• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is going to have to go all out, or they won't make the playoffs
if LeBron spends any more than 2 weeks "resting" or hurt, they are fucked...though that mightve been his plan this year- to film movies in May- get some rest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if LeBron played 0 games the win totals would be pretty similar.

But, the Lakers have a MUCH tougher schedule by virtue of playing in the West.

Kevin Love is among the most overrated players in the entire league. He will post better numbers than anybody on the Lakers (aside from from LeBron), but in terms of overall impact on both ends, players like Ingram are pretty similar.

If Love were so great, the Celtics would not have been upset when he was declared out for game 7.

Lastly, much of what you posted here is about fit. There are many players on the Lakers better than Korver, but probably none who fit LeBron as well as Korver does.

Are George Hill and Rondo a wash? In terms of fit, maybe, but not ability. Rondo is significantly better, but again, Hill fits LEBron better than Rondo does.
Irving WAY overated- until he leaves the Cavs

Love- way overated- until h e is traded i am sure.

I dont know what you are smoking- but a big man that is one of the best outside shooters in NBA history, that is an elite rebounder, and that is one of the best passing big men since Wes Unseld is the PERFECT type of big man for todays game. AT LEAST 18 and 10 with 40% from 3 and a good passing...lol....overated though? what a joke.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know what you are smoking- but a big man that is one of the best outside shooters in NBA history, that is an elite rebounder, and that is one of the best passing big men since Wes Unseld is the PERFECT type of big man for todays game. AT LEAST 18 and 10 with 40% from 3 and a good passing...lol....overated though? what a joke.

We have been over this.

Irving has improved, specifically with regards to his defense which was one of my biggest issues with him. But, people want to insert him into the MVP conversation, so yeah, he is still overrated.

As for Love, he is a very good offensive player.

But, he is a defensive liability AND he doesn't create offense very well. Show me a team whose best player can't create offensive opportunities and I will show you a bad NBA team. Love is a good offensive player, not an elite one.

Every time we have this conversation you repeat the same things over and over without any mention of his limitations. If Love ever were traded, I would give it less than 24 hours before you brought up some of the very things I am now.

When Laker fans want to discuss Kuzma, you are quick to bring up his defensive limitations and state that stretch 4s who don't defend are "a dime a dozen in the NBA". Thing is, Kuzma projects as a better defender than Love if he isn't already.

Stop playing both sides. You are the biggest hypocrite on these boards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You implying that I am underrating these guys because they are Cavs is hilarious.

I do think our valuations on Love will be pretty similar if Love is traded, but I won't be the one changing mine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been over this.

Irving has improved, specifically with regards to his defense which was one of my biggest issues with him. But, people want to insert him into the MVP conversation, so yeah, he is still overrated.

As for Love, he is a very good offensive player.

But, he is a defensive liability AND he doesn't create offense very well. Show me a team whose best player can't create offensive opportunities and I will show you a bad NBA team. Love is a good offensive player, not an elite one.

Every time we have this conversation you repeat the same things over and over without any mention of his limitations. If Love ever were traded, I would give it less than 24 hours before you brought up some of the very things I am now.

When Laker fans want to discuss Kuzma, you are quick to bring up his defensive limitations and state that stretch 4s who don't defend are "a dime a dozen in the NBA". Thing is, Kuzma projects as a better defender than Love if he isn't already.

Stop playing both sides. You are the biggest hypocrite on these boards.
Love actually gets fairly good defense ratings by the metrics...ya know why? because he is one of the best defensive rebounders in the NBA. and THAT MATTERS. Kuzma is smaller than Love as well and not even CLOSE to the rebounder. Love's highlight in the NBA championship was him moving his feet and shutting down Steph Curry not once but TWICE.

Love is an elite passer, shooter and rebounder and a 5 time all star and NBA Champion. I will just sit here and laugh at you. He has made the last 2 all star teams.

How many big men are better in the East?

Porzingis, Embiid- Giannis if you count him as a big man, -- end of fucking list. lol

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Personally I don't see the Lakers team as being far more talented than last year's Cavs team. Kevin Love is better than anyone on the Lakers. George Hill and Rajon Rondo are, IMO, about a wash. Korver is a better shooter, by a lot, than anyone on the Lakers.

If Lebron were to blow out his knee in the pre-season, how many games would this Lakers team win? How many games will the Cavs win this season? I don't see there being a huge difference between the two. I could be wrong though.
Rondo and Hill are a wash? Rondo was part of the reason the Pels played as well as they did in the playoffs....Hill showed he's in decline.

Hypothetically.....If James blew out his knee and missed the season....they could still win 40-42 games if the kids showed continued development.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love actually gets fairly good defense ratings by the metrics...ya know why? because he is one of the best defensive rebounders in the NBA. and THAT MATTERS. Kuzma is smaller than Love as well and not even CLOSE to the rebounder. Love's highlight in the NBA championship was him moving his feet and shutting down Steph Curry not once but TWICE.

Love is an elite passer, shooter and rebounder and a 5 time all star and NBA Champion. I will just sit here and laugh at you. He has made the last 2 all star teams.

Porzingis, Embiid- Giannis if you count him as a big man, -- end of fucking list. lol

Tallest midget contest?

The best talent is in the WC.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horford is better.

Because defense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do some grocery shopping and get some gas....need to get it done early so I don't have to move the rest of the weekend.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And HOT is in the forecast.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the East sucks, so there is that.

But I am defintely taking Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond over Love (contracts not withstanding), and there is a damn good case to be made for Al Horford who is bit as good offensively, but at least comparable overall because of his defense.

Your ability to overrate Cavs is astounding.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do some grocery shopping and get some gas....need to get it done early so I don't have to move the rest of the weekend.
And done.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the East sucks, so there is that.

But I am defintely taking Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond over Love (contracts not withstanding), and there is a damn good case to be made for Al Horford who is bit as good offensively, but at least comparable overall because of his defense.

Your ability to overrate Cavs is astounding.
Yeah, me too. As long as they are healthy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question:

Why do you always assume people are getting upset when they are debating a topic here?

Back and forth discussions do tend to play like arguments. It is literally why we are all here. But just because people are engaged in a back and forth it does not mean they are upset.

There's a big difference. People who tend to get upset are those who can't let things go.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference. People who tend to get upset are those who can't let things go.

Eh.

See, to me that is what makes this place fun. It would be boring as hell if everybody just made one post about the topic and never engaged with people who disagree. We are here to debate NBA topics.

I think it is fair to assume that if this forum was so upsetting for people, there wouldn't be so many regular posters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

See, to me that is what makes this place fun. It would be boring as hell if everybody just made one post about the topic and never engaged with people who disagree. We are here to debate NBA topics.

I think it is fair to assume that if this forum was so upsetting for people, there wouldn't be so many regular posters.

I agree that is exactly what makes this place fun.

But then there are those that have a meltdown or talk random shit just for the hell of it and when they get called on it they lose it.

Trust me I have two teenage daughters, I know when people get upset.