• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How good would Antonio Brown be if he had Drew Brees

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just talking to a friend (Steelers fan) and we concluded that Brown would benefit more having Brees (Saints prime) as his QB as opposed to Big Ben

I think Big Ben would benefit more having a Julio Jones type of WR than Brown.

What do you guys think?

If Antonio Brown had young Saints prime Drew Brees, would he eclipse 2000 yds?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Ben has always had one guy that he just force fed no matter what. I remember when Mike Wallace was one of the top few WR's in the league. That ended fast. Whereas Drew Brees spreads the ball around a ton. He makes everyone look good, but nobody really was gonna get 2k yards from him.

I think Brown is probably in one of the best positions in the league.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Ben has always had one guy that he just force fed no matter what. I remember when Mike Wallace was one of the top few WR's in the league. That ended fast. Whereas Drew Brees spreads the ball around a ton. He makes everyone look good, but nobody really was gonna get 2k yards from him.

I think Brown is probably in one of the best positions in the league.

I think Brees spreads the ball around because 1) he has great vision and understanding of the offense and opposing defenses but also 2) he has never had a true stud at wr

Guys like Peyton has had a Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne, Brady had Moss for a bit, Montana had Rice, etc.

I think Brown's precise route running and great hands would fit perfectly with someone as accurate as Brees. In my opinion Ben's best asset is his deep ball and his ability to buy time in the pocket with his sheer size. So him having a Julio Jones would be the best fit for him.

2000 yds is hard to get for a WR but considering Brees is someone who regularly throws for 4500-5000 yds with 35-40 + tds, I think Antonio Brown would definitely get it with Brees in his Saints prime

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Antonio is getting about the best he can out of Roethlisberger (when he's healthy).

I don't think of Brees as ever having one go to guy. Colston had a few good years and after that a couple years with Graham as one of the games best TEs, but that's the extent of Brees ever having a #1 go to guy. He just isn't that type of QB.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say he would be any better or worse, the dude is a top level talent. His stats however might take a hit on a Bree's QB'd team cause he likely would see less targets as Brees spreads the ball around more and Big Ben looks AB's way so often. May be a toss up?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the others in thinking Brees isn't the QB I would choose... Someone like Rodgers rather. Deadly accurate and loves his go-to WRs. Brees spreads the ball because he's an incredibly efficient QB. I don't think there are any QBs in the league that can rival his checkdown progressions. If AB wasn't open within the 1-2second window that Brees looked his way, then Brees wouldn't even be looking his way any more. Someone like Rodgers can buy time to get the matchups he wants. Not sayin Brees doesn't do that because he does, only that Rodgers is better at it.

Not trying to knock Ben at all, because I think AB is in as great a position as any. Ben will be a 1st ballot HOFer without question. But realistically I know Ben has his down games, and gets hurt more often than most (and the Steelers have done very little to provide a reliable QB2).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's ability to extend plays allows Brown to wreak havoc on secondaries.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clownques.png

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting you chose Brees... The funny thing is both Big Ben and Brees are Home field QBs, and away they are not very good...

Antonio Brown is a great WR, but not sure if he would flourish in an offense that doesn't force him the ball... He is not a tall Receiver, so a team that spreads the ball more might forget about brown occasionally... But the Pittsburgh situation forces him the ball...

the saints do spread the ball a lot, but lots of that is because they have so many weapons... If you just swapped Big ben with Brees, and kept the same situation, I would still rather have Big ben since the steelers don't have a great offensive line...

So it really is an impossible question to answer...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically if we ever had an AB/Brees connection, AB would still get RIDICULOUS stats. Looking back at it, Brees still found a way to spread around passes with Jimmy Graham still being the clear number 1 option for us. However with all of that being said, I think AB has it pretty good in Pittsburgh stats wise, because Ben tends to rely on him alot

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown's been great with Big Ben, don't know if he could be even better with Brees.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the same. Brown is a beast Big Ben is a beast and Brees is a beast.