• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much will the Seahawks regress without Earl Thomas?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank Seahawks I wouldn't want to lose, I think he's probably number 2 behind Wilson. That being said there are enough playmakers on the defense for them still to be good I think. We probably won't know for sure until the season is over

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing any key player, especially a probowl caliber player hurts...imo DEF is an 11 man job and no one player should really derail an otherwise good DEF...the subbing player is obviously not going to be as good as Thomas, but the DEF should still be able to make stops and get off the field.

If you only have 1 legit pass rusher and you lose him, you're in trouble. You lose your QB, you're in trouble...most other players you won't be as effective, but you shouldn't be in trouble.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank Seahawks I wouldn't want to lose, I think he's probably number 2 behind Wilson. That being said there are enough playmakers on the defense for them still to be good I think. We probably won't know for sure until the season is over
If Terrell hadn't stepped in and been efficient. I wouldn't want to lose Bobby or KJ or Sherm, then probably Earl.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, holy hell. Since I'm the one who posted that, any other fictional words you want to put in my mouth? FFS, I'm in the Gronk thread using Thomas as an example of how Seattle WOULD take a hit by Thomas being injured.

Good fucking grief.
So now you're saying Seattle won't win another game without Earl?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, holy hell. Since I'm the one who posted that, any other fictional words you want to put in my mouth? FFS, I'm in the Gronk thread using Thomas as an example of how Seattle WOULD take a hit by Thomas being injured.

Good fucking grief.

You made reference that the team that scored 3 points was no longer the team that scored 3 points with your specific reasoning being as you stated. "Britt is not injured anymore" So because he was not injured anymore that 3 point team does not exist and with him they just scored 40.

It will not matter if Thomas is out and the D allows another TD or two as with Britt you will get your 40 and will be able to overcome the less talented defense

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made reference that the team that scored 3 points was no longer the team that scored 3 points with your specific reasoning being as you stated. "Britt is not injured anymore" So because he was not injured anymore that 3 point team does not exist and with him they just scored 40.

It will not matter if Thomas is out and the D allows another TD or two as with Britt you will get your 40 and will be able to overcome the less talented defense

I have no idea now what the fuck you're trying to say. I used Thomas as an example of a talented player being out of the lineup. That's it. Britt plays O, while Thomas plays D. So wtf are you talking about now?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea now what the fuck you're trying to say. I used Thomas as an example of a talented player being out of the lineup. That's it. Britt plays O, while Thomas plays D. So wtf are you talking about now?

Ok lets start over: My post in this thread was made because of what had suggested in this thread Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread when you replied to my reply of a Seahawk poster. Your reply to my reply told me that because Britt is back there is no way that Seattle will only score 3 points because now that he was back last week you can see they can put up 40 as they did against the Panthers.

So lets review:

Here is the post I responded too in post 466

Guywithtoaster said:
If seattle can beat the pats on their turf, they can beat GB

Lambeaulegs said:
But which team will show up the one that went to NE or the one that scored 5 points in Tampa? If you can answer that tell me some good lottery numbers. This game is all over the table and could go a variety of ways just have to sit down and see what the hell happens on Sunday

you then replied to what I posted above:

chf said:
Is Justin Britt injured?

Your reply to my reply is telling me that with Britt in they play great and can put up 40 points like last week as they could only score 3 when he was missing in Tampa.

With that info that you shared with me in that thread I was enlightened and saw the light and was thinking when I saw the title of this thread that is makes no difference if Thomas is out. Wiht your offense now having All Pro Center Britt in the game they will be able to put up 40 and it wont make a damn but of difference if the defense lets another TD or two be scored on them because Thomas is out. The Seahawks will be able to outscore most anyone with Britt in the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok lets start over: My post in this thread was made because of what had suggested in this thread Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread when you replied to my reply of a Seahawk poster. Your reply to my reply told me that because Britt is back there is no way that Seattle will only score 3 points because now that he was back last week you can see they can put up 40 as they did against the Panthers.

So lets review:

Guywithtoaster said:

Lambeaulegs said:
But which team will show up the one that went to NE or the one that scored 5 points in Tampa? If you can answer that tell me some good lottery numbers. This game is all over the table and could go a variety of ways just have to sit down and see what the hell happens on Sunday

chf said:
Is Justin Britt injured?

Your reply to my reply is telling me that with Britt in they play great and can put up 40 points like last week as they could only score 3 when he was missing in Tampa.

With that info that you shared with me in that thread I was enlightened and saw the light and was thinking when I saw the title of this thread that is makes no difference if Thomas is out. Wiht your offense now having All Pro Center Britt in the game they will be able to put up 40 and it wont make a damn but of difference if the defense lets another TD or two be scored on them because Thomas is out. The Seahawks will be able to outscore most anyone with Britt in the game.
Welcome to the Seattle spin zone. It's a vortex and almost impossible to get out from it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 472 of this thread

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

I responded to a post that said he felt confident that the Seahawks would beat GB at Lambeau because they took care of New England in New England. I then replied what I copied below. Which then got the response asking if Britt was now injured which was asked because he was injured against Tampa bit not against the Panthers.

So this means the difference between the 3 points in Tampa and the 40 Points against the Panthers is because Britt was not injured against the Panthers. He kept Wilson on his feet with his pass blocking and opened up all the holes for Rawls which I was glad for because I had him on my fantasy team and helped me win $25 last week. My guess is he will make the pro bowl with him making that much of a difference if he is in there or not.

LambeauLegs said:

chf said:

Is Justin Britt injured?
It should not matter at all as I have been told Britt is the most important one on the team for them to succeed. Without him they only score 3 points and with him they score 40
You somehow extrapolated that from the Britt injured remark?
Massive reach LL. Totally off base.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should not matter at all as I have been told Britt is the most important one on the team for them to succeed. Without him they only score 3 points and with him they score 40
You somehow extrapolated that from the Britt injured remark?
Massive reach LL. Totally off base.

Please go read post 29 it explains everything and I understood it just as he meant it

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So lets review:

Guywithtoaster said:

Lambeaulegs said:

chf said:
Is Justin Britt injured?

Still have; no idea wtf you're on about.

I'm sure the logic makes sense in your own mind. WTF does Britt being in have to do with whether Aaron Rodgers can go deep more easily with Thomas out?

Britt has to do with whether a stout D manages to make Wilson look like a scrub.

Anything FURTHER than that is purely in your own imagination. I didn't say it, or imply it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LL is so nervous about this game. Packers season is over on Sunday and he knows it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LL is so nervous about this game. Packers season is over on Sunday and he knows it.
I think you're right. Hope you're not. But, in the mean time get over to the Hawk/Pack hate thread. The 12s need you badly.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you're saying Seattle won't win another game without Earl?

He's also the most interesting man in the world.

It's pretty obvious. Without Earl we're the Cleveland Browns.

I hear Justin Britt was preparing to step in as Free Safety though. Pete is also considering starting Britt at at center, left tackle and right guard.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add

The REAL UW (Washington) > Wisconsin

Oh well at least Wisconsin has some quality losses to brag about!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None, nada, not a bit, ziltch, a tad, not at all, barely, ET who, slim to none. Don't you know we're the the best 1 SB win team EVA?
~The 12s~:first:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl can't be replaced, he's just that good ... His replacement Terrell is decent though, definitely not Earl level but he'll do a respectful job ..
Seattle won't miss a beat... Their defense doesn't rely on just one player.