• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How is Case Keenum not a top 10 pick?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is no one knows. It's easy to point to the mannings and Breeses because they were big time talents coming out of H.S. No way they were going to end up at Houston.

While Keenum may be playing against some crappy Defenses, he's playing with clearly sub-par talent across the board compared to what Manning, Brady, Brees, Lienart, and even Sanchez (and he's awful, I don't care what anyone says) had at their schools. So, while those guys played in better conferences, they had better surounding cast to help them out.

Houston will be lucky to have 1 other kid drafted, and chacnes are it would be a WR that Keenum threw to.

If I ran an offense like the Saints, Pats, GB, or Ind I would take a shot at Keenum. He would fit right in under those circumstances as a good backup and should feel very comfortable since all of those offense runs 90% of their passing snaps out of the shotgun.

Bottom line no one ever knows. Hell, no one wanted Brady or Montana, or Jerry rice...and everyone knew that Ki-Jana Carter was the best RB to come out in the draft in years...point being...it's always a crap-shoot. It's a complete myth that there is a sure-fire player who will succeed..including Luck.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd or 4th round picks are valuable and should be used to address pressing needs. You can get a day 1 starter in those rounds so unless the Bengals are loaded with depth, you are better off picking someone at a position of need with those picks.

I need to watch some more Keenum film to give him a real grade bu the NFL guys don't have him ranked very high, and they know a lot more than any of us.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a list a mile long of guys like this. Guys like Chang, Detmer, Klingler, Brennan, etc etc.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a list a mile long of guys like this. Guys like Chang, Detmer, Klingler, Brennan, etc etc.

Yep.

And then you also have the sure fire, can't miss guys like:

Leaf. Carr. Couch. Harrington. McNown. Mirer. Shuler. Schlichter. J.Russel.

Most of these guys came out of big time conferences, with big time expectations because of their Pedigree, schools, and stats. Most of these guys were unanimous in their acclaim to be the "next great QB" by the "pundits" of the NFL and their scouts.

How did they do?

Every year there are guys out of D-II and D-III schools that make it in the NFL and go on to have good, productive careers. Just because they didn't play in a superior conference against superior opponents doesn't mean they can't get the job done on Sunday.

Does that mean Keenum will be a star? Nope. Does that mean he'll be a dude? We don't know. It's easy to point out the list of failures from smaller time colleges because, yes, there are more of them the fail (or are never given a chance) but I think most people tend to forget the busts coming out of big time colleges that put up good numbers and failed miserably at the NFL level.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, he has a chance, but it's a much smaller chance than guys who play better competition in an offense not built to put up big numbers.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is much less about where you played as about technique, coaching and physical ability. You can not judge a quarterback based on competition, stats or even film alone. You have to work them out and time them, watch them, ask them to make reads and throw specific balls. It really is a science for these guys.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is much less about where you played as about technique, coaching and physical ability. You can not judge a quarterback based on competition, stats or even film alone. You have to work them out and time them, watch them, ask them to make reads and throw specific balls. It really is a science for these guys.

Yep.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets see.

Kramer says Case Keenum is a top 10 talent

Guarantees L's for the Jets and Broncos

has this moron ever been right about anything?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's purposely wrong for the sake of parody, at least that's what I get out of it.

I give him credit for predicting the success of Tebow reverse intuitively as satire.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody takes kman all that seriously......he's a caricature of himself.....just enjoy the ride....

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's purposely wrong for the sake of parody, at least that's what I get out of it.

I give him credit for predicting the success of Tebow reverse intuitively as satire.
It took me a while to peel the layers of that onion....

no, not really

c'mon Kramer, if you're gonna get it wrong, get it right!