• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can the MVP be anyone but...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP and Comeback Player of the Year should go to Peterson. Manning is playing great coming off of the neck surgery, but Peterson is playing at a whole new level coming off a major knee injury. What Peterson is doing is so far beyond Manning right now that it would be robbery to give the MVP award to anyone else.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the last player to be MVP that didn't make the playoffs?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP and Comeback Player of the Year should go to Peterson. Manning is playing great coming off of the neck surgery, but Peterson is playing at a whole new level coming off a major knee injury. What Peterson is doing is so far beyond Manning right now that it would be robbery to give the MVP award to anyone else.

I agree, the clincher to me is that the Vikings have the 32nd ranked passing offense. It's pretty obvious that passing offense isn't putting fear into anyone, so Peterson is getting lots of 8-man fronts and still playing great.

jdannytaylor

BearVol
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not remember a better come back ever....Adrian Peterson, He is having an terriffic season.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Vikings make the playoffs I say give it to Peterson, but if they don't it goes to Manning. I don't think the MVP award should go to somebody on a team that can't make the playoffs

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious... why does everyone think Manning deserves it but not Brady? They have basically the same stats and wins and everything.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious... why does everyone think Manning deserves it but not Brady? They have basically the same stats and wins and everything.

I can't speak for them, but I think it's as simple as seeing the difference between last year's Broncos and this year's Broncos and then using 7th grade algebra to solve the equation by determining X.

It's Watt, AP, Brady, Manning in that order for me, but I think voters will have it flipped by years end (Manning, Brady, AP, Watt).

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iapproveoft128524328188287822.jpg

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for them, but I think it's as simple as seeing the difference between last year's Broncos and this year's Broncos and then using 7th grade algebra to solve the equation by determining X.

It's Watt, AP, Brady, Manning in that order for me, but I think voters will have it flipped by years end (Manning, Brady, AP, Watt).

Yep.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that. In the same respect then, do you think Andrew Luck deserves at least some recognition as well? Or do you think the struggles of the Colts last year just adds to Mannings argument?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that is holding AD back is that he's not a white qb.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. In the same respect then, do you think Andrew Luck deserves at least some recognition as well? Or do you think the struggles of the Colts last year just adds to Mannings argument?

Maybe?..idk...it's not really my argument, just how I see others coming to that conclusion. I do think Luck will win ROY largely due to the "turnaround" aspect of the story, but he might deserve it regardless of record anyway. I think people who are picking Manning are certainly influenced by how bad the Colts were last year too, as I'm sure we all are to some varying degree.

If the Colts/Manning/Luck situation sheds any light on anything for me it's simply reinforcing the impact a terrible, bad, good, or great player at the QB postion can make on a team. Not that any of us had to watch the Colts in the last few seasons to see that...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe?..idk...it's not really my argument, just how I see others coming to that conclusion. I do think Luck will win ROY largely due to the "turnaround" aspect of the story, but he might deserve it regardless of record anyway. I think people who are picking Manning are certainly influenced by how bad the Colts were last year too, as I'm sure we all are to some varying degree.

If the Colts/Manning/Luck situation sheds any light on anything for me it's simply reinforcing the impact a terrible, bad, good, or great player at the QB postion can make on a team. Not that any of us had to watch the Colts in the last few seasons to see that...

Yeah, I think Luck should get it, but RG3 is playing so well that I think they will end up sharing the award. Jenkins has an outside shot at it though, as he has run some nice routes the last couple weeks.