-5 in their last 10 games and sitting in 12th place in the conference with a 13-17 record.

If Nate Robinson were helping keep the team in a playoff spot and winning games with his play, I could understand his extended playing time. But they are not and he is not. In fact, Nate Robinson is likely not even going to be on the team next year. So I don't see the reason for giving him extended minutes on the court. It is not helping the team this year and it sure as hell isn't doing them any good for future years either.

I know Jeremy Tyler is a raw player who needs more training before he can be considered a legit player, but watching Biedrins waste his 18 minutes of court time racking up more personal fouls than rebounds makes me wonder why he's even on the team any longer.

I'll give Jackson a pass for not playing Udoh much last nigh because dude was obviously hurting after banging his knee for a second time.

The Warriors need to stop believing that they are a playoff team this season and start looking to the future. Let the kids play.

As long as the Warriors float anywhere near .500, they're going to put in the players who are most ready to contribute. Nate Robinson is a veteran, who's had big games in the past. Klay has tremendous upside, but he's nowhere near consistent yet. Tyler is still a few years away from contributing. Even now Biedrins is a better option than Tyler(although that's not saying much either).

I do see them extending Udoh's minutes considerably in the second half. The dude changes the game, and he's continually making positive plays. Right now the Warriors don't have another viable option for a backup PG besides Robinson, who will get the bulk of the minutes. I hate to say it, but as much as Rush has been contributing, it's his minutes that should be given to Klay. Rush is a restricted FA after the season, but it's rumored that they won't re-up him for much, considering they have Klay in waiting. If that's the case, then eventually they'll have to start phasing Klay in more as the first wing off the bench.

I actually expect Rush to be moved around the deadline to a contender in need of a backup scorer. They may even be able to get a late 1st RD pick for him, which would be very valuable considering the Warriors won't likely keep their pick. This would make the most sense for the Warriors, if they're not at or above .500 by then. I believe a team like the Bulls, Hawks, Lakers, Clippers or Blazers, could all use him to boost their second teams and would likely give up that late 1st to acquire him.

Hopefully the Warriors get something done. Anything in a positive direction is a plus for me at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as the Warriors float anywhere near .500, they're going to put in the players who are most ready to contribute. Nate Robinson is a veteran, who's had big games in the past. Klay has tremendous upside, but he's nowhere near consistent yet. Tyler is still a few years away from contributing. Even now Biedrins is a better option than Tyler(although that's not saying much either).

I do see them extending Udoh's minutes considerably in the second half. The dude changes the game, and he's continually making positive plays. Right now the Warriors don't have another viable option for a backup PG besides Robinson, who will get the bulk of the minutes. I hate to say it, but as much as Rush has been contributing, it's his minutes that should be given to Klay. Rush is a restricted FA after the season, but it's rumored that they won't re-up him for much, considering they have Klay in waiting. If that's the case, then eventually they'll have to start phasing Klay in more as the first wing off the bench.

I actually expect Rush to be moved around the deadline to a contender in need of a backup scorer. They may even be able to get a late 1st RD pick for him, which would be very valuable considering the Warriors won't likely keep their pick. This would make the most sense for the Warriors, if they're not at or above .500 by then. I believe a team like the Bulls, Hawks, Lakers, Clippers or Blazers, could all use him to boost their second teams and would likely give up that late 1st to acquire him.

Hopefully the Warriors get something done. Anything in a positive direction is a plus for me at this point.

I have a fundamental disagreement with the idea that Robinson is playing at all. He brings nothing to the table for the Warriors. Curry and Monta should be the guards with Thompson getting most of the minutes when one of the two is out of the lineup. If both have to be out for some reason, THEN Robinson can play. But as soon as Monta or Curry checks back in, it should be Robinson who goes to the bench and not Thompson.

Knowing that Curry left last night with a tendon injury in his foot, I think that Golden State should give most of his minutes to Thompson and slide Monta to the point. Let Jenkins have first crack at backup minutes to Thompson and give Robinson Monta's breather minutes. Since Monta generally plays 40+ minutes per game, that gives Nate 8 minutes a game - which is about right.

Rush and Wright should be splitting the SF time.

Udoh, Lee, Tyler and Beans should be apportioned the PF/C minutes. In a perfect world, Udoh would be the starting PF and Tyler the C, but we all know that Tyler is still not ready for regular NBA minutes. So right now, Lee should be the starting PF and Udoh the starting C. Golden State needs to cut Chris Wright and bring in a legit PF to back up Lee. Leon Powe is still out there. He went to Cal too, making him a solid addition to the Bay Area culture.

