• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honors Official Statement about the UCF vs Duke game

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. After that game, you and many others know UCF basketball is on the same level as Duke. And you want to hold us to the same standard.

This Real UCFan know we still have to go through our Rise to Dominance to achieve the things that everyone expects UCF to achieve. We aren't there yet. But we are getting there. The Rise is Real.

#UCFacts
You should be called out for trying to peddle a “Final Four” in the NIT as being on the same level as the NCAA Tournament.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between College Football and Basketball. UCF can make the playoffs in basketball and get eliminated in the first weekend. In football, they get to play the victim card and claim fake titles.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament and they had the 259th ranked offense lol. Getting to the 2nd round is nothing to be proud of but I guess it is for a school like UCF.
It wasn't really just getting to the 2nd round. It was pushing the consensus best team in the country to the limit.
It was a great game with the best player on the best team against a much smaller school. I don't really see a reason to rain on the team because they lost a close game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold your head high. It is shame how the last 25 seconds were officiated. Easily a charge on Zion, but the no call was even stranger. The blatant hook and hold couple with the push in the back on the rebound was ridiculous

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many poor decisions by UCF late . Trying to throw a lob to Dawkins, Tacko not just giving up the layup to Zion , putting a guard on the lower block on the rebound . On one hand it's pretty shitty the refs didn't call either of the 2 obvious fouls late but on the other hand it's genius by Barrett to know the refs aren't likely to call that push off and even if they find it's worth the risk as you need to foul anyway . Great game but this woulf haunt me if I were a UCF fan

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i legit lol'd at "9 high majors in college basketball"

tbh though, AAC had 4 bids this year with UConn and WSU sucking

still think that league has potential to be a solid league. similar to what C-USA was in the early to mid 2000s before expansion took place

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the boyz on a great game. A burrito supreme away from beating Duke...

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i legit lol'd at "9 high majors in college basketball"

tbh though, AAC had 4 bids this year with UConn and WSU sucking

still think that league has potential to be a solid league. similar to what C-USA was in the early to mid 2000s before expansion took place

Welcome to CBB, noob.

There has always been 9 High Major conferences.

Mid-major is a term used in American NCAA Division I college sports, especially men's basketball, to refer to athletic conferences that are not the AAC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC, the Big East, the Atlantic 10, and the Mountain West. These conferences are sometimes referred to as "high majors" by comparison. The term "mid-major" was coined in 1977 by Jack Kvancz, head coach of Catholic University's men's basketball team.[1]

Mid-major - Wikipedia

#UCFacts

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to CBB, noob.

There has always been 9 High Major conferences.

Mid-major is a term used in American NCAA Division I college sports, especially men's basketball, to refer to athletic conferences that are not the AAC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC, the Big East, the Atlantic 10, and the Mountain West. These conferences are sometimes referred to as "high majors" by comparison. The term "mid-major" was coined in 1977 by Jack Kvancz, head coach of Catholic University's men's basketball team.[1]

Mid-major - Wikipedia

#UCFacts

the A-10 and MWC are definitely not high majors. They are upper tier mid-majors.

[whispering voice] the AAC isn't a high major either [/whispering]

get a grip, tubby

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple bounces went there way and it's a win... Missed an easy layup to go up 6.. I still have to tip my cap to them... Best of luck next year!