• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How does Oregon not make the adjustments needed to beat Stanford?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know damn well that the Tree is the one team standing between them and the BCS title game, and they get beaten by the exact same blueprint two years in a row. That's poor coaching.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know damn well that the Tree is the one team standing between them and the BCS title game, and they get beaten by the exact same blueprint two years in a row. That's poor coaching.

might have something to do with going 0-3 in the red zone before finally scoring. Stanford outplayed them throughout, but Oregon played a terrible game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in that game last night did Stanford run the exact same power play to the same gap and convert every single one of them? Oregon is built for speed and clearly can't beat a power team that is as well coached as Stanford with the type/size of kids they have. Oregon brought up every player into the box and couldn't stop them. There is no amount of coaching that can change that match up.

I honestly thought the Oregon players looked a bit nervous early on in that game. They didn't have the same swagger they normally play with. Mariota was not making quick smart decisions and they weren't hitting as hard and fast as usual on defense. Stanford threw them off their game and it showed.

Oregon would have to change who they are to beat them and I'm not sure that is in their best interest long term.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
await the graduation of this SR class of beasts in football pads and pray the next group isnt as good.

Other teams try to do what Stanford does. But the guys in pads are big enough, strong enough, disciplined enough, and coached well enough to pull it off.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
await the graduation of this SR class of beasts in football pads and pray the next group isnt as good.

Other teams try to do what Stanford does. But the guys in pads are big enough, strong enough, disciplined enough, and coached well enough to pull it off.

I wonder if David Shaw can continue to bring in the same style of players that Jim Hairball did.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if David Shaw can continue to bring in the same style of players that Jim Hairball did.

He has got guys that do what Stanford does.

But this class is unbelievable. I mean, they are graduating one of the best classes in PAC 12 football history.

HArd nose, great football players that are as tough as hammered cat shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaw is one of the most talked about names in the college ranks among the NFL teams right now. If he can run the table I'd be shocked to see him return next year and that may be the best news duck fans can get about now.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has got guys that do what Stanford does.

But this class is unbelievable. I mean, they are graduating one of the best classes in PAC 12 football history.

HArd nose, great football players that are as tough as hammered cat shit.

I agree

I love the way they play the game. We have to deal with these fucks last game of the season. I hope we learn from Oregon's mistakes.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon just wasn't strong enough, they were the literally weaker team. Stanford imposed it's will and there was nothing Oregon could do about it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

I love the way they play the game. We have to deal with these fucks last game of the season. I hope we learn from Oregon's mistakes.

Stanford can be beat. Just not by this Oregon team.

Stanford's strength is Oregon's weakness.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is one of the most talked about names in the college ranks among the NFL teams right now. If he can run the table I'd be shocked to see him return next year and that may be the best news duck fans can get about now.

I could see him staying one more season and then bolting.

His game plan is the exact same has Hairball's, and Hairball is successful right now in the NFL. Maybe the same success for Shaw?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon just wasn't strong enough, they were the literally weaker team. Stanford imposed it's will and there was nothing Oregon could do about it.

ya they pretty much punched Oregon in the nose over and over.

Reminds me of the pre Tyson Douglas fight.

Stand up to him and throw blow after blow until he falls.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford can be beat. Just not by this Oregon team.

Stanford's strength is Oregon's weakness.

Oregon has to get tougher, meaner.

Stanford is just too damn physical, and they're clearly Oregon's kryptonite.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like this didn't use to happen all of the time in college football. Power running is historically a very viable thing to do in college football and Stanford is technically sound and strong at the point of attack.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him staying one more season and then bolting.

His game plan is the exact same has Hairball's, and Hairball is successful right now in the NFL. Maybe the same success for Shaw?

Is Harblah that great of a HC? Or was he fortunate enough to get his shot on a team with the resources and talent of an already decent program? If Shaw stays at Stanford it would probably only be because he didn't get an offer from a team he felt he could turn into something that would allow him to stick up there for a while.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came down to size. Oregon's DL is long and athletic. Not big enough to deal with 6-8 320lb lineman coming at them. Oregon has built their D on the principal of beating the spread. That means leaner, and faster guys. Not stronger which is needed against an offense like Stanford.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same people that just bludgeoned Oregon are the ones who've been bludgeoning people since that ship turned around. It's a remarkable group of players on the defensive side.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only plan for getting punched in the mouth is to punch back, or lay On the mat and bleed.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol dam Mamba, I just glanced, and thought this was a post by Wallace. I was thinking that's the best post I've seen from that dude. :laugh3:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Harblah that great of a HC? Or was he fortunate enough to get his shot on a team with the resources and talent of an already decent program? If Shaw stays at Stanford it would probably only be because he didn't get an offer from a team he felt he could turn into something that would allow him to stick up there for a while.

I do think Hairball walked into an already good team in San Fransisco.

But at Stanford I give him credit for turning around a door mat program. He made that team physical, he gave that team an attitude.