• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How can a player be a "reach" when....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been invited to the combine, and was in the green room?

The media inability to admit fault never ceases to amaze me. Everywhere I read, Laken Tomlinson was a "great pick but a bit of a reach". Why? Because the "experts" didn't have him in their mock drafts?

Rumor is he was going 32nd to the Pats. He was there in the green room for a good reason. And it's not because the NFL had a hunch someone would "reach" for him in round 1.

Moral of the story? There are no "experts" in the media.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been plenty of second round picks who sat in that room into the second day. Not saying at all that I don't like the pick, I have never said that, but I did say that I thought he was a reach.

For all the talk that the media guys are clueless and it's the teams themselves that really know what is going on I call bullshit. All that guys like Kiper, Mayock, and Mcshay do is watch film and players, same as what scouts do. I don't believe that the scouts on these teams offer some elite analysis that those guys don't. I would bet they would actually have no trouble finding jobs as NFL scouts if they wanted to.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The media inability to admit fault never ceases to amaze me. Everywhere I read, Laken Tomlinson was a "great pick but a bit of a reach". Why? Because the "experts" didn't have him in their mock drafts?

Rumor is he was going 32nd to the Pats. He was there in the green room for a good reason. And it's not because the NFL had a hunch someone would "reach" for him in round 1.

I'm not on the media bashing. We ourselves weed out who we like to read or not.

I said yesterday the same thing of him being back stage. He was invited by the NFL to be there. Why? Most likely because they felt he was a first round talent. I believe there were still 4 or 5 kids in the green room at the end of the round.

I still feel it is a way for them to justify why they had there picks at certain spots. Actually heard Mayock say " man I was wrong about this kid" when talking about the spot a kid finally got taken. Got to respect that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would still love to see how the Lions had their board set up. What rankings are the media applying to this? Their own?