• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.............Horns & Aggies

If Horns and Ags make the CFB Playoff

• Guaranteed SEMIS

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Chance at the FINALS

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should sack up and play each other on thanksgiving.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many SEC scheduling rules would that violate?
None,
Florida v Florida State
South Carolina v Clemson
Georgia v Georgia Tech
Texas A&M v Texas
Doesn't Matter. tu schedule is booked up for the next 10 years or so. Plus your AD just said he didn't want to play us and added that he only wants to play "quality OOC opponents"

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry we stole your Thanksgiving bitch UT.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee obviously should just make both UT and ATM ineligible for the playoff until they stop their slap fight.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough. It is embarrassing for us to feed into the propped up rivalry.
Nobody truly cared about Texas-Aggies until the split happened.

Now the media revises history to make it seem like there was this nonstop bitter hatred.
I get suckered into it myself just like everyone else....but it is getting tiresome.

They don't play each other. And honestly, they don't even have that many recruiting battles, never had much, still don't today, and neither has much reason to bother. They recruit different regions.

Texas always looked at Arkansas and Oklahoma with the hatred.
A&M always looked at Texas Tech and Arkansas as well.

Eventually A&M will find its SEC rival. Arkansas/A&M would be great for the SEC.
And then we can forget about teams that don't even play and likely won't for years.

Yup, there is absolutely no history in the A&M/Texas rivalry. It's not like both schools fight songs don't mention the other. It's not like it lasted a century. The rivalry is over (for now). One day thought, the powers that be on the 40 acres will think they can compete with A&M and someone will provide a huge payday and the game will be back. Just need you horns to grow a pair.

The Ags will be back playing on Thanksgiving and they have obviously "Traded UP" by having LSU on the schedule. If you don't believe me, take a look at ticket prices. You can get tickets for $60 to see the Horns/Frogs and A&M/LSU tickets start a $180. Now which game do you think will get national attention, and which one will not.

I know the Great State of Texas is a really big state and all, but just how big do you think it is that A&M & Texas don't recruit the same regions? Maybe this is your way of accepting the fact that Sumlin is whipping Texas in the recruiting battle across the state.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, there is absolutely no history in the A&M/Texas rivalry. It's not like both schools fight songs don't mention the other. It's not like it lasted a century. The rivalry is over (for now). One day thought, the powers that be on the 40 acres will think they can compete with A&M and someone will provide a huge payday and the game will be back. Just need you horns to grow a pair.

The Ags will be back playing on Thanksgiving and they have obviously "Traded UP" by having LSU on the schedule. If you don't believe me, take a look at ticket prices. You can get tickets for $60 to see the Horns/Frogs and A&M/LSU tickets start a $180. Now which game do you think will get national attention, and which one will not.

I know the Great State of Texas is a really big state and all, but just how big do you think it is that A&M & Texas don't recruit the same regions? Maybe this is your way of accepting the fact that Sumlin is whipping Texas in the recruiting battle across the state.

So a&m leaves, but Texas needs to "grow a pair"? Congrats on the thanksgiving game, to be fair the NFL night game has made all college games that day irrelevant in the eyes of national media. Sucks, but both our games will be going up against the best current rivalry in pro ball, seahawks vs niners.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a&m leaves, but Texas needs to "grow a pair"? Congrats on the thanksgiving game, to be fair the NFL night game has made all college games that day irrelevant in the eyes of national media. Sucks, but both our games will be going up against the best current rivalry in pro ball, seahawks vs niners.

A&M made the offer to continue the game.......Texas refused. But that argument is old. I've already accepted the fact that the game is gone for a while. It will be back one day though.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no rivalry according to tea sippers but they must bitch about us on message boards at least once a month...state law...:nod:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many recruiting battles between us right now because we are winning them all....#WRTS

LSU is our rival now. We play every Thanksgiving. I miss the Texas game but there isn't a whole lot that we can do about it besides move on.

That always makes me laugh. You better tell Tigerbait that you are rivals now. I proclaim ND is Texas's rival now, just like MSU is PSU's rival. They play of the Land Grant Tropy or whatever its called. Takes years to develop a real rivalry, but people think they can just make them out of the blue

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no rivalry according to tea sippers but they must bitch about us on message boards at least once a month...state law...:nod:

Did you notice that el Texan must have got tired of watching p0rn and pulled up a thread from the A&M/Texas game 3 years ago? Yeah A&M means nothing to the horns.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said tx-tamu isn't a rivalry is on some serious drugs. No one else on the face of the earth thinks that.