• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honestly

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is happening.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Oilers next. In Philly.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is not falling. The team needs to start playing like a team that wants to win something, They know what it takes to get there and it is time to turn it back on!:frusty::doh:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like it hurts... :frusty:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer couldn't have been more right when he stated that this team needed an attitude adjustment. The defense is out of position on almost every goal given up. Offensively far too many shots end up blocked or sailing wide and there is almost zero sustained pressure. To top it all off, the compete level just isn't there in any zone and the power play continues to be wretched for that very reason.

It's late in the season and we're battling teams that are fighting for their playoff lives. If you don't come ready to play, you are going to get smoked, and that's exactly what happened last night. If there were a single player or staff member on the team that weren't concerned about the play of the Flyers now and moving forward, they are focused and alert now.

To be shut out six times on the season and still not owning one yourself is pretty ridiculous when you still sit fourth in the Nhl in goals with a +34 goal differential even after getting torched 7-0.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav, you should post on the general board.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly, i'm not worried at all. how many times last year did we give up on this team and say all the same old "no heart no passion" criticism? this team is suffering from the flu, some injuries, and complacency that is only normal after pretty much being the class of the conference for 60+ games. they'll be fine. every team has losing streaks and slumps where they look horrible. trust me, this team is still a cup caliber team and i fully expect to be watching our boys in june. not to mention every other team we have been playing is fighting for their lives while we essentially have a free pass into the playoffs right now..its only normal for our opponents to be laying it all out on the line much like we were last year

Last edited by a moderator:

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
honestly, i'm not worried at all. how many times last year did we give up on this team and say all the same old "no heart no passion" criticism? this team is suffering from the flu, some injuries, and complacency that is only normal after pretty much being the class of the conference for 60+ games. they'll be fine. every team has losing streaks and slumps where they look horrible. trust me, this team is still a cup caliber team and i fully expect to be watching our boys in june. not to mention every other team we have been playing is fighting for their lives while we essentially have a free pass into the playoffs right now..its only normal for our opponents to be laying it all out on the line much like we were last year

What he said

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term I am not at all worried, but there is no excuse at all for our Flyers to get complacent and lose the top seed. If this is not rectified asap, the fucking shorthanded Pens will be taking the division lead from us, which under the circumstances should not happen this season.

I want home ice through at least the conference finals and likely the Cup finals as well and our players should want it too. It's a big deal if you ask me. Now we're suddenly in a position where there are four teams knocking at the door and I'm just not pleased with that situation arising so quickly.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term I am not at all worried, but there is no excuse at all for our Flyers to get complacent and lose the top seed. If this is not rectified asap, the fucking shorthanded Pens will be taking the division lead from us, which under the circumstances should not happen this season.

I want home ice through at least the conference finals and likely the Cup finals as well and our players should want it too. It's a big deal if you ask me. Now we're suddenly in a position where there are four teams knocking at the door and I'm just not pleased with that situation arising so quickly.

There's two ways to look at this Mav if they go full on to get that Presidents Trophy and burn out in the meantime how would we all feel then? I've seen many a team do this and to be honest I'd rather see the Flyers rest some guys and stay healthy then turn it on in a few weeks before the playoffs.

Top seed is great but in reality they're a good road team and no on in the bottom scares me so who cares if its 6, 7 or 8 that they play first..eventually you have to get through the rest anyway. I just want to see either the caps or bolts give it to the pens and wear each other out in the 1st rd. :heh:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened was Zherdev started playing like the rest of the team and the rest of the team started playing like Zherdev.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What happened was Zherdev started playing like the rest of the team and the rest of the team started playing like Zherdev.

ha i know right! he seemed to be playing with a lot of energy and though he didn't really have a good game against New York (who did???) I don't want to see him out of the lineup.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to be resting anyone. Our guys should be fresh simply because we have the ability to give top line minutes to any of our three lines and that fourth line can play a fair amount of minutes too, not to mention the great depth on defense. There is not one player on the entire team that is getting overloaded with minutes.

If we were to rest our guys and lose the division title to a shorthanded Pittsburgh team, that would be a fucking disaster. The games in hand must be won and the division has to be locked up first and foremost. We can all probably forget the President's Trophy. That isn't as important anyway. I do think it's vital to clinch the top seed in the conference however. Frankly, our schedule the rest of the way is fairly easy. Nine of the sixteen remaining games are against teams that currently sit outside of the playoffs. We should be able to at least find some team chemistry and put forth the effort to roll through most of these teams without tiring.

I also think the difference between playing a Buffalo/Carolina in round one and a Montreal/Tampa Bay is pretty damn great. Win the conference and you've likely got home ice if you make it to the finals anyway. Only if Vancouver were to make it as well would that not be the case.