Biedrins can back up Udoh at C right now and if Tyler ever shows he has the ability to handle 15-20 minutes a night, Beans should be shown the end of the bench for the rest of the year.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect when they return to Oracle after going 1-5 after the break, the FO will give Jackson the word to develop the kids. We'll also likely see a Monta trade then.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I expect when they return to Oracle after going 1-5 after the break, the FO will give Jackson the word to develop the kids. We'll also likely see a Monta trade then.

I hope so on the first part of your statement. I doubt it on the second. With the rumor that Curry has plantar fasciitis, I doubt that the FO moves Monta this year.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so on the first part of your statement. I doubt it on the second. With the rumor that Curry has plantar fasciitis, I doubt that the FO moves Monta this year.

Yeah, I guess we'll see. I don't see the Lacob/West/Myers brain trust as a reluctant one to pull off a big trade. I think they're smart and will realize when we get back home that the season is over and we'll need to lose games to keep our pick. Also, dealing Monta may secure us another first rounder in addition to hopefully balancing out the roster.

How about Monta and Avi for Howard? Works on the trade machine.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I guess we'll see. I don't see the Lacob/West/Myers brain trust as a reluctant one to pull off a big trade. I think they're smart and will realize when we get back home that the season is over and we'll need to lose games to keep our pick. Also, dealing Monta may secure us another first rounder in addition to hopefully balancing out the roster.

How about Monta and Avi for Howard? Works on the trade machine.

I would do that deal in a white hot minute. Even knowing that Howard did not want to stay in Oakland, that is a TREMENDOUS deal for the Warriors.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a 3 team trade involving the Warriors, Hornets and Magic.

GS Trades: Monta Ellis, David Lee & Dorell Wright
Receives: Dwight Howard & Hedo Turkoglu

NO Trades: Chris Kaman
Receives: David Lee

ORL Trades: Dwight Howard & Hedo Turkoglu
Receives: Chris Kaman, Monta Ellis & Dorell Wright

Hornets ship out Kaman who they were looking to move for a great offensive PF to pair with Okafor when he's healthy.

Orlando receives back Monta, Kaman and Wright, who will allow them to still be competitive this year. Kaman's contract comes off the books this year which will give them some cap relief if they choose not to resign him. They also rid themselves of Turk's contract.

Warriors get back Howard and make them an instant contender this year. Warriors take back Turk's contract, but they still have manageable cap room this offseason to acquire a few more pieces. A lineup of Curry, Rush/Klay, Turkoglu, Udoh & Howard pushes them to an instant playoff team, with a chance of contending.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I wanna see more Thompson. Much more.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hornets ship out Kaman who they were looking to move for a great offensive PF to pair with Okafor when he's healthy.

Orlando receives back Monta, Kaman and Wright, who will allow them to still be competitive this year. Kaman's contract comes off the books this year which will give them some cap relief if they choose not to resign him. They also rid themselves of Turk's contract.

Warriors get back Howard and make them an instant contender this year. Warriors take back Turk's contract, but they still have manageable cap room this offseason to acquire a few more pieces. A lineup of Curry, Rush/Klay, Turkoglu, Udoh & Howard pushes them to an instant playoff team, with a chance of contending.

That is a fantastic trade for all three teams.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the first reasonable, team-friendly, fan-based Howard trade that I've seen.

EDIT: Rep available and earned.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that deal in a white hot minute. Even knowing that Howard did not want to stay in Oakland, that is a TREMENDOUS deal for the Warriors.

Agreed. Even if Howard walks, I think we get assets on a S&T. He won't leave $20MM+ on the table. If he DID walk and we got nothing for him (unlikely, but possible I suppose), we'd have a payroll of:

Beans $9MM
DW 4.1
Udoh 3.5
Curry 4.0
Thompson 2.3

or about $23MM committed. Say Howard won us enough games to lose our draft pick. We'd be $35MM (approx) under the cap, with Udoh, Curry and Thompson. The question at that point is would you trade Curry to get rid of Beans?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the first reasonable, team-friendly, fan-based Howard trade that I've seen.

EDIT: Rep available and earned.

I dunno, if I'm the Magic, I hold out for Bynum. He's better than any piece of this trade.