• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do the Patriots do it?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike every single team in the NFL past or present, the NEPattiots have ramined a dominate team for 12-13 years w a changing roster and changing assistant coaches. How do they do it? I am very suspicious although I've not a shred of evidence that they cheat and can't imagine that if they are cheating what sort of system must they have in place? I simply can not understand how they defy logic and history that says no NFL team can remain dominate for very long. Tonight, they gained 14 yards rushing the ball. I would be willing to bet that the total yards gained running is the least amount gained in any playoff game ever and still win. They seem to cover every wide receiver like a glove, don't give yards after the catch and get fooled hardly ever and except for a few games here and there over that long time period, is in every game right up to the end. It simply defies logic. It is not the same to compare them to the NBA or the Spurs specifically because if you have the right 5 guys you can win a lot in the NBA. I realize this is a Warriors thread, but this question of Patriots' dominance is perplexing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike every single team in the NFL past or present, the NEPattiots have ramined a dominate team for 12-13 years w a changing roster and changing assistant coaches. How do they do it? I am very suspicious although I've not a shred of evidence that they cheat and can't imagine that if they are cheating what sort of system must they have in place? I simply can not understand how they defy logic and history that says no NFL team can remain dominate for very long. Tonight, they gained 14 yards rushing the ball. I would be willing to bet that the total yards gained running is the least amount gained in any playoff game ever and still win. They seem to cover every wide receiver like a glove, don't give yards after the catch and get fooled hardly ever and except for a few games here and there over that long time period, is in every game right up to the end. It simply defies logic. It is not the same to compare them to the NBA or the Spurs specifically because if you have the right 5 guys you can win a lot in the NBA. I realize this is a Warriors thread, but this question of Patriots' dominance is perplexing.

Don't forget the 49ers winning 10 games or more 18 seasons in a row. As for the Patriots, it has a lot to do with Bill Bellichick.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ancient history. Bill Walsh and the Niner Org was back in the day, miles ahead of nearly every team in the NFL in a variety of ways. Lots of teams were bad and some sucked. I am talking modern history. The NFL is today pure parity - was not back in the Walsh era. Anyway, you haven't explained much.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great coach + great QB = dominance. Weak division helps.

SF did the same thing with their coaches and QBs in their heyday

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ancient history. Bill Walsh and the Niner Org was back in the day, miles ahead of nearly every team in the NFL in a variety of ways. Lots of teams were bad and some sucked. I am talking modern history. The NFL is today pure parity - was not back in the Walsh era. Anyway, you haven't explained much.

LOL!

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not following me. A weak division helps, a great QB helps a lot but this is a team whose best WR is Julian Edleman and a RB that only less than 5% of all NFL fans can name. They don't seem to be physically gifted, not fast, no outstanding WRs although they do have Gronkowksi. The Pats are the closest thing we've seen to flag football in some time. They threw the ball over 50 times and rushed for 14 yards - which is the way the NFL is going. (for the record, I predict the NFL will become flag football in a few years). No, this team seems to know what the other team is doing. They rarely make mistakes, rarely are they out of position and they do it w/ an ever changing cast of people - it simply is unlike any team in modern history. It doesn't make sense. They always have a great offensive line that seems to be a staple and Brady almost always has huge passing lanes to throw. Brady now throws 6-7 yard passes which is largely a substitute for their running game. Anyway, IMHO they defy logic and history.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not following me. A weak division helps, a great QB helps a lot but this is a team whose best WR is Julian Edleman and a RB that only less than 5% of all NFL fans can name. They don't seem to be physically gifted, not fast, no outstanding WRs although they do have Gronkowksi. The Pats are the closest thing we've seen to flag football in some time. They threw the ball over 50 times and rushed for 14 yards - which is the way the NFL is going. (for the record, I predict the NFL will become flag football in a few years). No, this team seems to know what the other team is doing. They rarely make mistakes, rarely are they out of position and they do it w/ an ever changing cast of people - it simply is unlike any team in modern history. It doesn't make sense. They always have a great offensive line that seems to be a staple and Brady almost always has huge passing lanes to throw. Brady now throws 6-7 yard passes which is largely a substitute for their running game. Anyway, IMHO they defy logic and history.

one word - coaching

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one word - don't other teams have coaches?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word Brady. NE coach has a losing record without him. GB would be a 4 win team without AR. The NFL is a QB league.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....how' bout starting with good coaching,......starting with B.B. And who he selects under him for offense/defense/special teams,......plus a great QB helps too

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....how' bout starting with good coaching,......starting with B.B. And who he selects under him for offense/defense/special teams,......plus a great QB helps too
.....plus having an owner that stays out of operations (unlike jerry jones) helps too.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word Brady. NE coach has a losing record without him. GB would be a 4 win team without AR. The NFL is a QB league.

The Pats played a full season in 2008 with Matt Cassell as qb and went 11-5.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh! I know the NFL is essentially a passing game. If you have an excellent offensive line, an outstanding QB and a solid enough D, you can win. What I am trying to say is that the Pats have remained SB contenders for about 13 years unlike every other team in the NFL that have their ups and downs. They currently do not have to my eyes physical specimens, they do not currently have top flight RBs or WRs, so what they do is curious to say the least. They protect Brady and w/ the rule changes they merely dink the ball to their small Wideouts for 5-7 yard gains that are almost unstoppable - hence they no longer need to run the ball. Look. I have been suspicious since the tuck rule, since they knew the St Louis Rams playbook circa the 1st SB and I've been curious why more than few players and I think a few coaches have said they think the Pats cheat.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops - they did it again. made the Colts look like the Tampa Bay Bucs and could be that the Colts really are no better but they made that team look like an expansion team. maybe there is nothing supsicious and maybe JFK was shot by a lone nutty gunman, who knows. but every time I watch the Patriots I think something is up.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops - they did it again. made the Colts look like the Tampa Bay Bucs and could be that the Colts really are no better but they made that team look like an expansion team. maybe there is nothing supsicious and maybe JFK was shot by a lone nutty gunman, who knows. but every time I watch the Patriots I think something is up.

How'd they lose those 2 Superbowls to Eli then? Their cheats don't work on him? How does Baltimore have their number?

They did cheat but they got caught (the video thing), there are 31 other teams watching them pretty close.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSKing: The Giants stink. That's my point. They (the Ginats) went from SB victors to losers while the Pats have remained on top for 13-14 years. No other team in modern history comes close to the Patriots. All other coaches and organizations must pale in comparison. Btw Baltimore lost to NE while NE gained 11 rushing yards for the entire game. To me, whule I have zero evidence something underhanded has gone on, I know one thing: their record is so off the hook, so off the charts that it is beyond logic. If Ball Walsh could explain it to me, I would listen. But I've really not heard any explanation how one team w/ out high draft picks or superior atheletes can do what they have done for as long as they have done it for. Yeah, I'm suspicious I admit. Because it is strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Coaching in the NFL makes more of a difference than in any sport. They have a system and simply plug players with the right talent mix that are made for the system. As long as they have Belicheck and Brady who are both in tuned with what they are trying to do, they will be successful. It's too bad that York sided with Baalke in the Harbaugh mess. In Basketball, you side with the players or GMs, in football, it's coaching coaching coaching.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plug n play

Great Coaching in the NFL makes more of a difference than in any sport. They have a system and simply plug players with the right talent mix that are made for the system. As long as they have Belicheck and Brady who are both in tuned with what they are trying to do, they will be successful. It's too bad that York sided with Baalke in the Harbaugh mess. In Basketball, you side with the players or GMs, in football, it's coaching coaching coaching.

Cohen: Great coaching? That must mean that for the last 14 years give or take, no other team in the NFL had great coaching. Maybe that's true. Also, why don't other teams just "plug players' in? How hard can that be? I'd be willing to bet that if you took 10-15 of the most important stats in the NFL - whatever they may be - I don't know - the Patriots would be outliers w all of them. I'm beating a dead horse but they rarely to my eyes make mistakes, never play clunky, don't have superior atheletes, and seem to know what the other team is doing almost always. It is uncanny.